autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The World is About to Change

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Would be interesting to see what it could do on something like Eldorado2K's hood. Even if maybe not advised to. But they used it on the SS paint in the video. So why not on a clearcoat failure. Maybe you would need some more layers to build up the thickness over the where there is only basecoat left.
    You KNOW someone is going to try it on failed clearcoat as soon as this is available...I mean really, what do you have to lose? Where's the popcorn emoticon?

2. Likes SWETM, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The World is About to Change

I’ve got nothing to lose... I might be getting rid of the car soon anyways and I’ve already started trying any hacks that I can think of on it.

A few days ago I coated the windshield with McKee’s Headlight Coating. I haven’t gotten around to testing the water behavior, but optically it’s crystal clear.

Next I’m going to try different methods of polishing the clear plastic on the instrument panel/dashboard including using Mothers Mag & Aluminum polish because Sweet Project Cars swears it works flawlessly...

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I’ve got nothing to lose... I might be getting rid of the car soon anyways and I’ve already started trying any hacks that I can think of on it.
    Maybe we can convince Meghan to give you a sample in exchange for a review...when/if they start carrying it here at AG.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Maybe we can convince Meghan to give you a sample in exchange for a review...when/if they start carrying it here at AG.
    You know I’m good for it. Either ways I can make good use of it because the roof of my DTS isn’t exactly restored to a mirror finish thanks to the neglect of the previous owner.

My hood and trunklid to a lesser degree, meaning they look better than the roof, but they’re also not what you’d consider perfect by any means. I definitely think they might be a candidate for this new product.

Notice the difference in shine on trunklid compared to the max shine on the quarter panel.

I haven’t watched the entire vid, but I’m guessing those panels would be ideal? If not then what the heck is the ideal paint condition?

7. Likes SWETM, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    after watching the video and reading few comments on youtube this product is not for car which is in good condition..if it can be polished then you dont need this product..plus only 30 day shelf life after opening the bottle..
    You don't "need" a drill to put screws in either but it's a heck of a lot better to have one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    You don't "need" a drill to put screws in either but it's a heck of a lot better to have one.
    with this product you cant apply it on perfectly polish surface it will not bond..need to use compound with wool or microfiber pad..then apply this product to level out those deep scratches and it will bond properly..good for thin clearcoat i guess..compound the car then dont polish it and apply this product..
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

Post Thanks / Like

11. Thanks fly07sti thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

^^Thanks for posting Guz!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

13. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    In that case, tell the Dr. to send me a bottle...

It's not designed for clearcoat failure. Yvan Lacroix said that you can apply it on something like that but it won't look good. Maybe it will stop the failure and prevent having to re-paint... who knows. Thing is, the product is a 100$ for a bottle and from what I have seen in Apex detailing's video, it looks horible unless you wetsand it and polish it... there was all sorts of wipe marks on the surface when he was done with his second coat. Also there is a long wait period between coats for for us mobile guys, we would be forced to stick to one coat.

This product is better suited for a shop environment for sure. I don't know if people are gonna be willing to pay 300$+ for something that will not make the car look better in case of clear coat failure....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I got kind of a weird answer on the Optimum forum about using this product on headlights, but Apex has another video out demonstrating it on headlights as a "permanent" solution. I guess we will find out what that means.

How the Apex guy has a Kynar drum for a trash can I simply can't get my head around. And yes, I realize there is basically zero chance that anyone else on the forum will know what I am talking about.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast