autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an idea for a detailing product info web site

Whenever I'm researching a new product, I want to find out how well it works, and always look to see if anyone comments on about how much you use. price per ounce is pretty meaningless if I have no idea how far an ounce will go. My idea's to build a web site that runs on a database where people can submit how much they use of X product per vehicle. And if a product had multiple submissions it would show them all and at the bottom have an average. If people used it, it could grow to where we'd get a good idea how price per use. As I've learned plenty of times in the past, sometimes more expensive products are actually cheaper because of how much less you need to use. Reviews could also tie in perfectly. This is really nitchy, but maybe others could give me feedback?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I have an idea for a detailing product info web site

I'm not knocking your idea, and I get what you mean.

But reading here on AGO and asking the right people (forum members, manufacturer reps, and this guy Mike Phillips who stops by occasionally) will generally answer these questions for you.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, think about this... Let's take Black Fire One Step as the product. My new favorite 1 Step by the the way. Ok my customer brings me a silver Miata, I use the 1 Step and only use 2oz because# MiataSilver.... Another detailer, Bob gets a Black Miata in ok condition, but black. Bob uses 6oz because it is black. Then Sara gets a red Miata kind of hammered, but Sara is very skilled, and uses 8oz. Then we get Scott.... Scott is new using a Harbor Freight and 6 inch thick pads on a very hamnered blue Miata... Scott uses 14oz on a car that Sara or Bob would have only used 5oz on because they use a Flex... Do you see the variables?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    Ok, think about this... Let's take Black Fire One Step as the product. My new favorite 1 Step by the the way. Ok my customer brings me a silver Miata, I use the 1 Step and only use 2oz because# MiataSilver.... Another detailer, Bob gets a Black Miata in ok condition, but black. Bob uses 6oz because it is black. Then Sara gets a red Miata kind of hammered, but Sara is very skilled, and uses 8oz. Then we get Scott.... Scott is new using a Harbor Freight and 6 inch thick pads on a very hamnered blue Miata... Scott uses 14oz on a car that Sara or Bob would have only used 5oz on because they use a Flex... Do you see the variables?
    I certainly do, and they reflect all of the variables of everyday professional detailing.

I guess my question is this: How do you categorize the infinite variables into a dedicated/readable website?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are asking me, you can't. There are way too many variables. Machine, pad, weather, customer expectations, skill level. I know what the OP is asking, but it is not feasible.

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post