autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's the deal with people nowadays?

Two things that are not very common these days....common sense and common courtesy.

2. Likes BillE, Klasse Act, DetailKitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In the grand scheme of things with all the self-absorption and instant gratification nowadays, life is too short, people.

I think Bill Murray said it best.

YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

I like the self checkout. I'm not a groaner, but I do have a full-time job and 3 kids under 6. So i'm f'n busy. Sorry, I just need this shampoo and to get on with my life. I don't have an intolerance for the old lady or for example the other day when an obviously less fortunate lady swiped her card about 15 times somehow expecting it to work the next time.

But I do have an issue when the store only has 1 or 2 registers open that causes some of this. I shop more and more online and will continue to do so until they make my store experience better. I just bought my new wiper blades for the wife's explorer online. Free shipping, same price and I dont have to stop and wait for the guy to finish assisting someone with a dead battery only to find out they don't have the right size in stock (which ended up being true because the passenger side wasn't available at my store).

end of my rant
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mike02vr6 View Post
    I agree, it's the youth now they are so impatient. I do find myself impatient sometimes. But if it's an older lady questioning why something didn't reflect a sale price or paying by check. I just imagine them being my mother or grandmother. But OMG the teeth smacking sound when those people do that I want to punch them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    woah, woah, woah. You're just as likely to see a 40 to 50 somethings curmudgeon get all riled up about some BS as you are a 20 something. 20 somethings may be rude and oblivious while they're glued to their phones, but honestly many appear to be more tolerant than the boomer.

sincerely a 35 year old
    2009 Pontiac G8GT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belo View Post
    woah, woah, woah. You're just as likely to see a 40 to 50 somethings curmudgeon get all riled up about some BS as you are a 20 something. 20 somethings may be rude and oblivious while they're glued to their phones, but honestly many appear to be more tolerant than the boomer.

sincerely a 35 year old
    I can agree with this. I don’t think it’s universally true, but I think the perception is skewed towards youth for some reason.

I’ve seen more retailers than I care to count fall victim to baby boomers berating them about things that simply aren’t their fault, and that they have no power over. I can’t remember the last time I argued over a coupon, sale, or really anything at a retail location. Granted, I mostly buy online. I seldom find what I want in store, and if I do happen to go to a store, I know exactly what I want and it makes the employees job very easy. If I ask and they clearly don’t know, no big deal. I’ll just keep looking myself or find someone else.

I’ve never complained at a restaurant about the service or caused a fuss because it’s really not worth the hassle. If my service was bad I simply either don’t go back, or I go back and give it a second try to see if another server offers a better experience.

Going back to the OP and the old lady: I don’t care how long people take. Life is too short to be stressed out about stupid crap like that. Maybe it’s because around my area our self check out has 8 registers always open at the grocery store, or maybe I’m just lucky if I go somewhere else, but I generally just have a good time and don’t worry about stuff like that.

I do have a problem watching someone ruin a retail workers life though, just because they don’t get their way. Seriously, if you do this, stop it. It’s one thing to ask why a coupon didn’t work. It’s another to throw an adult temper tantrum because your seltzer water was 2 freaking dollars more expensive than you thought it would be. I’ve paid the difference of a coupon more than once to simply get someone out of my way, and to save the poor cashier from their hissy fit. It’s honestly embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes Klasse Act, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got one. I drive cars to and from the dealer for service part time. I pulled into the local car wash gas station for a fill up, the guy in front of me heading my way just finished fueling so I left a little room so he could pull out but no he gets out his towel to wipe down his truck right there at the pump. I put my arms up like what the hell, he just keeps wiping. So I did what any nice person would do, I pulled right up to his bumper and did not move. He waited a very long time for people behind him to move so he could back up.

9. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree 100% with everything written here (just read all 5 pages...)

