autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Good Luck Yancy!

Good Luck Yancy!

As some have you may have seen and heard during last week's Live Detailing Class, Yancy announced he's leaving Autogeek and moving on to a new chapter in his life.

Yancy is one of the first guys I met here at Autogeek back in 2009 when I came from California to Florida to teach my Meguiar's Saturday Detailing 101 Class at the 2009 Detail Fest.

In need of a demonstration vehicle for the class, Yancy volunteered his green 2006 Dodge Durango. Here's a picture from that day.

Here's Todd Helme at that class...

To create this thread, I went to Google Images, typed in Yancy Martinez autogeekonline.net and in no particular order, here's some images from the last 10 years or so...

Yancy playing DJ at the 4th Autogeek Cars & Coffee Car Show

From the same Cars & Coffee and when Drones first became popular, here's Yancy playing Drone Videographer

A few years ago we got together with Matt Steele from Trucks Gone Wild and our buddy Jay and took my 1987 Silverado to one of Matt's Monster Truck Mud Fests

Here's Yancy working a SCANGRIP Swirl Finder Light for a SCANGRIP Video

This is from a trip to Omaha, Nebraska where together with Bruno Massel we captured the complete wetsanding and buffing process for a 1969 AMX - Here's Yancy setting up a GoPro camera to capture a time-lapse video of the project.

Here's the video...

And filming the project...

This was from the time we wetsanded a 1965 Mustang GT Fastback.

Here's Yancy capturing the video for a 2011 Camaro

2. Likes dwaleke liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Good Luck Yancy!

More....

In 2016 Yancy and I traveled to England to teach one of our Roadshow Classes in conjunction with the 2016 WaxStock!

Here's a LIVE detailing class we did on Tire Coatings.

Behind the scenes

Here's Yancy setting up...

My Classic Car

Due to Covid-19 as well as that Dennis Gage sold his house and his TV Studio was the garage that went with the house, we had to improvise and shoot all our TV segments for My Classic Car in-house. I've worked with 7 different TV production companies in my life and some have as few as 3-4 employees, (cameramen, director, sound engineer, etc.) and some as many as 14 people on the set. Yancy does it all - by himself.

Click here to view the original image of 1024x768px.

This is Dr. Beasley's LS-10 on the paint of this old 2-door Ford

Mike Phillips

More...

From 2012, back when we we're filming our own TV show, "What's in Autogeek's Garage", here's Yancy sporting some long hair as he plays "Set Director"

Here's Yancy getting products to be used on Tom's Packard ready to go...

First up on Wednesday morning was Tom and his 1936 Packard with 426 cubic inch Hemi Engine with a 3/4" crankshaft making it a 511 cubic inch engine.

Back when we held our Cars & Coffee car shows we also held "Tech Sessions" in the garage. Yancy did all the work to film these tech sessions and make them show up on the TV screens so everyone in the audience not sitting in the front rows could see all the action.

Yancy is down on the floor with a video camera jig strapped to him to support the camera.

Multiple big screen TVs
    The new shop is outfitted with multiple big screen TVs and with Yancy capturing all the action via video camera you can see the action no matter where you sit.

We've had a lot of special guests over the years here at Autogeek for video work and education. Here's a picture of Yancy playing "Set Director" as he sets up all the product that pj from Dodo Juice will need to make home-made Carnauba Wax.

The Carnauba Wax we made was then used on another project, a 2001 Camaro.

New SONAX How To Videos at Autogeek!

SONAX has been here a lot for video work including Jason Whitely and behind the scenes are LeeAnn Davis and Rob McCrary.

Manning the cameras is Yancy Martinez

Here's Yancy clapping the clapping board.

LIVE Detailing Class - Restoring original paint with Meguiar's #7 Show Car Glaze

The only video like it in the world - how to restore antique original single stage paint. This was a LIVE broadcast and Yancy was able to capture everything.

Mike Phillips

More...

With Yancy's video talent, often times when other companies wanted to launch a new product, they came to Autogeek Here's an example, when Meguiar's launched the FIRST microfiber pads when they launched the Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System.

Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System

Yancy moving at the speed of light... that's the norm for him whether he's behind the camera or the computer.

Birthday Thread from 2011

Here's Yancy running the camera boom during detail fest

Yancy is a busy guy, not only busy but very talented...

To help maximize his talent, Autogeek just got him two more monitors and a brand new Mac Pro Quad Core Computer! (It's under the desk).

The shelf in the back holds our brand new HD Camera and a Stable Cam Rig as well as the HD Camera we've been using ever since we started shooting video in our Studio.

Here's Yancy moving cars in and out of the Studio...

This is Yancy, he's the Creative Director here at Autogeek as well as a "Car Guy".

Yancy has way too much fun at work...

Yancy lighting a set...

As Seen On TV! Water Beading Car Wash - The perfect maintenance wash for coated cars!

Yancy is a MASTER at capturing the money shot - that is what all the excitement is about a new product.

Here's Yancy capturing b-roll that shows the before and after difference in water beading JUST from using the car wash.

Driver's side - zero water beading, also look at the driver's side half of the matte black vinyl graphics.

Look at the water beading after simply pushing a wash mitt over the paint.

Pictures: 5th Autogeek Cars & Coffee with Dennis Gage

Smokem if you got em....

Just to get the shot, Yancy burned his finger writing Autogeek in the pile of rubber left on the concrete after the epic burnout by Earl the Plumber!

This is where the proverbial rubber actually does meet the road...

That's Yancy using his finger to write Autogeek in the molten rubber while it's still liquid! He says it burnt his finger! Kids... don't try this at home...

Mike Phillips

More...

Tough job but someone's got to do it...

Video: Please help me to welcome Brittany, our Show Car Garage Model, to AutogeekOnline!

Pictures & Comments from May 14th, 2011 Saturday Detailing 101

Here's Yancy, he's so smart and talented... for everyone that's in on the trial run of this new system for Live Broadcasting, we think you're really going to be impressed.

Mike Phillips

More...

A few years ago Yancy, Nick and I were able to travel to Germany for Automechanika and while we were there we visited FLEX and SONAX.

Nick, Yancy and I standing outside the corporate office of SONAX in Neuburg, Germany

Here's Nick, Yancy, me and Rob McCrary

And I have know idea what this is about?

Mike Phillips

More...

On July 10th, I will have been at Autogeek for 11 years. There are many Autogeek team members that have been here much LONGER than I and thus have had to suffer with Yancy even longer, but I would like to say this, and this is also something I say publicly about Yancy all the time.

Yancy has more talent in the tip of just one of his fingers than anyone else I've ever met. Yes he truly is this talented.

Of course, I will take some of the credit...

Mike explaining to Yancy, what a video camera is and how to use one....

9. Likes dgage liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Just to share, today is Yancy's last day at Autogeek. I created this thread sharing some pictures over the years with some of the things Yancy did around here.

Join me in wishing him the best of luck in all his future endeavors.

Good luck!

11. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with your new adventure Yancy. I’m glad to have had the chance to meet you.

Post Thanks / Like

Bon voyage and a great new career.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast