autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hyundai Veloster R-Spec Vs. Ford Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Good to know. I've looked into the obd11. What changes have you done? Anything you really like or don't like?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I’ll reply tomorrow in a PM to avoid polluting this thread.
    Bruno Soares

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, bfielder32087 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    You know damn well I do, Rog.
    No need for explanation.

Get me on the podcast. Lol
    I wish I could have my own, I have alot to say and have a big mouth and alot of passion! Growing up in the D I've seen alot of changes as well as mistakes! Arrongance thinking we could keep making big terrible cars while the Japanese had quality, small cars during the 1st fuel crisis, only to have the U.S. scramble to make pure Sh!t like the Pinto and Vega, Chrysler atleast tried by bringing in Mitsubishi cars and slapping their names on them. Then the late 70's came around, converting gas V8's to diesels, what could go wrong....Hyundai Veloster R-Spec Vs. Ford Fiesta ST, displacement on demand, again, what could go wrong....Hyundai Veloster R-Spec Vs. Ford Fiesta ST I'm sure there were people not being listened to inside the then Big 3 about what REALLY needs to be done but they just told them to go and lay down next to their bowls....meanwhile, a 2nd gas crunch happened and you know what, those quality little Japanese cars were getting better and better which in turn allowed them to make quality mid-sized cars, our answer....Ford Taurus, buff said. Ok, enough of the history lesson, don't need to go on and on more but the same thing has happened again, giving away an entire segment, CARS in favor of SUV's, what happens when that bubble bursts because it will, trust me and the Koreans and Japanese are still making cars, small and medium ones, some subcompacts even and ofcoarse great SUV/CUVs, not everyone wants and/or needs these, I still see alot of cars on the road!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Id have to pick the Veloster but Im a GM guy so I have to hate Ford. lol

I do like that Veloster, Im not sure it compares fairly to the Fiesta I would think the Focus would be more in its class no?
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

5. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Id have to pick the Veloster but Im a GM guy so I have to hate Ford. lol

I do like that Veloster, Im not sure it compares fairly to the Fiesta I would think the Focus would be more in its class no?
    i think the Focus ST would be more comparable to the Veloster N but without the performance package...

Post Thanks / Like

Hyundai Veloster R-Spec Vs. Ford Fiesta ST

Also if your not gonna keep forever the resale value once stopped is gonna SUCK. Also did I mentioned it looked better?

JK...have you considered a civic? Kinda hatchy and would be my choice in that category. The veloster and fit close seconds

Also don’t know much about it but the Mazda 3 hatch looks good if you mod (wheels/lower) it.

Also gti.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Im the person to weigh in on this. Ive driven the Fiesta ST, owned a Focus ST for 3 years, and currently drive a Hyundai Veloster N with performance package. The Fiesta STs bsck seat is useless, the Recaros are super narrow from a side bolster standpoint, and the car is very narrow. I was nearly touching shoulders with the guy riding with me. The Focus ST is a great car especially when tuned with an intercooler. No issues with mine except the turbo piping blew couplings exiting T7 at Road ATL under full throttle on a fast lap. Now onto the Hyundai. Straight line speed is the same as the FoST was with a stage 2 tune. It does everything else way better. Cornering, braking, and initial steering input is way better. If your budget is $20-25k look around on Autotrader, there are some leftover 2019 Veloster Ns that can probably be bought in your range cause the 2020s are out.

P.S. DetailKitty......I Love You. I hate, despise, and loathe 4 door cars also. The Veloster N is the closest thing I could get to a 2dr hot hatch in the US.

10. Likes VISITOR, DetailKitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As I understand it is it not only in the US they stop to manufactures the smaller cars like Fiesta and Focus? Or is world wide?

So spare parts I think will be able in the future as it's still manufactures here in EU. Then the parts may be a little pricey down the road. Many was worried about this when Saab was stopping doing cars. But think that they have some obligations to over spare parts for a number of years after they stop to manufactures them. But who knows it can be a difference in the US. Don't think so though.