I'm going to add and go in a little different direction but still applies to the "what's the deal with people nowadays" theme:

Went to a winery Sunday with my cousin. It was a Sunday, and nice out so it was a little busy there.
    Outside of the tasting room was an inclosed heated seating area with tables and chairs for you to enjoy some wine and food. Since it was busy there was one open table. It had a mound of trash on the center of the table.
    At first I thought, ok, someone was too lazy to throw out their trash before leaving... and the trash bin was 3 FEET AWAY. But nope, worse:
    My cousin asked a table right next to it with 3 or 4 adults at it if the table with the trash on it was available and if they knew if anyone was still using it.
    The guy at the next door table said, "oh no one is there"... and then he leaned over and picked up the mound of trash!!!!!!

So ok, the place is mobbed, and you are too lazy to get up, walk 3 feet to the trash bin, so you put all your trash on the ONLY EMPTY table left in the room??????
    Good job jerk.

But WAIT! There's more!
    While my cousin and I try and enjoy a nice bottle of red wine and a cheese board, there are 3 young kids (ranging between 2 and 5) running round the room, in-between the tables and screaming at the top of their lunges like they are on a playground. My cousin and I are doing our best to ignore them but it's pretty hard... some of their shrill screams are ear-piercing.
    Who's kids are these running amok???????

OH! It's the trash table next to us!!!!! As they get up to leave they call the kids over to leave...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????
    Who brings their small children to a winery and lets them do whatever they want while they sit and drink wine? I'm sorry, but SOME parents act so entitled that they have children. And whatever happened to watching and disciplining your kids??? We all know here if we did that we would have been taken outside and "dealt with" by our parents!!!!!
    What are these kids going to grow up acting like???????

Inversely: there was another table not far away with 2 children... one was an infant (quietly sleeping in it's stroller) and the other toddler sat quietly in his mother's lap the entire time.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

11. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mike02vr6 View Post
    I agree, it's the youth now they are so impatient. I do find myself impatient sometimes. But if it's an older lady questioning why something didn't reflect a sale price or paying by check. I just imagine them being my mother or grandmother. But OMG the teeth smacking sound when those people do that I want to punch them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    I agree 100% with everything written here (just read all 5 pages...)

I'm going to add and go in a little different direction but still applies to the "what's the deal with people nowadays" theme:

Went to a winery Sunday with my cousin. It was a Sunday, and nice out so it was a little busy there.
    Outside of the tasting room was an inclosed heated seating area with tables and chairs for you to enjoy some wine and food. Since it was busy there was one open table. It had a mound of trash on the center of the table.
    At first I thought, ok, someone was too lazy to throw out their trash before leaving... and the trash bin was 3 FEET AWAY. But nope, worse:
    My cousin asked a table right next to it with 3 or 4 adults at it if the table with the trash on it was available and if they knew if anyone was still using it.
    The guy at the next door table said, "oh no one is there"... and then he leaned over and picked up the mound of trash!!!!!!

So ok, the place is mobbed, and you are too lazy to get up, walk 3 feet to the trash bin, so you put all your trash on the ONLY EMPTY table left in the room??????
    Good job jerk.

But WAIT! There's more!
    While my cousin and I try and enjoy a nice bottle of red wine and a cheese board, there are 3 young kids (ranging between 2 and 5) running round the room, in-between the tables and screaming at the top of their lunges like they are on a playground. My cousin and I are doing our best to ignore them but it's pretty hard... some of their shrill screams are ear-piercing.
    Who's kids are these running amok???????

OH! It's the trash table next to us!!!!! As they get up to leave they call the kids over to leave...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????
    Who brings their small children to a winery and lets them do whatever they want while they sit and drink wine? I'm sorry, but SOME parents act so entitled that they have children. And whatever happened to watching and disciplining your kids??? We all know here if we did that we would have been taken outside and "dealt with" by our parents!!!!!
    What are these kids going to grow up acting like???????

Inversely: there was another table not far away with 2 children... one was an infant (quietly sleeping in it's stroller) and the other toddler sat quietly in his mother's lap the entire time.
    moral of the story. All people of all races, genders, ages and religions have their dick heads. Generalizations are not fair and anyone can suck.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT

13. Likes Finick, DBAILEY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by belo View Post
    anyone can suck.
    this /\ /\ /\
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

15. Likes Finick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Most folks tend to justify why they should be the center of the universe, without ever thinking about it. :-)

17. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast