autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Yours truely on an automotive podcast!

Google Podcasts

So about 6 weeks ago I was asked to fill in for the regular co-host of this show. The regular co-host, Lou Costabile, has a You Tube channel where he interviews owners of cars and features their rides, over 1300 cars on this channel YouTube My buddy Hectour and his 1979 Mazda Rx-7 was featured on his channel about 2 years ago, check it out! So during this discussion I got to talk about the 3 D's....Detroit, Detailing and Dragon, as in Tail of the Dragon. This was my first time being on a podcast I felt I did ok, especially for someone with a big mouth that likes to talk, especially about cars and detailing, only missing food and music to cover all of my interests, LOL, maybe next time.

So let me know how you guys liked the show and if you like it enough, maybe subscribe to the channel, they talk about all things automotive, current and the past. The main host, Marc Vernon, used to be on the local radio station here 97.1 The Drive and has an extensive collection of cars from a 2002 Aston Martin V12/6spd to a 1980 Saab 96 and everything inbetween and the other guy, Lou, has a Viper!

Enjoy guys and know that I'll be back and promise to be much better
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes PaulMys, DFB, derek0609, MadMerc, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yours truely on an automotive podcast!

That is Awesome, Roger!!

I listened to the first 5 minutes, but I'm gonna hear the rest soon!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Congratulations!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank's for posting, a great listen. I'm always looking for new podcasts and have now subscribed.

7. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Thank's for posting, a great listen. I'm always looking for new podcasts and have now subscribed.
    Thank you very much!

This show is weekly and has a structure which is fine but I'm going to see if there's any wiggle room to "go off the reservation" from time to time. I'll probably be back after I run the Dragon and hopefully detail his C4 on a Sat and record a show with him the following day so everything is fresh, pardon the pun.

Please spread the word about the show and thanks for subscribing, like you said, not alot of car podcasts out there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome podcast! You did an awesome job to bring out the detailing discussion on a great level. And that Tail of the Dragon seems to be like an amazing drive. All of the backroads seems also to be awesome to drive on. Listen through the podcast split up but have finished it know. Fun to hear your voice when you have only been reading your posts. Great work Roger!

I have always since I was starting with mopeds in my younger years and then moving up to cars. Have the Route 66 and taking sidetracks to see different things and explore the US on my bucket list. I'm also a sports guy and have the Detroit Red Wings as a favorite team in the NHL. It was when Niklas Lidström started to play with them that was the deal to I started to follow them. Then that they always has been awesome to do the scouting of players that has impressed me. And then how many they have takeing up through their organisation is great too. So it will if ever happens during the NHL season I come to the US. Then my NBA team is Chicago Bulls and Michael Jordan that's the cause I follow them. Maybe not the most convinient teams to be holding on. Since I think it's a big rivalty between Detroit and Chicago LOL. NFL is Atlanta Falcons and don't remember his name but was a great wide reciever in the beginning of the 90s. We got cable TV just little earlier and during the sundays here in Sweden there was a re-run of 1 game and then information on the other games and news. Which I started to follow as I have not seen any games before. And was actually on a couple of trainings of the team in the city where I was born in. They have been up in the highest league 1 time in Sweden and the rest in the second and third league. The standard is way lower here in Sweden compared to other you guys and even not so high standard in Europe either. We have had some years they have gotten good places in the like Champions League of soccer they have here in EU. They actually wanted me in their team. But 15 years old and playing with the big boys as a wide reciever. I was to scared to go for it LOL. Practice was one thing but games you would need to be way faster than I was LOL.

So it's a huge bucket list that I would want to do. The dream was to buy an american classic car and some friends and crossing from east to west and get to see as much of different sports that's plays during that time. And see as many landmarks and such as possible. There where a couple of team mates in the soccer team I played in that did do a Route 66 kind of thing. It was when I had just gotten my injuries. So was so envy of them and would have gone with them if I had been healthy. Maybe I get better so I can do at least some kind of trip over to you guys and gals over there. Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah is one of the places I would want to visit. A Nascar race would also be awesome to see live.

I think that they will invite you on the podcast again as you did great.

/ Tony

11. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, MadMerc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tony, your an interesting guy and good taste in hockey teamsYours truely on an automotive podcast! Nick Lidstrom was a REAL Klasse Act for our team, an easy pick to wear the C after "the Captain" retired. Did you know he missed about 22 games in his entire career! I'm sure he's a national hero in Sweden and it's well deserved!

I hope you get to come here, one way or the other and if I win the lotto I'll get you over here so you can check off a couple things from your bucket list!

Thanks for the kind words about the podcast, I'll be better next time as I now know what it's all about, stay "tuned"....or subscribedYours truely on an automotive podcast!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

13. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Roger!
    Way to put your gift of gab to good use
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

15. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool. I listened to the whole thing.Yours truely on an automotive podcast!Yours truely on an automotive podcast!

17. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dragon is a cool road and gets all the pub. The Rattler, Moonshiner 28 are a lot more fun to me and my riding group. Do those roads on 2 wheels, whole different ballgame

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast