autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hyundai Veloster R-Spec Vs. Ford Fiesta ST

TNcoupe is ANTI 4 DOOR, trust meHyundai Veloster R-Spec Vs. Ford Fiesta ST

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes TNcoupe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    +1 on the Mazda 3 hatch.
    I owned a 2010 Mazda3 hatch for a while and passed it down to my oldest daughter when I got my GTI. She still drives it today with 90K+ miles on the clock. Flawless car and the ONLY repair has been the front window regulators.

As much as I liked that Mazda, it wasn't a quick car. It handled pretty good stock, but even with the larger NA 2.5, it still felt like it needed another 20~30HP to be truly entertaining. The last couple generations have really improved on things like interior noise and made huge steps in interior materials, but I don't know if I'd call it a sporty car. A nice car, yes! Great daily driver, yes! Enthusiast car? Not so much, IMO.

Not all of us have families and need or want 4 doors!
    I'm a partial empty-nester with my first two door. I figured I didn't need four doors and carry passengers much. Since I bough the car and got rid of my four door I've carried more passengers than ever! A bit of a pain for the back seat passengers to get in and out. At least there is plenty of leg room once they are there.

I hate that the US is all about 4 doors and BIG BIG BIG.
    Yes! Not only 4 doors but seven passenger seating too. Around here, you either drive a massive SUV to haul your one small child around (or no kids at all) or you own a massive full-sized pickup truck. Anyone driving a car of any size is looked upon like there is something wrong with them.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

4. Likes DetailKitty, TNcoupe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Sadly, only in the US. The US market has done it to themselves by going all in on soggy, boring, SUV's. I've read the new Fiesta ST is spectacular.

Again, sadly, the car is not available here. The US hasn't seen a 1-series since it was re-designated as a 2 series. Due to the US's general dislike for hatchbacks, I doubt it would have sold very well.
    Sad that it's so. But often it's the market that decides what to offering. For us consumers here in Sweden. We need to have cars with a high mileage. I don't know how to convert liters/100km to mpg. My Kia cee'd has a 1.6L turbo diesel and I'm between 4-5L/100km and that's very low for a SW and the size of the car and still 128hp. But in the EU the gas prices is crazy. You can double the cost of it vs what you have. And in Sweden they keep raising the taxes on the gas and diesel. So many can not afford the big SUVs and trucks. And also the more powerfull engines is not a option for many either. So think it's much of that we have more options on the smaller cars. Like the hatchback and the family cars is often a SW. Now the gas price is at $6.75 a gallon. And it will go up even more now when the world wide prices is getting higher cause of the fire at one of the biggest refinery in Saudi Arabia. I would love to have a faster more powerfull car. But the gas prices and insurance costs is to big for my budget. And you see that on the used car prices which is the most popular cars to buy.

6. Likes Klasse Act, bfielder32087 liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345