autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I need opinions...

Hey guys, I’d like to get some opinions on how a certain emblem would look on my car...

This emblem:

Placed just above the side door molding:

On the side door molding:

On the fender:

How do you think it would look? It would be going on both sides of the car.

Post Thanks / Like

I need opinions...

I think if it originally came from the factory it would be on the fender. If it were an SUV it might be on the door. My “Roadster” emblem was installed by the dealer on the fender.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I need opinions...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I think if it originally came from the factory it would be on the fender. If it were an SUV it might be on the door. My “Roadster” emblem was installed by the dealer on the fender.
    Remember the late 90’s Devilles had script on the doors.

Post Thanks / Like

Go for the door then. Maybe mine is on the fender because it’s a coupe.

Post Thanks / Like

Go for the door then. Maybe mine is on the fender because it’s a coupe.
    Do you like how it would look?

Btw this wasn’t really my idea... Here’s the story:
    This is the emblem I paid $40 dollars for. I purchased it just over a week ago on the bay but still this morning the tracking said it had been “accepted” at its origin city on the other side of the country.

So this morning I sent the seller a message asking if shipping normally takes this long for a package to get sent out and he said this wasn’t normal and that he’d look into it... He messaged me again saying it might’ve been lost or maybe usps hadn’t updated their tracking and that he’d send out another 1 today, along with a return label just in case the 1st one arrived. [great customer service]

Well just a few hours later the tracking finally updated after a whole week saying it had arrived @the hub in Los Angeles... I messaged him back to let him know about it and to give me instructions on how to return the 2nd package once it arrived. I honestly felt bad at the timing and wish I had just been more patient.

To my surprise he messaged me back telling me to keep them both. Super nice! Some real Cadillac people style you know what I mean... But now I’ve got 2 of these emblems. Not just any emblems either, they’re freakin $40 dollars each and they’re real deal OEM emblems so now I almost feel obligated to use both of them.

My initial plan was to replace the 2000-2005 DTS emblem on the trunk with the this new 2006-2011 DTS emblem. But now I’ve got 2.

It’s a good thing I didn’t de badge this emblem yet! I came close to a couple of times in the past few days but got sidetracked.

I don’t know what to do.I need opinions...

Post Thanks / Like

Don't do it. The clean look is what sets-off the side view of your car. Nice gloss, period fitting chrome wheels with nicely darkened trim and tint. It sits perfect as-is. Putting DTS on the sides of that car is right up there with the loons that put "22" on the side rolling on spinners. May sound a bit harsh but the latter just makes me LOL every time I see it. Those last two Caddy's on low profile tires and ugly wheels......those are tacky looking IMO. Yours is classy clean.

You have a clean car, thus I vote keep the badges off.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

7. Likes Desertnate, custmsprty, yakky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember when I added the wreaths around my key holes. That really put the finishing touch to my doors although they aren’t necessarily OE

Since you showed me the pics of those cars with the emblems on the doors, I’d say put them on yours. People will probably think they came from the factory that way or the dealer put them there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Don't do it. The clean look is what sets-off the side view of your car. Nice gloss, period fitting chrome wheels with nicely darkened trim and tint. It sits perfect as-is. Putting DTS on the sides of that car is right up there with the loons that put "22" on the side rolling on spinners. May sound a bit harsh but the latter just makes me LOL every time I see it. Those last two Caddy's on low profile tires and ugly wheels......those are tacky looking IMO. Yours is classy clean.

You have a clean car, thus I vote keep the badges off.
    That’s exactly what I’m afraid of. There’s a fine line and I don’t want to cross it... 1 thing leads to another and next thing you know you’re rolling around looking like this!I need opinions...

I remember when I added the wreaths around my key holes. That really put the finishing touch to my doors although they aren’t necessarily OE

Since you showed me the pics of those cars with the emblems on the doors, I’d say put them on yours. People will probably think they came from the factory that way or the dealer put them there.
    Honestly its going to be a hard decision if I choose to put them on there... Replacing the script on the trunk with the newer script was my plan and I think that’s subtle enough to look factory, but my gut’s telling me it might stick out too much to look original...

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If it's a badge for the trunk. It's much of high or deep the letters is. And if as useally they are little deeper than the side badges it could stand out too much with these on yours. Rebadge the original if you want to and you think it looks better than before. And maybe find a nice place for the other one in the interior or in the engine compartment. I would test with some double sided tape that is not so strong adisive and place it on the places you have chosed between. Take a step back and see if you like it or not.

Post Thanks / Like

I too am in the "don't do it" camp. IMO, the whole trend has gone too far when there are badges for the the brand, model, trim type, engine size, drive train type, etc are slapped all over the car. I prefer a clean, uninterrupted look to the exterior of the car with the fewest badges possible.

From a practical standpoint, it makes it much easier to clean. Just thing of the extra effort and time required to clean around each of those letters, or how hard it is to polish around them
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast