autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Makeover continues......

Tonight continued the makeover work on Nick's car.

• Replaced wipers
    • Installed a new cabin filter
    • Ran the last ozone treatment. Now the car is completely fresh inside. �� Trim and windshield cowling work from last night turned out perfect. Just like new!

Started on the outside too.

• Polished out just a slight bit of hazing that started on the headlights. PPF on them later. Looking at ordering some 20% tinted PPF for them and on my car.
    • Perfected the tail lights...bye bye swirls
    • Washed and fully cleaned the door jambs and deck lid area.
    • Stripped and polished all the windows and mirrors in prep for coating them
    • Washed, decontaminated and fully prepped the car for the buffer this weekend. Thankfully temps in the 60's and 70's!! Again, looking to use GYEON Syncro.

Few more pics:

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Picked up a new car!

Do the 2014's have that SHITTY "carpet" in them that you can barely vacuum anything out of? Its more like trunk liner than carpet in some of the less expensive Toyotas (Yaris, Corolla) in the vintage Im used to dealing with (2002-2007)
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to you and your son on the car. My first car was a 1990 toyota corolla, bottom of the line, I think dE trim or something like that. Manual windows, cloth seats, terrible radio..... but I loved it cause it was mine and I used to turtle wax it every chance I got. . I picked up my high school sweetheart for a first date in that car and 25 years later I still have the girl but the Corolla is gone. My wife and I always joke that she married me for my car. Hahaha. Good memories.
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

4. Likes TTQ B4U, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Do the 2014's have that SHITTY "carpet" in them that you can barely vacuum anything out of? Its more like trunk liner than carpet in some of the less expensive Toyotas (Yaris, Corolla) in the vintage Im used to dealing with (2002-2007)
    different but still the same quality. not carpet but some kind of fabric they call carpet The best purchase I've made all year is my Tornador Black and the Velocity Vac System. Makes vacuuming anything about as easy as can be.
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

6. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ntwillie1 View Post
    My first car was a 1990 toyota corolla, bottom
    of the line, I think dE trim or something like that.

Manual windows, cloth seats, terrible radio.....
    but I loved it cause it was mine and I used to
    turtle wax it every chance I got. .

I picked up my high school sweetheart for
    a first date in that car and 25 years later I
    still have the girl but the Corolla is gone. My
    wife and I always joke that she married me
    for my car. Hahaha.

Good memories.
    ^^^Cool story.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Nice choice in car!

Maybe I’m just jealous since the first car I had (that ran more than 600 miles - I’m looking at you ‘87 Nova...) was an ‘85 Chevette, but it drives me nuts when parents set their kids up in 300+ HP cars because they can be so readily had. He’ll be able to build up a solid driving foundation before hot-rodding down the road if that’s his thing.

I bet that thing absolutely pops in person. I’m always jealous of your work! I’m also glad I don’t live closer, or I’d never do anything on my own cars (and I’d have a lot emptier pockets...).

He’s not going to be able to hide anything with the car when you’re done. I can see it now: “Son, we need to talk. I see you’ve been using quite a bit of pressure during your wash process...”

9. Likes TTQ B4U, Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    I bet that thing absolutely pops in person
    Did a test panel before work.......let's just say it's nearly the same color as my car and when I'm done we'll see if anyone can pick out which sample is from a 5-6 year Corolla or a 1-2 year old Infiniti

11. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Did a test panel before work.......let's just say it's nearly the same color as my car and when I'm done we'll see if anyone can pick out which sample is from a 5-6 year Corolla or a 1-2 year old Infiniti
    Would you consider trading with your son?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Would you consider trading with your son?
    Haha! He's been driving my car to gain more experience. Eco mode is his friend and mine too However, mom will likely be driving the Corolla at times. My wife runs some crazy long errands at times and while we love her SUV, and the 2.3 Ecoboost, it's certainly not Eco anything. Sucks gas with her right foot doing work. However, this little corolla shows 34mpg average on the trip computer so mom........get used to this and we and cut our gas budget. LOL Heck, I may take it to Michigan a couple times for giggles too. I have a couple trips planned and wouldn't mine seeing how it does.

14. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Latest Project update though:

Project Corolla, night 3. Last night after work I finished up refining the paint work. Inside door jambs included. Nothing here is final as it needs a wipe-down prior to coating as it's layered in polish/compound dust. Wheels need polished out yet too. Should be finished up today or Sunday perhaps. There will be 3 layers of ceramic on it and I have to work on it around family time and at night so leveraging time for each layer to cure soaks up some working hours.

Here are a few cell shots before I packed up for the night. No good clarity shots yes, but it's 98% full correction. Few slight scratches here and there that just aren't worth chasing. I'd rather keep the clear coat thicker. Great news is it's nearly orange peel free. Super clarity in the paint and that will really allow the mica metallic paint to sparkle when light/sunlight hits it. I'm very pleased there.

16. Likes Diner, SWETM liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast