autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which do you prefer: iOS or Android?

Which do you prefer: iOS or Android? Which do you prefer: iOS or Android?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Android. I've simply been an Android user and never had an iPhone so I can't really offer a compare/contrast.

Post Thanks / Like

Android, but I am technical.
    My wife was the first to get a 'smart' phone, and dealer suggested she go with iPhone, as it easier to use. My son and his GF have iPhones too, but they use other Apple products so it makes more sense.
    When my wife complained that she was out of storage on her phone I just laughed. Now we may $0.99 a month for cloud storage. I just bought a larger SD card for my phone.
    I started with an HTC, and upgraded to an Samsung 9 last year, and I want the the HTC back! It included a lot of stuff that I had to get apps for on the Samsung.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m not incredibly particular about my phones. Definitely not what you’d call a power user.

I used android for a long time, and decided to switch to an iPhone when the 6 was current. I personally like the simplicity. I wanted to see how the other side lived. Turn out I really enjoyed it.

I like that when it comes time for a new phone I’m not making spreadsheets and comparing 6 different phones from other manufacturers.

Most of the features available on android phones just aren’t dealbreakers for me, so I just continue to buy iPhones.

I guess the truth is that it’s just one of those things I don’t care too much about. Any top tier phone will serve most people, especially me, just fine. Although, if my phone is ever suddenly not capable of doing something I’d want it to do I’d look elsewhere. I’m not brand loyal any means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

iPhone 7 here. I only run out of space because I take many videos/pictures, but I upload those to my Google account and then delete them from my phone. I prefer Google maps to the Apple maps and I use Amazon Music to stream music.

Post Thanks / Like

Huawei p20 pro just to much memory ram and space and good camera

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

IOS. I don’t have to worry about my iPhone, iPad, iPod being hacked. I will say Android is getting better, but I will probably stick with IOS as I am deep into their system and will never give up my iPad Pro.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow ...these iOS versus android threads always usually become a huge pissing match with personal slander not far behind… Congratulations to all of you. I have been iOS since the beginning, but other members of my family have android and I can pick up their phone and not see any difference whatsoever. It’s really getting close…

My Apple stock that I bought in the 90s allowed me to retire early, but I just sold it all, because I think but no one has stepped in to take steve’s place as an innovator. They haven’t really brought out any new products since he died, and they are no longer any type of groundbreaking company. I put it all into Amazon… LOL

But they build themselves a hell of a HQ…LOL
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

I started with iOS and after two generations of iPhones I switched to Android and never looked back. If you want to really split hairs, I've actually used two different flavors of Android too. My first Android experience was on a Samsung Galaxy and while I like it better than IOS I really hated all the stuff Samsung and my carrier added to the phone and quickly loaded the NOVA launcher to overcome most of what I didn't like. Once that phone needed to be replaced, I jumped to a Pixel. I have been VERY happy with my Pixel, and will not go with anything else.

There are many things I like about Android. The ability to make it do exactly what I want, when I want, with the app I want is a huge plus. I live in a Google world, so the integration between all the Google apps is huge plus. Widgets are another great feature which allows me to access data or do things with apps right on my home screen without having to even open the app in the first place.

When I had an iOS phone I simply used it as a phone and maybe played a few games on it. When I moved to an Android phone, being able to set up widgets and other little changes allowed me to actually use my phone as a tool to manage my life beyond simply communicating. There was something about the way it's designed which "clicks" in my brain and makes me try to take advantage of all it's features in ways iOS never did. Oddly enough, I don't pay games on it hardy at all...

This is by no means a bash on iOS devices. I still use an iPad because Apple's tablets are far better, and actually cheaper, when comparing devices of similar performance. However, my iPad is for casual internet use and entertainment.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I've used/owned both. I like iOS WAY better!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast