autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New mid engine Corvette. July 18th.

Problem is with manuals..... no one buys them. Well not enough to matter. If we did automakers would make them in droves. To expensive to redevelop and have separate assembly lines to install for the few thousands they might sell.

No demand.....no supply....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    It is sad. Everyone should be able to drive a stick. Both of my boys will if I can find a manual 13 years from now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Lucky if you’ll be able to find a car they can manually steer by then....New mid engine Corvette. July 18th.New mid engine Corvette. July 18th.New mid engine Corvette. July 18th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I know how much better the autos are today but 3 pedals are 3 pedals, it's great to do it yourself, it's not always about performanceNew mid engine Corvette. July 18th.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes WaxMaster1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure which hair band sings the song, Tesla maybe (how ironic) but "Don't know what you've got till its gone'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I know how much better the autos are today but 3 pedals are 3 pedals, it's great to do it yourself, it's not always about performanceNew mid engine Corvette. July 18th.

It is all about performance though.

7. Likes bfielder32087 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand the appeal of a stick, but don't understand the love affair. Yes it's more of a drivers car, but it's inconvenient. With the exception of the track car, most people are driving to get somewhere. And maybe they want to drink their coffee in the morning while doing so. So for a long time the argument was that the stick was faster and now that's not true. Many auto's can be put in manual mode and the paddle shifter option used if you really desire it.

Personally, i can drive stick but don't own one. And when I want to really get out and become one with the road I take the crotch rocket and shift away
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Problem is with manuals..... no one buys them. Well not enough to matter. If we did automakers would make them in droves. To expensive to redevelop and have separate assembly lines to install for the few thousands they might sell.

No demand.....no supply....
    Very good points, but another hurdle and one that is sometimes harder and more expensive is the EPA certification of the car. An automaker has to pay to have each unique engine/transmission combination certified. By offering both an auto/dual clutch and a manual transmission version of each car they essentially double their certification costs for what is potentially a very low take rate.

Performance cars from major manufacturers are typically very low profit margin vehicles. Every penny counts.

So very true. I never really appreciated the performance improvement until I recently drove an M2 with the DCT. It was very easy to drive hard any shift with my fingertips on the paddles vs having to take a hand off the wheel and row a shift lever and it was obviously far faster than I could ever shift. The whole process seemed really natural.

All that said. When I'm driving down a twisty, remote, back road somewhere, it is all about the experience and all I want is that physical connection to what the car is doing.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure which hair band sings the song, Tesla maybe (how ironic) but "Don't know what you've got till its gone'.

Cinderella.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

11. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belo View Post
    I understand the appeal of a stick, but don't understand the love affair. Yes it's more of a drivers car, but it's inconvenient. With the exception of the track car, most people are driving to get somewhere. And maybe they want to drink their coffee in the morning while doing so. So for a long time the argument was that the stick was faster and now that's not true. Many auto's can be put in manual mode and the paddle shifter option used if you really desire it.

Personally, i can drive stick but don't own one. And when I want to really get out and become one with the road I take the crotch rocket and shift away
    I think it comes down to perspective and what people enjoy. I personally don't find shifting inconvenient and actually enjoy every moment behind the wheel whether I'm making a short run to the store, driving to work in the morning, or blasting down a deserted road. Days I get to spend doing autocross or a track day are simply icing on the cake. Every moment offers an opportunity to enjoy the simple act of driving. I'll sometimes take the long way or just a different route to experience something new. Rowing my own gears is a part of the experience.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I wish someone who doesn't get the whole stick thing to get behind the wheel or my old Abarth and then something like a 67' Firbird with a 400 4 spdNew mid engine Corvette. July 18th.New mid engine Corvette. July 18th.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast