autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: hairdresser's car

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Well, this topic is a well debated one for a looooon time but the one SOLID choice is the VW Cabrio, no doubt about it. Being from Detroit it would be said something like the Miata is one of those cars but when you hear that nonsense just know your speaking to a "non-car guy", same thing with the MINI or 500, although it helps having the perf version of both....
    Exactly. Or someone who is very narrow minded in their view of the car world and doesn't understand that size and power ISN'T all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz_TCH View Post
    I have a Miata. I like it.
    I got a smile on my face every day I drive. go cart fun IMO.
    As it should be. I find them too small for me, but I have the highest regard for what they are and what they can do. At my local SCCA autocross events, it's really cool to see younger guys (early 20's) buying up older gen Miata's and then killing the entire field with nothing done to the car but set of aftermarket wheels and tires. They guys with full mods are SERIOUSLY fast around a course.

It says something that on any weekend there are more Mazda's racing in the world than any other make of car. I'd bet 99% of those are Miata's.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Anyone that feels the need to outwardly disagree needs to re-examine their status as an "adult".
    Could not be better said and applies to so many different areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Some cars appeal more to women, nothing wrong with that.
    As already mentioned by Klasse, I think the VW Cabriolet falls into this. I don't know if I've ever seen a guy driving one. I can't say the same for Beetles, Fiat 500's of any trim, etc. Either way, it really isn't that important.

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    I didn’t know it was slang for anything ? But then again I don’t have social media so I might be behind the times some
    The term started LONG before social media. I recall hearing it as far back as I can remember looking at cars which dates back to the early 80's. I heard it quite a bit "back in the day", but honestly can't say I've heard the term used in my small corner of the world for many years.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

For me it's more about economics but knowing what I know now and if I made more money, still don't think I'd be in something "worksite", maybe a Stinger GT/G70 would be more my style/wants/needshairdresser's car

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

My husband's previous car was a Saturn Sky Redline...

His motto was, "it takes a big man to drive a chick car".

2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

What’s funny is the amount of straight males becoming “hair dressers”. Good money in it.

In early 2000’s I use to work for a company called Cartoys. Pretty popular back then. I’d have this guy come in and he had a Porsche and a Viper. He did women’s hair and was raking it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    What’s funny is the amount of straight males becoming “hair dressers”. Good money in it.

In early 2000’s I use to work for a company called Cartoys. Pretty popular back then. I’d have this guy come in and he had a Porsche and a Viper. He did women’s hair and was raking it in.
    It is interesting to see how things have changed over the years.

Growing up in the 70's and 80's, I got my hair cut at a barber shop. The barbers were all guys in their 40's and 50's. The only women you ever saw in those barber shops brought their boys to get a haircut. Women always went to a beauty shop and had their haircut by a female hairdresser. The only guys you ever saw in one were reluctantly there because they were drug along by a girlfriend or wife. The unisex places in the malls like Great Clips were just starting to become a thing. This is the world where the term "hairdresser's car" was born.

Today, it's very different. You'll see people of both genders wielding scissors and cutting hair. The barber shop I go to these days doesn't have any male employees.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

That’s funny. There are only male barbers at my barber shop and they are younger guys. I guess it’s just old fashioned
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    For me, it is a derogatory term from people who are also probably just as ignorant when it comes to other social situations (that I will not name).

Car choices are like opinions. Everyone has their own.

Saying "Hairdressers car" is like telling someone that their opinion sucks and doesn't matter to you.

There are plenty of cars/trucks I find to be unappealing, but I keep that to myself. Why worry about it, or worse yet hurt someone's feelings??
    I could not have said it any better. I have a 2006 Miata MX5 GT and I enjoy driving it every time I get in it. The people who make derogatory remarks probably have never even owned one or have a clue how much fun they are. Back in the day I owned ‘55-57 Chevys, Novas, Ford Fairlanes, a 1936 Chevy, a ton of Harley’s and so much more so know what it’s like to own a variety of different vehicles. I drive what I enjoy regardless of what anyone else thinks.
    2008 Toyota Tacoma 410,000 miles and still going strong.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.