I like the Veloster and Hyundai and Kia is well in the market here in the EU. And will take it's place in the US too if they don't already have done that. Also VW has upped their game since they try to recover from the emissions scandal. And they have been leaders in the range of hatchback. We actually calls them Golf modells these range of cars over here. So 17' and up you bet it's going to be quality right through the VW cars. A GTi I would have in mind just for quality reasons. Not that the Veloster has bad quality as they have been practicing to make great quality vehicals the last 10 years here in EU. But it's always a little question mark when a new modell is released. Since it's in the Golf GTi modells range of cars they useally use a little higher quality all around since it's higher performance from them.

The Fiesta RS would be the monster they did that was 4wd and 250hp or something. That I would look into if they have sold those versions in the US. Don't remember when they did manufactured those though. A step-cousin of mine who works as a mechanic at a Ford dealership had one of those. WOW they where moving fast and crazy cornering abilities. Think one of the biggest reasons where it took out the Focus RS version with ease. So fun the consumer did not get to have LOL.

How is it with the BMW 140M in the US? That's seems also to be a great car. Depending on the price range of course.

So many options. But test drive them and see which you think is the most comfortable one for you. This can be different for us which will suit us better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    any reliability issues with the GTI's? i like that rabbit edition, very nice...
    Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I don’t want to jinx myself but I’ve had mine for almost 2.5 years now, not a single issue. It still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.
    Sorry about the late response. Didn't get on all weekend.

My 2014 Mk6 GTI was flawless. In 7 years an 68K miles of ownership I only had one mechanical issue which was handled under the warranty. I liked the car so much I leased it for 3.5 years and then bought out my lease so I could keep driving it. Mechanically it was very sound and the performance was great. Build quality was better than any car I've owned except for a BMW. In fact, after living with the car, my wife no longer wants Japanese or American cars any more. She's only looking at German for her next vehicle.

From all the research I did prior to buying my MK6 and being lightly involved in the user community since, it seem like the MK4 GTI's were what started the bad reputation for reliability. MK5's were much better, with good mechanical reliability, but a few electrical issues. MK6's (the last to be built in Germany BTW) were solid all around, and apparently the MK7's continue the trend.

At my local SCCA autocross events, the GTI's rule the hot hatch grid in both stock and tuned form. One of the fastest guys in ANY class drives a STOCK Mk7 GTI. He's an excellent driver for sure, but it also shows the merits of the platform he operates.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    As I understand it is it not only in the US they stop to manufactures the smaller cars like Fiesta and Focus? Or is world wide?
    Sadly, only in the US. The US market has done it to themselves by going all in on soggy, boring, SUV's. I've read the new Fiesta ST is spectacular.

How is it with the BMW 140M in the US? That's seems also to be a great car. Depending on the price range of course.
    Again, sadly, the car is not available here. The US hasn't seen a 1-series since it was re-designated as a 2 series. Due to the US's general dislike for hatchbacks, I doubt it would have sold very well.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

14. Likes SWETM, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    That's alot more area than I cover and speaks MORE than what I posted, that's for sure.

Check this out...EcoSport, Escape (lifted Focus), Edge, Flex, Explorer, Expedition...coming soon, Bronco & MaverickHyundai Veloster R-Spec Vs. Ford Fiesta ST, then a pick up version of the Bronco, doesn't make sense or cents IMO, just brought over the Ranger, LOL!

Someone tell me, am I missing something here. Isnt S, M & L enoughHyundai Veloster R-Spec Vs. Ford Fiesta ST

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The EcoSport is a turd IMHO... ZERO power. Definitely the Kona over it for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Also if your not gonna keep forever the resale value once stopped is gonna SUCK. Also did I mentioned it looked better?

JK...have you considered a civic? Kinda hatchy and would be my choice in that category. The veloster and fit close seconds

Also don’t know much about it but the Mazda 3 hatch looks good if you mod (wheels/lower) it.
    +1 on the Mazda 3 hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by TNcoupe View Post
    P.S. DetailKitty......I Love You. I hate, despise, and loathe 4 door cars also. The Veloster N is the closest thing I could get to a 2dr hot hatch in the US.
    Not all of us have families and need or want 4 doors!
    I hate that the US is all about 4 doors and BIG BIG BIG.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

16. Likes TNcoupe liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast