autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Calling All Military Members!

Thought I'd shout out to all the Veterans, Active Duty, Reserve, and former military folks here to learn who is who in the zoo!

If you would, go ahead and post what branch of service, units, years served, MOS, ranks, and anything else you wish to share with the group. Doesn't need to contain ALL of this but figured it was a good way to start. We can also share some of those places out there who honor military discounts on anything or even share a funny photo you may still have of your time in the service!

My pic was taken at Abu Ghraib Prison at the height of the scandal there. We were first Marine unit there who took control of all perimeter security, QRF, and convoy security. Needless to say it was a serious hornets nest in 2004!

2. Likes UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Calling All Military Members!

Vargas, SGT, USMC 95-99, 2531/2532 field radio/mux communications. 31st MEU aboard the USS Bella Wood, MWCS-18, MWSS-371.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not or was not in the military, but I still want to say thank you. Thank you risking your life to protect my families and mine. I get to wake up in a great country and play with cars because of you guys and gals. From the bottom of my heart thank you.
    ​1991 BRG Miata
    Brad's Detailed Touch
    https://www.facebook.com/Bradsdetailedtouch1

Post Thanks / Like

James - Data Systems Technician 2nd Class (Surface Warfare) USN 1987-1995 Uss Ranger CV-61

Post Thanks / Like

Brazilian guy here, never been to Military, however I must leave my respect and admiration message to all you brave people who been there, not only for the security of your nation, but (at least from my international point of view), for the whole world.

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

US ARMY E-4 3 years between 1984 - 1987 76W = whiskey which became a 77F = foxtrot Honorable Discharge

Post Thanks / Like

USAF Lee Served 2008-2013 Aircraft Fuel Systems Technician.

Post Thanks / Like

Tweleve years active duty Air Force and six years and counting Navy Reserve. Not comfortable discussing rank and what I do in the clear.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tato View Post
    Brazilian guy here, never been to Military, however I must leave my respect and admiration message to all you brave people who been there, not only for the security of your nation, but (at least from my international point of view), for the whole world.

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards.
    Right, wrong, indifferent...agree or disagree with their mission...may be the point of view for many of our veterans while on a particular mission. Yet, still...they keep their oath to serve. That is what makes them special and sets them apart from any people on earth...their word is their bond...their commitment to honor their oath, their flag, Liberty and Freedom, and leave no one behind, their word...their kind, is like no other.

I'm not military...I know this thread is for current and former military, but, the comment above simply amazes me.

Thank you for realizing the depth of the sacrifice of our men/women in uniform. I really appreciate you acknowledging that. I know our soldiers appreciate such a strong comment from you. I did not serve this country, but have great respect and admiration for those that have. They are why I am FREE!
    Bill

11. Likes Jim w, Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Branch: US Army
    MOS: 25A (Signal Officer)
    Years served: 4 so far.
    Units:
    • Range Extension Platoon Leader - 258th Network Support Company, 75th Fires Brigade (Fort Sill, OK)
    • Executive Officer - Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 100th Brigade Support Batallion, 75th Fires Brigade (Fort Sill, OK)
    • Security Forces Assistance Team Adviser - 3rd Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Divsion (Fort Bliss, TX)
    • Executive Officer (AIT for 25Bs) - Delta Company, 551st Signal Battalion, 15th Regimental Signal Brigade (Fort Gordon, GA)

Discounts I really appreciate - Lowe's and Home Depot. Since I'm usually making a pretty large purchase, the 10% off everything is awesome.

Not gonna do a photo, kinda paranoid about the whole PERSEC thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tato View Post

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards.
    Thank you for this. But it's the families that really make the sacrifice. My current position demands 90+ hours on a regular basis, but rarely do my wife or kids complain. They just keep trooping on and making do.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast