autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New mid engine Corvette. July 18th.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I wish someone who doesn't get the whole stick thing to get behind the wheel or my old Abarth and then something like a 67' Firbird with a 400 4 spdNew mid engine Corvette. July 18th.New mid engine Corvette. July 18th.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    you're cherry picking. I would challenge you equally to drive that 67 firebird daily on your commute in stop and go traffic, rain and shine, groggy morning and tired evenings. Your example is exactly why sticks are fun and people love them and also why they're not being made anymore.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belo View Post
    you're cherry picking. I would challenge you equally to drive that 67 firebird daily on your commute in stop and go traffic, rain and shine, groggy morning and tired evenings. Your example is exactly why sticks are fun and people love them and also why they're not being made anymore.
    Well, people did use those type of cars as DD to get around, guess people were made different back thenNew mid engine Corvette. July 18th.

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got my mustang kinda the same way Klasse did. Anyone with a used convertible manual was offering 4K less than where I traded it in. It was lifted 5” with wheels and tires and other goodies and the specialized in that stuff. Wasn’t gonna give up 4K for a manual.

I do love the drive of a manual and the convenience of an auto.... maybe one day both in the garage...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Of course people are different. The whole world is different. Thank Hod cars aren't like that today. Yeah they were fun and definitely look better than most modern cars, but they drove like ####, handled even worse got 5 MPG and so on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Of course people are different. The whole world is different. Thank Hod cars aren't like that today. Yeah they were fun and definitely look better than most modern cars, but they drove like ####, handled even worse got 5 MPG and so on.
    Agreed, it's just too bad choice has been removed from the landscape when it comes to sports cars. I looked forward to getting into my Abarth everyday for over 5 years, too bad I couldn't find a 6 spd ESNew mid engine Corvette. July 18th. That said, I'm liking the DCT more and more but can't wait to drive another manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, it's just too bad choice has been removed from the landscape when it comes to sports cars. I looked forward to getting into my Abarth everyday for over 5 years, too bad I couldn't find a 6 spd ESNew mid engine Corvette. July 18th. That said, I'm liking the DCT more and more but can't wait to drive another manual!

You dont need to drive the Veloster when you come down cause you will regret not buying one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    I do not understand why automakers are moving away from manual transmissions. When the C7 came out, the automatic transmissions were full of issues and the manual transmissions did just fine.

I understand they are quicker, but it is up to the consumer if those 0.2 secs are worth it or not. I'd kill to have a manual car, but unfortunately they are becoming rarer and rarer.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I think it's simply a matter of numbers. Car makers sell very little manual transmission cars compared to automatics. I saw the numbers last year, don't quote me on specifics but in the USA it was something like 95% of the car sold were automatic... so with almost no demand, they can't justify the cost of having completelly separate builds for eash of their models. In Europe it is completelly different, it's close to 50% of the cars being sold with manual transmissions over there. Here in Canada, if I remembers it was like 18% of the cars being sold that were manual... so... much better than the US but still a very small part of the market.

Also the tendency is going toward automatics with percentage of manual transmission cars getting lower every year.

Anyway, in a few years Electric Cars will take over and they don't use a transmission.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNcoupe View Post
    You dont need to drive the Veloster when you come down cause you will regret not buying one.
    Couldn't afford that right now, maybe in a couple yearsNew mid engine Corvette. July 18th.New mid engine Corvette. July 18th.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't disagree with that. More options would be nice BUT financially it doesn't make sense for the car companies anymore.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNcoupe View Post
    I had a Veloster turbo manual as a rental when my Soul was in for maintenance, I fell in love. It is a great driving car and fun!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

12. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast