autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I知 out

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I知 out

Look man, haters are always gonna hate. But if you feel like someone痴 doin you wrong and bringing arguments your way.... your doing no one on this forum any favors. If you leave, they win. They値l just go one to think their right and try n bully someone else.

And just to be clear your not here for them. Your here for yourself and the people you have helped on this forum. Can you think of one person at all that benefited from your good advice or suggestions? If so what about the next guy you might help out.

Theirs a lot of negative anywhere you go.... but also a lot of positives. Focus on those and don稚 let the haters win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Klasse Act, Hermes1, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The internet is not for you my friend. This place is like sunshine and roses compared to most forums.

And to stop buying from a business because of some strangers on the internet who have no affiliation with said business is ridiculous.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post

I would like that thank those of you who have taught me so much over the years. This was a great place with a great bunch of people. Always willing to help, no negativity.

First - I for one, and I know others feel the same way, have always appreciated your positive contributions to this forum. Thank you.

Second - I'm let down to read that there's someone or more than someone, on this forum that is posting in a way to make you feel this way BUT if this is the case (and I don't doubt you), then I completely understand the way you feel.

I'm sorry to say, often times I am too busy to spend any substantial time on this forum. The last month has been crazy busy with all the different hats I wear and even as I type this, I'm behind on a new product review and more on the way, I have 2 expense reports to figure out and fill out, I have multiple "New Product Request" form to fill out and submit, I have sample to send to people, I have to get more cars for my Allentown class, at least one more car for my "My Classic Car" shoot next week, I simply cannot keep up and that's sad because I enjoy helping others by providing answers and fresh content.

Be true to thy own self Dave and if you must leave, then that's the right thing to do....

5. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have not seen any of this but I don't read every single post. If it is so, and Mike being overwhelmed with work, perhaps it's time for a few more full time moderators?
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't noticed much drama here lately. Maybe it's because I steer away from any thread that I know will be about Bead Maker
    I actually have noticed a lot of new people with beginners questions and a lot of people helping them so I think the forum is doing what it's supposed to.
    As long as most people learn to move on and not express their opinions that sometimes might offend others, things are ok.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

I was a member of the moderator team on Autopia several years back and I can say we were very good about curbing personal attacks and enforcing forum rules about what can be posted and what can稚. We couldn稚 do this without a team so I would say if cracking down on these types of things is necessary here, then a team is needed here as well to do it. The team needs to regularly meet and review what can and can稚 be allowed.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

9. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Rmd, PaulMys liked this post
    Dislikes Bobh59 disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stay cool, will be in touch. Gotta do what ya gotta do to stay sane...

11. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not as frequent a poster as many here and in fact I had a long gap in my activity due to our travels and being out of good cell and wifi coverage, so maybe that is the reason I have not noticed any negative behavior here, or perhaps because my interest is more limited and just lucky that the topics I frequent are more friendly. My experience here has always been positive and helpful. This is not to cast shade on your experience, no doubt valid and is unfortunate and I hate to see people leave this or any forum because of a few bad apples. Unfortunately, I am afraid this is the world we live in where there is less civility, respect and courteousness towards others, forums unfortunately seem to bring these reprehensible qualities out. I only hope they are the few and not the many. Like others, when this bad behavior comes out, in my case other forums, I just choose to ignore it. Whatever you do, best of luck and hope you reconsider. To those who are tempted to write something nasty or disrespectful, you might consider the maxim, if you have nothing positive or respectful to say, don't say it.
    Sincerely, Bruce
    2015 Ram Big Horn CC 3500 Cummins DRW w/AISIN tranny

13. Likes Klasse Act, acuRAS82, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good for you, I came back after awhile, but now, I’m not posting here any longer for exactly your reasons. Hope you find another forum to enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be curious to know at current day, the total number of members here? That number must be quite large.

Hectic, understandable what Mike says, sort of like a Kung Fu School, you cannot commonly expect the master or grandmaster of the school to give regular instruction to beginning pupils.

I'm no master here, but I try helping others when I can, and when it's something I might know a little bit about. I probably started detailing cars while Mike P. was in grade school, but just like I was riding road racing bikes when Lance Armstrong was in diapers, surely doesn't mean I'll best him in a race, nor best Mike P. at his trade.

I'm actually pretty surprised how often Mike does respond and chime in to the countless posters and threads.
    You have bitten off quite a bit to chew Mr. Phillips.

Again Dave, hope you'll give it a rest for a bit, and reconsider. Your a valuable member of this forum IMO. Others I miss, like Bobby G. too was a valued member to this forum IMO, I know he chimes in on a rare occasion, but rarely at current day.

16. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.