autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who from AG Mods the Facebook Group?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Well, maybe you can try and tell me why a FB group is better than a forum which has everything broken down into categories as well as a SEARCH feature...I'm all ears and BTW I'll be 5-0 in FebruaryWho from AG Mods the Facebook Group?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    depends on how you use the forum. Here, I honestly use the search feature and only ever click on "new posts" With the FB Groups, it's easy to search just like here and new stuff, well it's a lot too but easy to keep up with. Each group is like a separate forum and you can then search only within that group.

So for example, here's a screen shot of the AG Facebook page where I simply searched for "wrap" as to show you the car and the thread that I was referencing here. Pretty simple to use.

next time I should just LOL at the car and not say a dang thing right? either way, I'm still disappointed in how it is being moderated. As noted above, there are far worse things being said there and trolled on vs my silly comment and yet they remain whereas I get banned for a week.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

I stopped following that group. This forum is way batter as a platform to help others and find help when needed. FB has too many trolls.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Hahah, after seeing that picture they’re fortunate all you said was “ugly.” Idk if this chrome vibrant colorshift wrap craze will ever end but if it does, I won’t miss it and it won’t be soon enough!
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

4. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

See...I'm sure you explained it but I don't see the need to switch over, not one bit, even for just AG things, like you've been using it for.

I guess if forums go away I'll be screwed, let's keep them going! Case in point, the Elantra Sport forum I'm on...D E A D! A guy over there told me to come to his FB page where there's 2400 people. He explained why it's better, it didn't sink in and/or I just didn't understand. It's probably being used to forums for the past 19+ yrs that I'm set in my ways. Don't understand alot of what's going on in the world todayWho from AG Mods the Facebook Group?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    Hahah, after seeing that picture they’re fortunate all you said was “ugly.” Idk if this chrome vibrant colorshift wrap craze will ever end but if it does, I won’t miss it and it won’t be soon enough!
    ...and gloss black wheels tooWho from AG Mods the Facebook Group?Who from AG Mods the Facebook Group?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve never been a member of FB and after seeing something like this,never will be.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    See...I'm sure you explained it but I don't see the need to switch over, not one bit, even for just AG things, like you've been using it for.
    think of it this way, there are a lot of members and a good bit of information here. many may even and likely be on various groups on FB. when I searched for information on the Tornador, various FB groups...and I really don't look at each one individually mind you, turned up a lot more information. I'm sure that's not the only subject it will either. The AG FB Group has 42k members but I now belong to a series of other detailing related groups that have well over that number combined too.

I guess if forums go away I'll be screwed, let's keep them going! Case in point, the Elantra Sport forum I'm on...D E A D! A guy over there told me to come to his FB page where there's 2400 people. He explained why it's better, it didn't sink in and/or I just didn't understand. It's probably being used to forums for the past 19+ yrs that I'm set in my ways. Don't understand alot of what's going on in the world todayWho from AG Mods the Facebook Group?
    Yep. Like you, I am/was forum based. Before that, List-serve based....but then I'm dating my self right? The FB Groups for various cars are 100x more active than the forums anymore. The downside to FB is there are trolls, etc but honestly, I've not found it an issue one bit.
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I’ve never been a member of FB and after seeing something like this,never will be.
    Well, the 101 AG group isn't what this forum is that's for sure. I'm going stay a member and live with this 7 day ban and have since turned off notification and I'm quite sure I won't miss it. AG There has about 42k members, Detailing Addicts has over 72k members and that's just one group.

Post Thanks / Like

Wait, there's a moderator on the FB page?
    I used to post regularly when the page was new, but it became a typical FB page. Out of control, for the most part.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2009 Ford Fusion SEL AWD
    3.0L V6, Tein H-Tech springs, Whiteline RSB, 35% Tints, HD Lip, Magnaflow Axle Back
    2015 Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I'm glad its not just me thinking this. I cussed and got the "You wouldn't say this in front of your parents or kids" comment and you bet your ass I would say it in front of anyone lol. I agree though, it's getting very.... political on there. Its almost as if they got a new mod and they've been going crazy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast