autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Extremely Soiled 2003 Chevy Malibu Interior Clean

I put a video together of a recent interior detail we did on a very dirty/smelly 2003 Chevy Malibu.
    Thought some of you guys may enjoy it.
    I know its far from a perfect video , but it's a start!

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Extremely Soiled 2003 Chevy Malibu Interior Clean

wow that's disgusting

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, i hope you take this as intended.

For your benefit and your business, ditch the APC's and get some professional chems. You can go on truckmountforums or mikeysboard.com and get some good info on how professional carpet cleaners do it. You're working too hard for less than satisfactory results.

I'm not a carpet cleaner. But I've used Vacaway Hot Knife or Prochem Ultrapac Extreme to knock crap like that out. The right chems diluted with distilled water and applied @180-190 degrees with a sprayer like you used and then agitated with a brush will put an APC to shame.

Have something that's not a rat nasty. You can play it a lot safer and still get better results with one of the greener products like Procyon Extreme. Just remember distilled water and apply it hot.

I hope this helps you.

Oh, one more thing. Product suppliers like JonDon (or you can contact some of the manufactures directly - like Vacaway) sell spotter kits. With the kit you get access to lists of stains and the proper type of chem to remove it.

Post Thanks / Like

About the steering wheel. There was a post on this forum a couple years or so back where a guy put something on a steering wheel like that and claimed to have had good results sealing it up. At least one other person replied that they had done the same. Maybe if this thread stays active, someone will come on who remembers/knows what product it was. It could have been Klasse sealant. I'm not sure. Maybe one of the coatings would work well there???

The plastic that wasn't wearing well. Sometimes you can use the protectant to bring it back and even get it cleaner. I've had good luck doing that with Optimum's Protectant. But you kind of need time to reapply and microfiber scrub 2-3 times. Kind of hard to do if it's only a one and done with no maintenance. ONR will tend to do the same over time. But it would take a while and I think you would have better quick results with the protectant first a couple times.

You can also kick the performance of the ONR up fairly safely with a little Power Clean added in. I do that to Opticlean to get a better clean. So far, it's worked great for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    Ok, i hope you take this as intended.

For your benefit and your business, ditch the APC's and get some professional chems. You can go on truckmountforums or mikeysboard.com and get some good info on how professional carpet cleaners do it. You're working too hard for less than satisfactory results.

I'm not a carpet cleaner. But I've used Vacaway Hot Knife or Prochem Ultrapac Extreme to knock crap like that out. The right chems diluted with distilled water and applied @180-190 degrees with a sprayer like you used and then agitated with a brush will put an APC to shame.

Have something that's not a rat nasty. You can play it a lot safer and still get better results with one of the greener products like Procyon Extreme. Just remember distilled water and apply it hot.

I hope this helps you.

Oh, one more thing. Product suppliers like JonDon (or you can contact some of the manufactures directly - like Vacaway) sell spotter kits. With the kit you get access to lists of stains and the proper type of chem to remove it.

Thank you for the feedback! I'll definitely look into those.
    Procyon Extreme looks like a great option to try.

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly the steering wheel was far from repair or bringing back to life. The current owner is going to get a steering wheel cover and call it a day.

Thanks for the ONR tip!
    I tend to use ONR more on older / UV damaged interiors or if I have to work in direct sunlight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bill walsh View Post
    wow that's disgusting
    Agree , lol