autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

View Poll Results: What color wheel?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Satin titanium

12 75.00%
  • Black

4 25.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Satin titanium or black wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by OZD 35 View Post
    Sure did! Stock wheels are 29 lbs each. New ones are 18.1 lbs each. New lug nuts are titanium weighing in at 15.5 oz for all 20 compared to 3 lbs for all 20 of the stock lug nuts. Car definitely feels lighter on its feet!
    11 LBS...WOW! That is a BIG difference across the board, steering and braking being the most important and to a lesser degree, accelerating! Then there's the looks department, not even close! My buddy Hectour, Kevin and I were at a cars and coffee this summer and saw a bunch of Type-R's together and they had 18's, 19's and 20's and without a doubt the 18's looked the best in our opinion. I'm not sure what sure what the thought process was behind putting such a heavy wheel on a perf hot hatch, not to mention and exhaust system that sounds like something coming out of a Hoover but that's pretty easily fixed, ofcoarse!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    11 LBS...WOW! That is a BIG difference across the board, steering and braking being the most important and to a lesser degree, accelerating! Then there's the looks department, not even close! My buddy Hectour, Kevin and I were at a cars and coffee this summer and saw a bunch of Type-R's together and they had 18's, 19's and 20's and without a doubt the 18's looked the best in our opinion. I'm not sure what sure what the thought process was behind putting such a heavy wheel on a perf hot hatch, not to mention and exhaust system that sounds like something coming out of a Hoover but that's pretty easily fixed, ofcoarse!
    Yeah, definitely a huge difference in all aspects! Honda’s decision to go with 20’s on the Type R was purely marketing. That’s the trend with a lot of manufacturers... big/fashion wheels. What’s funny is if Honda went with 18’s from the get go, people would most likely go with bigger wheels lol.

Post Thanks / Like

My buddy has a Veloster N and he's stepping down from a 19" to an 18", wait till you see the rims tooSatin titanium or black wheels?Satin titanium or black wheels?Satin titanium or black wheels?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OZD 35 View Post
    Yeah, definitely a huge difference in all aspects! Honda’s decision to go with 20’s on the Type R was purely marketing. That’s the trend with a lot of manufacturers... big/fashion wheels. What’s funny is if Honda went with 18’s from the get go, people would most likely go with bigger wheels lol.
    I'd love to see if someone would be able to take a car like that and put it on a road course or a skid pad to do some testing. I'd bet the car would be faster on the 18's. It's been a while, but I read an article about wheel sizes and they did some testing and found the sweet spot of wheel sizes was around 18". Smaller and you had too much sidewall flex. Larger, things got heavier and didn't improve the handling at all.

My buddy has a Veloster N and he's stepping down from a 19" to an 18", wait till you see the rims tooSatin titanium or black wheels?Satin titanium or black wheels?Satin titanium or black wheels?

It's fortunate they can down size like that. There are a number of cars now, like mine, when you get the performance option brakes they are so large you can't go to a smaller wheel. I currently run 19" and would love to drop to 18" but really can't. Other than one specific OEM wheel, there are very few after market wheels which have the right offset and barrel shape to clear the brakes.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

5. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"They have to be Gloss black otherwise they look dirty all the time", cleaning gloss black wheels is a nightmare, shows everything...not just dirt and brake dust but swirls, so why in the world would you ever HAVE TO HAVE Gloss black wheelsSatin titanium or black wheels?Satin titanium or black wheels?

Personal preference I guess. Matte black wheels came on my Camaro GM ended up replacing. Drove that car 2000 miles and the wheels always looked dirty. My gloss black wheels are going on 4 years and still look incredible.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I was one of those 13” reverse guys. Couldn’t stand the lifted on 24 cars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just saw this post. What kind of car did you have the 13” on? I was just talking to someone the other day about how the fad with lifted Crown Vics, Grand Marquis, etc. is dying off. Still see some ridiculous figments. I can’t stand the off road trucks with 24 or 26” wheels. Just doesn’t look right to me.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

I personally had 14’s on a Honda Accord 1990. Lowered too sittin on the ground. Friends in the crew had 13’s on his Hyundai excel and another on his Mitsubishi Eclipse.

Those were the days

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I personally had 14’s on a Honda Accord 1990. Lowered too sittin on the ground. Friends in the crew had 13’s on his Hyundai excel and another on his Mitsubishi Eclipse.

Those were the days

I had 195/75/15's on the front of my 78' Caprice Classic and 295/60/15's on the rear, Hoosier Quick Times, THOSE were the days =======

10. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234