autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum Spammers

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Forum Spammers

Thank you for providing this great forum. Your efforts are truly appreciated!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I work for social security. We will never call you SSA or any other agency will use the post office to send letters. There is one exception to this rule if you applied online on our website SSA.gov for retirement or Medicare you can be called within 30 days of applying online we are making sure it you and it is part of the way we avoid fraud ourselves. To avoid the nightmare of identity thieft and I mean nightmare. Don’t kid yourself you will spend a large portion of your remaining life attempting to make sure accounts aren’t opened in your name, battling credit and financial institutions attempting to convince them it wasn’t you that bought 10 IPhone X’s in Miami. You will dealing with never ending hassle.

If you applied online and you are contact by someone claiming to be from SSA you may ask the agent to provide the date you applied online to know you are on a secure connection. Do not trust your caller ID either there is a way that your caller ID can be manipulated to show up as a Police Department, SSA, IRS and even Mike Phillips

Detailing is hard work I doubt there are many 65 year olds doing a two step you should sit down with your grandparents and parents and have this discussion so they are aware of these scams.

Elderly people have been scammed out of large sums by these same scam outfits that pretend to be Microsoft or Apple or Mcafree. They contact by phone or email and convince the elderly that there computer has issue they gain access by allowing the scammer to remotely asscess their computer laptop or tablet. All you password banking info is quickly download they then drain all you savings and checking accounts. Most I’ve seen taken is over $120,000 that was done so professionally (hard to explain), that the money that was gone was considered a legal transaction (to hard to explain) just life changing for that family and there up coming generations it was life altering for that poor family. These people are not a billy bob from West Virginia that professionals that make a living doing this.

3. Thanks BillE thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, BillE, Belo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually had one (a few years ago, I do not answer my phone for any unknown number now) that claimed to be from SS.

They told me my SS # had to be changed because "SS lost all of their data" and needed to assign new numbers.

Mind you, the voice on the other side of the line was a DEEP India accent.

When I was laughing and toying with him, he started to threaten me with arrest that very night.

Not really "threatening" because it was obvious he was reading a script.

I will not elaborate on my entire conversation, because AGO is a family-friendly site.

But let's just say there is one citizen in India that had to go therapy for a few weeks..............
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Mind you, the voice on the other side of the line was a DEEP India accent. When I was laughing and toying with him, he started to threaten me with arrest that very night. Not really "threatening" because it was obvious he was reading a script. I will not elaborate on my entire conversation, because AGO is a family-friendly site.
    But let's just say there is one citizen in India that had to go therapy for a few weeks..............
    LOL. You're not alone. I do the same but usually they are Middle Eastern Sounding. I don't go crazy like a buddy of mine does on his tirades with them but I do have fun. The room of scammers probably just hate us Americans even more because of our responses. LOL!
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    LOL. You're not alone. I do the same but usually they are Middle Eastern Sounding. I don't go crazy like a buddy of mine does on his tirades with them but I do have fun. The room of scammers probably just hate us Americans even more because of our responses. LOL!
    Lol, I agree!

I just have to post one little blurb from my call..........

As I was getting him more & more agitated (after he threatened my arrest), I yelled out "Oh Crap! the police ARE here!!"

His response was: "See? I told you!!" Lmao.

Post Thanks / Like

I know we've gone off script here (off topic), being of the senior age group I can attest to the number of 'crank' fone calls.

The worse thing is each and every night there is sumthin' on the evening news about 'seniors' being scammed. A lot of older folks seem just too trusting and makes them an easy target. Really makes me mad to be honest.

Bill
    In dog beers, I've only had one.

Post Thanks / Like

it would be nice if there were less a$$holes in the world... clicking how many stop signs i see in this picture and verifying through a text that it's really me signing in or trying to read some crazy cursive/type letters to verify I'm human has really gotten old. It's to the point where I actively wonder if certain charities are really using my money for good and what not. Can't we all just be nice to each other?
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

10. Likes Mrproduce, BillE liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Here's a text book example of a spammer....

Best Rotary

I approved their account yesterday. I ran their e-mail, forum nickname and IP address through Skynet and came up with nothing that showed they were a known spammer. The info they filled in at the bottom of the forum registration page totally looked like a spam account but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt - so I approved their account.

Then I come in this morning and find they have made three posts. Usually a new spammer will try to make a few posts to show they are part of the gang, people like us. Then they start slipping in their spam.

Best Rotary

New LED lights.

Then this one they spam us

Best Rotary

And at the bottom of they page they linked to is this common thread among a lot of spammers now days.

Copyright © 2019. All Right Reserved FinalScope.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

People trying to make money without actually working.

Sad....

12. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow is right, Mike.

I guess these creeps get away with it more on other sites.

Keep up the Spam killing, although I know you must have better things to do. :/

Post Thanks / Like

I think people in countries likes India have a lot of free time on their hands. I get at least 5 or 6 emails per week from there to optimize my website or some other crap. Then when you get sms messages saying: I am mr. Powell, do you do car washing and auto detailing? Very likelly comes from there too. And finaly if you search youtube for scammers, you will get tons of videos from people trapping pakistani/indian scammers trying to rip them off. The Indian government is not interested in doing anything about it, very likelly because these guys bring in money in their country. Many youtubers have contacted the police in India after locating the scammers and nothing was done.

Keep up the good work and kick those scum off the site. So many ways to do legitimate business. Why they choose to try to steal from people is beyond me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12