autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I need opinions...

I like above the molding on the door.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I like above the molding on the door.
    Thanks for the reply bro. Still not completely decided. I have to get it in my hands and as Swetm said, test it out with normL double sided tape to see how it looks.

3. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My two cents - Door if you’re gonna but I like it clean without. Sweet car though.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Don't do it. The clean look is what sets-off the side view of your car. Nice gloss, period fitting chrome wheels with nicely darkened trim and tint. It sits perfect as-is. Putting DTS on the sides of that car is right up there with the loons that put "22" on the side rolling on spinners. May sound a bit harsh but the latter just makes me LOL every time I see it. Those last two Caddy's on low profile tires and ugly wheels......those are tacky looking IMO. Yours is classy clean.

You have a clean car, thus I vote keep the badges off.
    Pretend you put them on and then removed them for a nice clean look.

6. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we tend to beat ourselves senseless sometimes over the tiniest of things, being detailers I believe it can be more common than for most people. The mere fact you’re questioning it because your in a “bit of a pickle” due to receiving two emblems tells me you might be better off just returning one and sticking to the original plan of replacing the trunk emblem.

End of the day, it’s your car and your choice. You’re gonna see it daily and either think, “man that looks great so glad this two emblem shenanigans happened!” Or, “why the heck did I do this? I really wish the guy insisted I sent the other one back!”
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Post Thanks / Like

All depends on what YOU think looks best on YOUR car, Ric.

Any other opinion doesn't mean squat. Lol
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

does it stick on or does it have studs on the back ? if it sticks on just tape it on to get a feel for it. or maybe cut one out of cardboard paint it silver stick it on & then decide. some times emblems look cool & some times lean is mean. wish I could of helped, but it's a tough call. good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    All depends on what YOU think looks best on YOUR car, Ric.

Any other opinion doesn't mean squat. Lol
    Agree with this.

That being said: I pulled all the emblems off my car for a reason. I’d pull the front Nissan logo off if it wasn’t integrated into the front bumper/grill.

I think I’ll always pull the badges and emblems off every car I ever drive so long as they’re removable and won’t leave any holes.

But that’s just how I am. I also refuse to buy clothes that have excessive branding on them (a logo on the chest is excessive, to me, so I have a hard time finding clothes sometimes lol.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    I think we tend to beat ourselves senseless sometimes over the tiniest of things, being detailers I believe it can be more common than for most people. The mere fact you’re questioning it because your in a “bit of a pickle” due to receiving two emblems tells me you might be better off just returning one and sticking to the original plan of replacing the trunk emblem.

End of the day, it’s your car and your choice. You’re gonna see it daily and either think, “man that looks great so glad this two emblem shenanigans happened!” Or, “why the heck did I do this? I really wish the guy insisted I sent the other one back!”
    You’re spot on how I feel about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Agree with this.

That being said: I pulled all the emblems off my car for a reason. I’d pull the front Nissan logo off if it wasn’t integrated into the front bumper/grill.

I think I’ll always pull the badges and emblems off every car I ever drive so long as they’re removable and won’t leave any holes.

But that’s just how I am. I also refuse to buy clothes that have excessive branding on them (a logo on the chest is excessive, to me, so I have a hard time finding clothes sometimes lol.)

So I guess a Levis tattoo on your chest is out of the question?I need opinions...

13. Likes PaulMys, Finick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    So I guess a Levis tattoo on your chest is out of the question?I need opinions...
    I’ve done some pretty ridiculous things to get rid of/avoid branding, lol.

I bought an American Giant hoodie like 3 years ago and the only visible branding was a hem tag, so I took a seam ripper and carefully removed it.

Prior to my weightlifting days I used to buy raw denim jeans from The Unbranded. Literally made for people like me, lol. I’d resort to eBay or custom button down manufacturers you can use online to get button downs without any branding.

It’s probably my biggest pet peeve with clothes. If you make nice stuff you don’t need to make it ugly by plastering your logo all over it. I need opinions...

15. Likes minerigger liked this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast