autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Boot Camp four years on!!!

Wow!!!

Four years ago today since Jonty, Ange & I stood in front of the Autogeek Show Car Garage. So much has happened since then, some good, some bad, some awful, & some very much so awesome.

Reminiscing today when this popped up on my Facebook feed, man I miss this place. There is something so addictive about being at Autogeek & I long to return.

Being a part of Mike’s Boot Camp Class has changed our lives considerably, this is noticeable today more so than then or even one, two, three years on. I made a stack of new friends attending this class & had an absolute ball being a part of it but it’s evident almost on a daily basis just how much I truely took away from this & of course Mike Phillips himself. Our shop has never been so busy & continues to grow in reputation & of course this is great in a business sense too.

It’s hard to explain exactly but it’s there everywhere in my day to day life as a detailer. Whether it in the way I talk with customers or ‘car folks’ at a show or even in conversation with my peers. At times I go over conversations in my head & more often than not I think ‘I got that from Mike’.

Mike Phillips & his ‘Brain Dumps’!!! Incredible how much information you can absorb from Mike, be it from his spoken word, written on paper or digital like this. Mike doesn’t hold back, doesn’t keep secrets (unless for good reasons, new products etc) & genuinely wants to help people. Whilst I am by no means comparing myself to Mike Phillips, I have (down here in little ol’ New Zealand) become ‘that guy’. I am humbled to be ‘that guy’ in the industry here in NZ in terms of being the guy who is willing to help anyone & amongst the detailing community here (never ever imagined I’d say this) & my peers look up to me . . .

‘Each One, Teach One’. I believe Mike said that. That’s the way I have become & I got that from Mr Phillips I’m sure. Everything from techniques, tools & etiquette can be learned at one of Mike’s Boot Camp Classes & I sure as heck know I took my share of knowledge away with me.

A bit of a rant I know but hey. ‘Fan Boy’? Yeah you bet! Friend? Absolutely! I’m proud to call Mike Phillips a friend & look forward to catching up with him again soon.

Mike if you read this - Thank You for having me in your class FOUR years ago.

Aaryn NZ.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

2. Likes fly07sti, FrankS, JKDesign, mc2hill, Diner and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boot Camp four years on!!!

Time flies brotha! What a great place this detailing community is.

4. Likes mc2hill, SWETM, Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

Wow!!!

Four years ago today since Jonty, Ange & I stood in front of the Autogeek Show Car Garage. So much has happened since then, some good, some bad, some awful, & some very much so awesome.

Hard to believe 4 years have past since you were here for the class. Time does fly.

Reminiscing today when this popped up on my Facebook feed, man I miss this place. There is something so addictive about being at Autogeek & I long to return.

Being a part of Mike’s Boot Camp Class has changed our lives considerably, this is noticeable today more so than then or even one, two, three years on. I made a stack of new friends attending this class & had an absolute ball being a part of it but it’s evident almost on a daily basis just how much I truely took away from this & of course Mike Phillips himself. Our shop has never been so busy & continues to grow in reputation & of course this is great in a business sense too.

It’s hard to explain exactly but it’s there everywhere in my day to day life as a detailer. Whether it in the way I talk with customers or ‘car folks’ at a show or even in conversation with my peers. At times I go over conversations in my head & more often than not I think ‘I got that from Mike’.

Mike Phillips & his ‘Brain Dumps’!!! Incredible how much information you can absorb from Mike, be it from his spoken word, written on paper or digital like this. Mike doesn’t hold back, doesn’t keep secrets (unless for good reasons, new products etc) & genuinely wants to help people. Whilst I am by no means comparing myself to Mike Phillips, I have (down here in little ol’ New Zealand) become ‘that guy’. I am humbled to be ‘that guy’ in the industry here in NZ in terms of being the guy who is willing to help anyone & amongst the detailing community here (never ever imagined I’d say this) & my peers look up to me . . .
    Thanks for the kind words Aaryn.

I wish all the people that attend our class would share their experience online so others will know the classes I teach are truly worth the price. I know what happens in most other classes because the people that attend my classes tell me of their experience and it's always the same story. The class is mostly sitting, very little hands-on time by the students, often just demos by the instructor and in some cases, the class is basically a sales pitch for a brand.

My classes are never like that. They are pure detailing.

‘Each One, Teach One’. I believe Mike said that. That’s the way I have become & I got that from Mr Phillips I’m sure. Everything from techniques, tools & etiquette can be learned at one of Mike’s Boot Camp Classes & I sure as heck know I took my share of knowledge away with me.
    I learned that saying from someone else but I am the guy that turned that saying into an article back in 2004 - 15 years ago as I type in 2019

Each one, teach one... Ferrari Fiorano 355 F1 Spider

A bit of a rant I know but hey. ‘Fan Boy’? Yeah you bet! Friend? Absolutely! I’m proud to call Mike Phillips a friend & look forward to catching up with him again soon.

Mike if you read this - Thank You for having me in your class FOUR years ago.

Aaryn NZ.

Love you like a brother man....

Thanks for bringing up your class anniversary. It's 9:30am as I type and after a few office chores I'm heading to the garage to set-up the Tornador Black and White Car Cleaning Guns and then the Mytee Hot Water Extractors. After that I'll set up the Duprey and Vapor Chief Steam Machines. After that I have to top off about 50+ bottles of various compounds and polishes. After that I'll place an order for anything still missing for the class and for a variety of ceramic coatings for the class to use.

I have 6 more cars coming in today also.

With any luck, I'll try to get out of hear a tick early as I have to go to the store and pick up coffee and creamer for the class on Friday morning.

And for anyone that reads this thread into the future, to get an idea of what a REAL detailing class looks like, I'm documenting the before condition of all the cars for this weekend's class here,

Video: Before condition - Training Cars for Bootcamp Class

Parking is going to be tight this year, I might not even set out tables or chairs.

6. Likes axel06, SWETM, Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome story Aaryn!

Great to hear your detailing business is blooming still. But that's no surprise as you are a genuin guy and hard worker. And always fun to see the cars you shine up and share with us.

Thanks for shareing your experience with us Aaryn!

/ Tony

8. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't look a day older, Aaryn.

Awesome post, my brother.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

10. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Time flies brotha! What a great place this detailing community is.
    Indeed it is Don!

Actually, you know - it’s almost coming up ONE YEAR since we were at Detail Fest together!!! How crazy is that! Hopefully it all works out at the end of this year & we’ll catch up again my Brother!!

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Awesome story Aaryn!

Great to hear your detailing business is blooming still. But that's no surprise as you are a genuin guy and hard worker. And always fun to see the cars you shine up and share with us.

Thanks for shareing your experience with us Aaryn!

/ Tony
    Thank you Tony.

As always, you kind words & comments are appreciated my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    You don't look a day older, Aaryn.

Awesome post, my brother.

Hahahahaha! Thank you Paul!!

Ange often tells me to ‘grow up’ . . . I can’t be sure but I believe she means I should start ageing??? I guess I’m just blessed with natural beauty . . . .

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

12. Likes SWETM, VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Hard to believe 4 years have past since you were here for the class. Time does fly.

Thanks for the kind words Aaryn.

I wish all the people that attend our class would share their experience online so others will know the classes I teach are truly worth the price. I know what happens in most other classes because the people that attend my classes tell me of their experience and it's always the same story. The class is mostly sitting, very little hands-on time by the students, often just demos by the instructor and in some cases, the class is basically a sales pitch for a brand.

My classes are never like that. They are pure detailing.

Love you like a brother man....

Thanks for bringing up your class anniversary.

Thank you Mike.

Attending your class is way way up there in one of the coolest, most memorable things I have done in my life, & in my eyes I have done some very cool stuff too.

“Worth the price” Yeah absolutely. For me at least, I cannot think there would be too many places you could travel to Stuart Florida, that would be much further away than little ol’ New Zealand & doing that alone is an expensive process. Add travel costs, accommodation costs & the price of your Boot Camp Class together & its a fair chunk of change. Was it worth it? Heck yeah, you bet. I’d be there again tomorrow if it were that easy.

As for your classes being “hands on” - now, I do this for a living. I’m a self employed detailer & I can honestly say - you will do more “hands on” detailing in 3 days during Mikes class than a lot of Detailers will do in the same period. When Mike says to have a good nights sleep - best you do coz you’re gonna be beat after the class is done for the day.

Thanks for chiming in Mike. I hope to catch up with you soon to discuss a few things but also the family & I are heading your way in December too, we hope to be able to catch up . . . I owe you that beer still.

Aaryn NZ.

14. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Mike Phillips

As for your classes being “hands on” - now, I do this for a living.

I’m a self employed detailer & I can honestly say - you will do more “hands on” detailing in 3 days during Mikes class than a lot of Detailers will do in the same period.

When Mike says to have a good nights sleep - best you do coz you’re gonna be beat after the class is done for the day.

Thanks for the real-world testimony Aaryn.

I know a lot of people can be cynical when they hear me tell them the classes I teach are HANDS-ON and even GREAT classes.

A cynical comment could look like this,

Of course Mike Phillips would say his classes are great, he works for Autogeek!

But when it comes from someone that has attended one of my classes, now it has real MARKETING POWER.

So thank you.

The class coming up this weekend, this one,

Training Cars for the 2019 September 3-day Detailing Bootcamp Class

I'm happy to say is FULL of people that somehow have found out about our classes, done their research and quite possibly read your testimonies either here or on Facebook and SIGNED-UP for this class.

So thank you!

16. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Way cool! 4 Years! Wow! Glad for your success! KEEP ON ROCKING!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

18. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post