autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's the deal with people nowadays?

Hello,

Both my parents are 85. They look a lot younger then 85 but my dad has to use a oxygen tank and my mom uses a cane or a walker depending on where she is at. I have seen some of the nicest people helping my parents. My dad still refuses to park in the handicapped. Teenage kids look the other way but everyone else always offers to help. My parents smile at everyone they see and maybe that helps.

Lou

2. Likes Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s the “Twitter Syndrome”. People get away with being ultra rude on line and it carries over to real life. People don’t know how to interact with each other anymore and it keeps getting worse. We look to our leaders for inspiration and examples to follow.

4. Likes ScottH, SWETM, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When I first had my one knee replaced last January I was using a walker, I went to visit my daughter in San Diego. When I went to the airport at BWI I used the the motorized walkway (or whatever its called) vs the regular walkway, there were 2 sailors in front of me and a Marine. This young woman comes up behind and told(not ask) me in a loud rude voice to move so that she could get around me with her luggage. I gave her a look that could kill because I was already close to the handrail and she needed more room to roll her small suitcase around me, she had more than enough room, needless to say the 2 Sailors and Marine heard her and blocked the walkway so that she could not get around them. Sailors had their duffle bag and Marine had his rucksack and she yelled at them, well needless to say the Marine told her if she was able to walk and was in a hurry that perhaps she should jump over the rail and take the walkway. She stood there, made somewhat of a scene and the guys just smiled at me. Needless to say by the time we got to the end airport security was standing there and saw what happened and spoke to her. Don't know what was said but she did not look happy.

ANYWAY has luck would have it when I visited my daughter(she is EOD in Navy) one of the sailors that was on that walkway happened to be at her house--he too was an EOD and we had a good laugh and I could not buy any drinks for myself that night thanks to him.
    Last edited by grisby; 02-10-2019 at 12:47 PM. Reason: spelling
    1972 Buick GS Stage 1
    1 of 728 made
    1 of 1 SCO color combo

6. Likes UncleDavy, SWETM, rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    It’s the “Twitter Syndrome”. People get away with being ultra rude on line and it carries over to real life. People don’t know how to interact with each other anymore and it keeps getting worse. We look to our leaders for inspiration and examples to follow.
    Oh yeah those Twitter fingers. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grisby View Post
    When I first had my one knee replaced last January I was using a walker, I went to visit my daughter in San Diego. When I went to the airport at BWI I used the the motorized walkway (or whatever its called) vs the regular walkway, there were 2 sailors in front of me and a Marine. This young woman comes up behind and told(not ask) me in a loud rude voice to move so that she could get around me with her luggage. I gave her a look that could kill because I was already close to the handrail and she needed more room to roll her small suitcase around me, she had more than enough room, needless to say the 2 Sailors and Marine heard her and blocked the walkway so that she could not get around them. Sailors had their duffle bag and Marine had his rucksack and she yelled at them, well needless to say the Marine told her if she was able to walk and was in a hurry that perhaps she should jump over the rail and take the walkway. She stood there, made somewhat of a scene and the guys just smiled at me. Needless to say by the time we got to the end airport security was standing there and saw what happened and spoke to her. Don't know what was said but she did not look happy.

ANYWAY has luck would have it when I visited my daughter(she is EOD in Navy) one of the sailors that was on that walkway happened to be at her house--he too was an EOD and we had a good laugh and I could not buy any drinks for myself that night thanks to him.
    O wow. I can hear my wife now. "Oooooo bae. I know she ain't talking to you like that" then she would come in with that smooth slide in and be like don't get f up lmao. That would be my wife to the T What's the deal with people nowadays? What's the deal with people nowadays? What's the deal with people nowadays?. Babe chill.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Paul unfortunately too many people these days want instant gratification. These same people have little to no patience, or the appreciation for the work that goes into the instant gratitifcation they seek. Glad you spoke up and defended the older woman.

ScottH

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterman View Post
    Hello,

Both my parents are 85. They look a lot younger then 85 but my dad has to use a oxygen tank and my mom uses a cane or a walker depending on where she is at. I have seen some of the nicest people helping my parents. My dad still refuses to park in the handicapped. Teenage kids look the other way but everyone else always offers to help. My parents smile at everyone they see and maybe that helps.

Lou
    As a parent of two teenagers I am happy to say my kids are very polite in public. I have had friends call me and tell me be saw my son has helped a elderly person by holding a door and letting them go first and grabbing a chair so they could sit.... Now at home.... He is a typical 17 year old towards me. But I can deal with that a little if he is a good person out in public

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

12. Likes Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    FACTS while advancement in digital age , is good it hurts in other ways where we cannot just talk or communicate other than using devices, lack of balance of use of the devices

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

14. Likes ScottH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I go food shopping real early in the morning to avoid having to wait as much and to get out of the store as quickly as possible. My strategy pretty much works all the time. I also get to park real far away in my favorite parking spot.
    This is hilarious. My wife does the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I see older people being just as impatient as younger people are, atleast in my case but as far as Chicago goes, well, I've been here for almost 10 yrs and this is a ME FIRST town, no doubt about it! Our traffic is rated 3rd behind LA and DC, can only imagine what that's like then because it sucks here but then again I'm a delivery driver so it's apart of the job. There's freeways here that are busy well past the average work day is over and most people live so far away from the city that you don't seem to get away from it, even on the weekends, forget about going INTO the city, LOL.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast