autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which do you prefer: iOS or Android?

I went from BB to Windows Mobile to Android (way back when) to iPhone 4 and 4s and back to Android after the jailbreaks became a big hassle.

So glad I did. iOS is like a kids toy. Can't anything but basic tasks. Custom keyboards just came out for crying out loud.

And don't get me started on that POS iTunes and how you can't put music on an iPhone without it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yakky View Post

And don't get me started on that POS iTunes and how you can't put music on an iPhone without it.
    Yep, I have to admit this is a problem. I still can’t get any music on my phone. I hate iTunes!
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Android S10+
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

i had an iphone 6s for the past two years up until two months ago and it was a solid phone (got to give it back to my buddy). unlike android, you don't really have to worry about pop-up advertisements and being frozen on a site/address (screen) as much (that could lead to potential viruses) and it just keeps going. guess what, it's made in china (with some parts as well) and it goes to show you not all things made there are junk (some need to get that mind frame out of their head). now i have the samsung s10 and it's in a completely new league. i have always been an android user and only tried the iphone because my buddy insisted and i don't regret it, it performed fantastically...

5. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't even have a "cell" or smart phone until 2015.

I hate to be instantly connected to people, but like my Cro-Magnon ancestors who resisted credit cards back in the early 70's, I had to eventually meld into the way the world works.

That being said, I now have an iPhone7.

I only use it to text my wife, people at my job for work purposes, one or two actual phone calls a month (always HATED talking on a phone), and to take the occasional picture.

So, I guess I use about 2% of what the phone is capable of, and that is fine with me.

Any time I can leave that damn Phone in the house and go outside to tinker around in my shed working on equipment, or working in the yard is heavenly to me.

(Snaps out of it......Lol) I guess what I'm saying is I don't have an opinion.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

7. Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ios here.

Post Thanks / Like

Which do you prefer: iOS or Android?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I need an Android phone the size of the Galaxy S4 since I carry it in my right front pocket.
    Anything bigger will be crushed or cracked within a week. It has to stay in the pocket and no fanny pack cases.
    I will probably Ebay something behind the curve down the road out of necessity.

So yeah, I use a Samsung S4. It gets the job done and I can use it for my cars, MHD,XHP and Protools just fine.

What ever happened to the small, smart phone concept?

Post Thanks / Like

iOS for me.

1) I don't want my phone spying on me.
    2) I enjoy the Apple ecosystem because when I take a photo, write a note, add a song to my playlist-- it all syncs to all of my devices.
    3) Android applications for text messaging are really fragmented. Some Android users have apps for sending rich text to Verizon users, a different app for AT&T, and give up and use What's App which spies on them. iMessage on iOS just works and it too synchronizes across all my Apple devices (threads that happened on my phone appear on my Mac and my wi-fi only iPad).
    4) The iPhone cameras are very good. Some Android devices have better lenses, but Apple devices are consistently "very good".
    5) I don't want crud applications installed as mandated by my carrier. Some Android devices cannot uninstall Facebook, for example. Hard pass.
    6) Apple seems committed to providing a safe and privacy-focused ecosystem. They don't always get it perfect but they do seem to try hard. Google does not try.
    7) As much as my family, friends, and colleagues also use the Apple ecosystem, I can (privately) share photos and videos with them seamlessly without resorting to spyware applications like Facebook, Instagram, and the bogus Verizon Messenger using the apps built into iOS.
    8) I like the way Apple provides tools for managing family member access to paid apps, screen time limits, and other cloud sharing.
    9) I can get "the new iOS" on my old iPhone the day it comes out. I remember not being able to get KitKat on my Samsung because AT&T didn't want to offer the update. iOS support for old hardware is shockingly good, the current iOS is supported on devices that first shipped in September 2013.
    10) I think Apple Maps does a better job with busses and subways than Google -- I know, I know-- but try it in a big city and tell me I'm wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    iOS for me.

1) I don't want my phone spying on me.
    2) I enjoy the Apple ecosystem because when I take a photo, write a note, add a song to my playlist-- it all syncs to all of my devices.
    3) Android applications for text messaging are really fragmented. Some Android users have apps for sending rich text to Verizon users, a different app for AT&T, and give up and use What's App which spies on them. iMessage on iOS just works and it too synchronizes across all my Apple devices (threads that happened on my phone appear on my Mac and my wi-fi only iPad).
    4) The iPhone cameras are very good. Some Android devices have better lenses, but Apple devices are consistently "very good".
    5) I don't want crud applications installed as mandated by my carrier. Some Android devices cannot uninstall Facebook, for example. Hard pass.
    6) Apple seems committed to providing a safe and privacy-focused ecosystem. They don't always get it perfect but they do seem to try hard. Google does not try.
    7) As much as my family, friends, and colleagues also use the Apple ecosystem, I can (privately) share photos and videos with them seamlessly without resorting to spyware applications like Facebook, Instagram, and the bogus Verizon Messenger using the apps built into iOS.
    8) I like the way Apple provides tools for managing family member access to paid apps, screen time limits, and other cloud sharing.
    9) I can get "the new iOS" on my old iPhone the day it comes out. I remember not being able to get KitKat on my Samsung because AT&T didn't want to offer the update. iOS support for old hardware is shockingly good, the current iOS is supported on devices that first shipped in September 2013.
    10) I think Apple Maps does a better job with busses and subways than Google -- I know, I know-- but try it in a big city and tell me I'm wrong.
    I'm not trying to talk you into leaving the iOS environment, but just a couple thoughts from someone who uses both iOS and Android on a daily basis.

- #5 is easily solved by buying an unlocked phone directly from the company who builds it. Google, Motorola, HTC, and OnePlus all offer unlocked phones with no carrier bloatware and the vendor apps on unlocked phones can usually be uninstalled. On phones purchased from a carrier, they typically lock all of this down.

- #9 can be avoided as well by going with Google, Motorola, HTC, or OnePlus phones. While you might not get unlimited OS updates until the phones die like you do with Apple, you will get OS updates within weeks/a month or two of them being released by Android. Samsung is consistently proven to be the worst phone maker in the world when it comes to updates. That fact alone will ensure I'll never buy another phone from them. I owned a Galaxy S5 for three years and received a total of five updates/patch pushes the entire time. One was an OS update 14 months after being released by Android...pathetic.

- #10 My experience using mass transit in Baltimore, D.C. and Chicago have been the opposite. I've found Google Maps to work quite well. When comparing destination information between Google Maps and Apple Maps on my wife's iPhone, the Apple Maps were frequently wrong while the Google Maps were flawless.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast