autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New mid engine Corvette. July 18th.

I’m really impressed with the design as a whole. For $60k and the performance this car is going to sell very well.

Yeah, the steering wheel and button stack aren’t great, but at least the rear looks better when shown on the car. The profile shots look so different with the new proportions, I like the change.

I cannot wait for the high performance engine to be released too. I hope there will be a hybrid hypercar version. If $130k ZR1’s are selling. I can imagine $150k C8 with 900-1000hp will sell very well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Yes...The C8 Corvette has been
    globally-certified; ie: to include
    right hand drive variants; and those
    pesky Euro pedestrian “crush zones”.

The Wife really likes it, and is ready to
    order a convertible version...as soon as
    they’re available! I just may have to go
    along with this notion. LOL!

Bo

Well Bob, you know what they say - Happy Wife, umm . . . Happy Bob???

Interested to see what they’re priced at down here too. The Camaro 2SS is $104,990 NZ & hasn’t sold well at that. A new Mustang is $80,990 NZ, a Bullitt Mustang is $114,990 & an RS3 Mustang is at $141,720 NZ. Not that I can compare because I haven’t driven either to any great extent . . . Maybe the Camaro is $24,000 better.

Converted - $60,000 US at the moment is $88,563 NZ. The Corvette will sell well at that.

Soooo, what colour are you ordering Bob???

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

The saying "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" really applies to THIS car! I'll say this, it has a beautiful starting priceNew mid engine Corvette. July 18th.New mid engine Corvette. July 18th.

I stayed up and watched the entire thing, this is after working an 11 hour day yesterday and getting off of work @ 7:30 p.m. I knew the renderings were going to be close and they really were. Here's a couple observations, some might call them RANTS:

-60 years in the making and that's the best you can do, not a single aspect of the car blows away its competition from a looks perspective....IMO, ofcoarse.

it's an entirely new platform, yet you bring back the Stingray name, its NOT a Stingray.

-again, completely new design yet you bring a similar tailight design from the previous car, as well as one that's somewhat similar to the soon to be killed off Camaro and Blazer SUV. The rear of this car is just frumpy!

I know what your sayin', "Rog, wait till you see it inperson", well, I saw a ton of pics of the Supra and when I saw it at the Chicago Auto Show this past winter I STILL didn't like it. OBE1 isn't going to wave his hands infront of me and convince me otherwise. In closing I say this, to those that like what they see, good for you, those who are either trading up and/or adding to the stable, good for you and I hope they sell well. As a fan with empty pockets I'm on the sidelines anyways but I just can't cheer for this version of the icon, sorryNew mid engine Corvette. July 18th.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    The saying "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" really applies to THIS car! I'll say this, it has a beautiful starting priceNew mid engine Corvette. July 18th.New mid engine Corvette. July 18th.

RANTS:

-60 years in the making and that's the best you can do, not a single aspect of the car blows away its competition from a looks perspective....IMO, ofcoarse.

-again, completely new design yet you bring a similar tailight design from the previous car, as well as one that's somewhat similar to the soon to be killed off Camaro and Blazer SUV. The rear of this car is just frumpy!
    I'm with you on this one. The C7 design was a fairly big departure from the C6 design and I was hoping since this is a totally new animal, mechanically and platform-wise, the design would be a radical departure as well. Instead we get a mixed bag. This car should have a been a total departure from anything they have done before and seperated itself from all of the standard family Chevy design themes, which quite frankly, are pretty dull and have no place on a world-class sports car.

I don't mind the front and side view. They look pretty good, but I was hoping for better. The back end is where I think GM really dropped the ball in design. I really like the rear view of the C7 and I'm one of those heathens who liked it's tail light design. Round tail lights never did anything for me. This new rear design is a huge step backwards. You're right, it looks like they simply grabbed the drawings from a current gen Camaro and squashed it. I think this is a standard GM theme these days. They will spend time designing the front and sides, but give up on the rear and simply, "phone it in". I've noticed this on the Camaro, Malibu, Impala, and one of the worst offenders these days, the new Trailblazer.

I'm not really excited by the interior either. I like the new steering wheel, but nothing else is revolutionary. They are just now catching up with cars which have been on the market for a while. I just hope the materials quality continues to improve.

Thank goodness it's said to be really fast.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty impressed. Especially with the sticker starting at under $60k. Wish they could have kept the center exhaust but I get it. Biggest eyebrow for me is the odd center button pillar thing. what is that and why?
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

7. Thanks FUNX650 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belo View Post
    Biggest eyebrow for me is the odd center button pillar thing. what is that and why?
    I'm with you there. I don't get that at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    not a single aspect of the car blows away its competition from a looks perspective....IMO, ofcoarse.
    this is an interesting comment and begs the question. What is it's competition? From a performance perspective, nothing under $80k is really getting close to it. The muscle/sports cars around $60k are pretty beefy 4 seaters like the camaro, mustang, challenger, charger. The European competitors that could compete for this cost like the m3 are all well over $60k. The 2 seater super cars outshine and outclass it, but they're well over $100k.

So yeah, if you're not including the cost I think it's easy to say it's a little ho hum sitting next to a 911... but how can you not consider the price tag. It's so substantial that it needs to be factored in when talking competition.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT

Post Thanks / Like

2009 Pontiac G8GT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    Well Bob, you know what they say -
    Happy Wife, umm . . . Happy Bob???

Soooo, what colour are you ordering Bob???

Aaryn NZ.
    Waiting to see what all the different colors look
    like up close and personal...on the convertible.

{May just have to go “Orange” again.}

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

12. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belo View Post
    this is an interesting comment and begs the question. What is it's competition? From a performance perspective, nothing under $80k is really getting close to it. The muscle/sports cars around $60k are pretty beefy 4 seaters like the camaro, mustang, challenger, charger. The European competitors that could compete for this cost like the m3 are all well over $60k. The 2 seater super cars outshine and outclass it, but they're well over $100k.

So yeah, if you're not including the cost I think it's easy to say it's a little ho hum sitting next to a 911... but how can you not consider the price tag. It's so substantial that it needs to be factored in when talking competition.
    I don't know if I'd agree with you regarding the Mustang and Camero seating four people. I recently test drove a Mustang, and even at being only 5'9" and using a pretty upright seating position, I couldn't get a passenger into the back seat behind me. The Camero's back seat area is even smaller.

I think the closest competition is the Cayman in the $70K-ish sports car market despite it being a different approach to the sports car. The Vette has significantly more power and is a bigger, more raw experience while the Cayman will be the lighter more nimble and refinded experience. The lack of power is made up slightly with less weight.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast