autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

AutoGeek's Shampoos

If you have not had the chance to try some of Pinnacle's, Wolfgang's, BlackFire's shampoos, I would recommend giving them a shot. I know some might immediately look for the best bang for the buck and start calculating cost per ounce, but looks/numbers can be decieving at first if you don't look close enough. Half an ounce per wash, per Pinnacle's instruction's, is pretty good. If I had to pick which product doesn't get enough love, or get talked about enough on these forums what would it be?

I would choose PBMG's Soaps/Shampoos, specifically, Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo. It's gentle, yet effective and has just enough bubbles to confirm lubricity (if you are one of those that has to see bubbles to wash safely & I used to be in that crowd), and rinses insanely easy & quick, don't need to use a lot, and smells like a high quality product.
    While other brand's soaps get talked about a lot more here, as a trend, generally I've noticed that those soaps are harder to rinse, especially some, require more per gallon of water, and are more prone to leaving water spots even though spots are caused by water & not the soap. Currently, I'm using-up another brand's soap that came in a gallon and I'm suprised how quickly I am going through it, and I realize it's because I am needing to use so much soap per wash.

Last summer, I purchased more soaps/shampoos than any man should buy which gave me an excellent chance to compare who is who & what's what. PBMG's soaps deserve to be called shampoos. Not all soaps are shampoos in my eyes. I see shampoos as on a higher level; a higher user-experience level that provides benefits you weren't even expecting. One of my favorite unexpected benefits is the amount of water & time that I save on the rinse.

I bought these bottles with my own money & wanted to pass along what excellent shampoos they are to those who have passed on them for reasons that I may have addressed. I passed on them for a long time, but eventually gave them a shot, and am glad that I did.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

2. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AutoGeek's Shampoos

All the reasons I love Hyper Shampoo, especially at a 1/3 of the price of Pinnacle. I'm not one to buy cheap but I draw lines in the sand when we talk $50 a gallon for soap

4. Likes JRP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Two very different soaps, but use what makes you happy.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    I would choose PBMG's Soaps/Shampoos,
    specifically, Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    ...I love Hyper Shampoo...

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    Two very different soaps...
    I’m curious as to what made you conclude
    that these two car-wash products are so
    very different from one another. TIA.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I've used some of them via samples: Wolfgang, Blackfire, & Pinnacle. They're nice - but so are a lot of others out there at a fraction of the price: Duragloss, Optimum, Poorboys, & Chemical Guys. TBH, I really only use rinseless products these days. They work better & are faster regardless what method you are using to wash your car.

8. Likes PaulMys, Finick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I do like the PBMG soaps, and use them because I have them. I don’t have Hyperwash. They are expensive but they do work very well, compared to some cheaper options I have (but again, I don’t have the most talked about cheaper options). Nonetheless, for what the OP is trying to say, and leaving comparison costs out of it, I agree they are good shampoos.

10. Likes expdetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    IÂ’m curious as to what made you conclude
    that these two car-wash products are so
    very different from one another. TIA.

Bob
    Sure thing Bob,

The differences that I see are lubricity, ease of rinsing, water spotting, sudsing & texture.
    The Hyperwash seems to try and offer the best bang for the buck product. Now, I am no chemist, so all I can refer to is characteristics. Hyperwash's lubricity, according to my experience, is below Pinnacle's. Hyperwash's rinsing ease is far below Pinnacle's, and Hyperwash is overflowing with suds, whereas Pinnacle's shampoo doesn't foam-up near as much. I like not having an over abundance of suds. I feel they require more rinsing, or at least the chemical that creates them may be difficult to rinse.
    With Pinnacle's shampoo, I notice less water spotting. I'm a big fan of that.
    Some have complained of Hyperwash's texture, saying it leaves behind an unwanted characteristic on wash media if it's not rinsed soon after a wash.
    I hope that explains my perspective a bit.
    I'm trying to encourage people to try these shampoos because cost per ounce seems to be king quite often, and I think that equation can hold us back from trying some really great products that we may have wished we could have tried sooner.
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

12. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

@expdetailing:

Thanks for taking the time to answer my
    recent inquiry; your candor is appreciated.

Also:
    Your encouragement/recommendation
    will be taken into consideration.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

14. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

While it may be an excellent shampoo, Pinnacle is way too expensive for me. Even though it does not seem to get a lot of love, I really like Jay Lenos Garage Vehicle Wash. Foams nice, good lubricity and rinses clean...although they could tone down the cherry scent a little

Post Thanks / Like

After I tried the WAX SHOP cherry foam soap, that was it for me! In the foam gun nothing comes close to the amount of foam produced. Same in the bucket. But foam does not make a good soap. The lubricity and cleaning ability are 10/10.

Wax Shop Cherry Snow Foam Car Wash 128 oz.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

17. Likes The Wax Shop liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast