autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How best to negotiate with dealer for new car price ?

So no other advice besides what the others have said BUT with the newest camry's, a lot of people have complained about the transmissions being poor. Jerky, hunting for gears and not the best MPG. Just something to think about.

Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of those issues before

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    Never heard of those issues before

Since my GF has a 2014 camry I'm on a couple FB groups for camry's and people are complaining about these issues once and a while. Enoughf or me to not want a new one until it gets figures out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    I didn't negotiate when I got my wife's car. I just came in and wrote down the number I'm willing to pay and not a dime more. I don't care how you get to that number all I know you better get there 20 mins later deal done and out the door lol. Well I use to work for a dealer back in the day so I know the games. Lls.

That sort of mind set doesn't always work.

My Pops just bought a 2019 Nissan Rogue at the end of 2018 and there were a few dealers that played hardball back. They did NOT give-in to the "here is my number, get there or else" attitude. In fact when my father walked away they did not pursue him. They had the take it or leave it approach or just tried to repackage the deal to some ridiculous manner. My father already had the check in hand and for most of them, they didn't care. In fact I think most of them hated that idea, because they couldn't use THEIR lender for financing.

The new car sales business is some real shady stuff and hasn't changed its stigma at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oz_TCH View Post

I'll will go in to Credit Union tomorrow
    and get a pre authorize financing.

Then go to dealer,
    we're not in any hurry to buy.
    Even though your location is listed as
    Northern Va., IMO: It shouldn’t take too
    long to get to Davis, Ca. (But, then again,
    you can always take the scenic route.)

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lane5515 View Post
    Always buy at month end or quarter end when dealerships are trying to meet sales goals. Also, use edmunds website to figure out invoice pricing (at least pretty close). Don't ask what they will give you for your car, talk price difference between what you want for your car and the price you are willing to pay for the new car.
    That’s pretty much it right there. The sales guy and sales manager have no idea of real cost on the car. It’s equally as difficult for them to buy a car at their own store.

You’re on the right track. 10% off MSRP is my top dollar. But I’ll always throw a number out that is 15-20% to start the volley. For my new Mustang we started at 20% off until a concession at 11% off then we hammered out the trade.

Go in educated. If asking on this forum is your fist step, sadly you have many to go.

Search You Tube, specifically Chevy Dude. Do your homework, use True Car... plot your desired on paper first and have a plan.

DO NOT buy if they are going over the amount you do not want to spend.

DO NOT pay for window tint, window etching, coatings, fabric coatings, door etchings, maintenance plans (not warranty). Etc.

Whatever means they use to get to the price you want to pay is acceptable. You can’t negotiate 20% off and still expect a $1500 rebate. They will use whatever to get to the number.

Have your math done ahead of time. The finance guy is a SHARK How best to negotiate with dealer for new car price ? too! He will put all kinds of things into the bottom number. I caught them trying to add stuff in.

Go to dealer rater and look up the ratings for the dealership and the sales staff. Chose a sales person and Make an appointment.

Have an a, b & c vehicle picked out.

Do your home work. Negotiations are an art and skill, not a fight. Be prepared to walk away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's how I've done it. I haven't needed financing, but when I helped my son who did need financing here's how I approached it.

1. Tell them all you want to know is the "out the door price difference" between the car you want and the car you are trading. Keeps all the nonsense to minimum. I tell them I don't care what they charge for the new car, what they give me for the trade, what other "fees" they throw in - just tell me the amount of money I need to come up with to drive away in the car. Compare that number to your other offers.

2. If financing, do this separately so you can compare apples-to-apples. If you combine these two steps your true costs get convoluted.

3. You may have to do some math if one shop offers a lower price but higher financing so you can determine true cost of ownership. Do you belong to a credit union through your job or otherwise?

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    That sort of mind set doesn't always work.

My Pops just bought a 2019 Nissan Rogue at the end of 2018 and there were a few dealers that played hardball back. They did NOT give-in to the "here is my number, get there or else" attitude. In fact when my father walked away they did not pursue him. They had the take it or leave it approach or just tried to repackage the deal to some ridiculous manner. My father already had the check in hand and for most of them, they didn't care. In fact I think most of them hated that idea, because they couldn't use THEIR lender for financing.

The new car sales business is some real shady stuff and hasn't changed its stigma at all.
    agreed. when i bought my car i had the price in writing from one dealership which was $500 under invoice. i went to another dealership and looked around and when the salesman came and we talked about pricing, he didn't budge even after i showed him the price the other dealership gave me. i asked if he would beat and/or match it and response was something like, "no, you're better off getting it over there" and started walking away...

Post Thanks / Like

got an offer that looks pretty good.

MSRP: $39,144.00
    Your Exclusive Truecar Buying Service Price: $33,024.00
    Processing Fee: $689.00
    Sales Tax (VA): $1,496.55
    DMV Fees (VA): $73.75

what's processing fee ? dealer add on profit ?

Post Thanks / Like

The worst car accidents happen on the showroom floor. My advice is to go 2-4 years used. Let someone else take the 25% depreciation that day and the other 15% over the next 3 years.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast