autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

2019 Silverado 6500--New Paint is Dirty

Hi folks. A lot of you all know this but one of the things I remember reading from Mike Phillips is that even clean paint can be dirty. Road grime, etc. Something along those lines.

I took that and try to explain that to folks in my area. Well, today I used this example. We are almost finished with this 6500 truck and its brand new. Like zero miles. After the decontamination and clay and wash... we polished. Just M210 and a LC white pad.

Clean enough for most folks but this illustrates exactly what Mike was saying. Even new clean paint can still be dirty. After the polish check out the dirty pad. Lol.

This is what we try to use at times to differentiate our work from the 'detailer down the road' kind of thing... IDK. Thought it was a good analogy.

Thanks and here's a few pics so far

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Likes SWETM, astro, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 Silverado 6500--New Paint is Dirty

Yeah that would do the trick to get some to notice what a properly detail does on even a new paint. Manufacture plants are dirty and in this case I think the truck bed is manufactured and put together somewhere else. Where it's able to be accumulate more dirt during transportation.

But some don't just believe it before seeing it with their own eyes and I mean be there with you. Even if you have pictures and videos to kind of proof it they still don't believe it if they are not there. But these pictures makes it to show how it can be looking. It can be difference in the amount of dirt build up between manufactures too. But a new car prep with at least a finishing polish is always a benefit and gets the prep work done since doing it.

This white truck did show how bad it can be and great to taking pictures of it to show the customer or potential customer how it can be looking even on a new vehical.

Great work

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 Silverado 6500--New Paint is Dirty

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Yeah that would do the trick to get some to notice what a properly detail does on even a new paint. Manufacture plants are dirty and in this case I think the truck bed is manufactured and put together somewhere else. Where it's able to be accumulate more dirt during transportation.

But some don't just believe it before seeing it with their own eyes and I mean be there with you. Even if you have pictures and videos to kind of proof it they still don't believe it if they are not there. But these pictures makes it to show how it can be looking. It can be difference in the amount of dirt build up between manufactures too. But a new car prep with at least a finishing polish is always a benefit and gets the prep work done since doing it.

This white truck did show how bad it can be and great to taking pictures of it to show the customer or potential customer how it can be looking even on a new vehical.

Great work

/ Tony
    Well put. Thanks Tony.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app

5. Likes SWETM liked this post