autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

gripaddict Thanks for the dislikes lol. Grow up and follow the rules of the forum

I don't normally do this but there is always an exception. It seems you are still upset because I originally called you out for constantly starting a new thread. It is not necessary to continually do so. One thread and move on. All you are doing is promoting your youtube channel to garner views. You have already been warned by the folks at Atutogeek for not following the forum rules and your previous threads have been deleted. Continue with this same behavior and your stay here will be short lived. Take my advice and become a contributing member of the forum rather than constantly spamming your channel for views.

By the way it's pretty hilarious and childish to dislike my threads. It does not bother me one bit. As a matter of fact I expect a dislike for this thread lol.

The mods can lock this thread at any time.

2. Thanks Cruzscarwash, PaulMys, Jim w thanked for this post
    Dislikes gripaddict disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: gripaddict Thanks for the dislikes lol. Grow up and follow the rules of the forum

Didn’t even know dislikes were a thing.... don’t see a button.... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes The Guz, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: gripaddict Thanks for the dislikes lol. Grow up and follow the rules of the forum

Never seen this guys threads anyway Guzgripaddict Thanks for the dislikes lol.  Grow up and follow the rules of the forum

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t seen him either, and didn’t find via half-effort search.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO this dislike button shouldn’t even exist. Or they should change the function to close the current tab when someone clicks dislike. If anybody doesn’t like something, move on. No point offending others.
    Bruno Soares

8. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    IMO this dislike button shouldn’t even exist. Or they should change the function to close the current tab when someone clicks dislike. If anybody doesn’t like something, move on. No point offending others.
    I dont like that Idea. People should be able to debate respectfully if they have difrent opinions. That's how you learn diffrent things.

Mike Phillips

Just to chime in,

I don't pay much attention to likes and dislikes or "thanks" for posts. Of course it's nice to know others like your contributions.

A quick check of my stats shows,

Thanks (Given): 39
    Thanks (Received): 1700
    Likes (Given):78
    Likes (Received): 4887
    Dislikes (Given): 0
    Dislikes (Received): 12

I rarely "Like" or "Thank" others for their posts, not because I don't appreciate them, in part, my brain doesn't think like that, (to give a like or a thanks), and in part I can't keep up with my normal job duties as it is so now days EVERYTING is something or something extra.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

All you are doing is promoting your youtube channel to garner views.

This has been trend, a slow trend but it will probably get worse before it gets better as anyone and their brother with a cell phone can now be an expert on YouTube.

We've had a few others join for the sole reason to spam our forum with their YouTube videos to drive traffic to their YouTube channel. IF you look at their posting history, you don't actually find a history of them joining to interact on this forum, but instead joining to simply have another social media platform to spread their videos to send traffic to their channel to hopefully, grow their channel.

That's not really what this forum is for, that is a conduit to get traffic. It's to come and either get help by asking questions, or offer help by answering questions.

Currently there is not a specific forum rule against spamming this forum with videos with the intention to send traffic to one's YouTube Channel. But forum rules should be LIQUID - that is they should be able to evolve with the changing times to stay current with trends, be they good or bad.

When I started working for Autogeek, there were no real forum rules. There was a paragraph that asked everyone to be nice and this worked for most people. But over time, a few forum bullies embedded themselves here and after about of year of putting up with their negative and demeaning posts to everyone, we adopted and modified the forum rules I wrote for MOL.

Car Wax History

12. Likes BadRims, PM5C liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I vote to add a rule that states no YouTube spamming. This forum is for gaining knowledge and contributing knowledge about detailing, not growing someone’s channel. The rules should indeed be liquid and here’s an example of them needing to be.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Idk who watches some random nobodies YouTube videos anyway. I wouldn't, If I watch a YouTube video it's going to be from someone who is an expert in thier field. I'll watch Mike, Emeril Lagasse, Mike Tyson ect ect..

I'm not going to watch someone who doesn't know what they're doing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast