autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Christmas Eve here in New Zealand.

Happy Christmas Eve to all my Autogeek Online Forum Family members.

It’s 9pm on Christmas Eve here in the Southern Isles, the polishers have been put to rest until the 7th if January, when Details reopens the doors for another year.

I received an early Christmas gift this morning & to be fair - I doubt it can be beaten. I was standing in the kitchen making my morning coffee when I heard the pitter patter of a three year olds feet coming down the hallway. The look on this Boys face when he looked up & saw Dad staring back at him & the hurried half awake run with arms wide open & the warm tight embrace of those little arms & that little head resting on my neck . . . Damn!!!

Now, I love what I do for a living . . . (Okay, sometimes it’s not so fun but nowadays I make sure ‘those days’ pay well) but this morning made me hate it just a bit.

I’m unsure how many of you know what a Pavlova is but Benjamin & I made the Pavlova for Christmas desert together, priceless. Paw Patrol & all . . .

I pretty much covered what has been happening at the shop in my other thread & 2018 had been a challenging & rewarding year full of lessons learned, mistakes made, setbacks & progress. 2019 is shaping up to be a turning point at the shop in terms of our approach to the retail of car care products. Recently we changed things around a bit & the lead up to Christmas has seen the awareness of our store grow incredibly. Exciting times ahead.

March now seems so long ago & it’s hard to believe I was in Florida with my AGO Brother Don (fly07sti) & attending Autogeeks 13th Annual Detail Fest ten months ago. Loved being there, loved meeting so many great people & some good folks from the forum too!!! What a blast!

My good buddy’s Don (fly07sti) & Frank (FrankS) two straight up good guys!!!

Myself & my good friend Mike Phillips! Always a pleasure catching up with you Mike, & I hope to catch up again late in 2019 too.

Likewise with you too Meghan.

Very cool to meet & talk with Bob Eichelberg from Flex North America.

As much as I would love it, there will be no appearance from me at Detail Fest again in 2019 but definitely in the future I will return. SEMA caught me good this year too but alas I won’t make it there in 2019 either. However, we are planning a return to Florida for a family vacation late in 2019 & hope to catch up with some AGO friends while we are there. We are getting excited for this already . . . Counting down . . . Almost.

Got pretty spoilt from my good friends at Lake Country Manufacturing too! HUGE shoutout to Jason Brennan.

So - here’s to you guys! Merry Christmas & Happy 2019 to all my Autogeek Online family from all around the World. Wishing you all good heath & happiness from New Zealand!!!

Nabbed an early Christmas Gift from the Grand Parents!!! LEGO!!!

Aaryn NZ.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

2. Thanks Diner, fly07sti, Misterpaul, JKDesign, JustJesus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Christmas Eve here in New Zealand.

Absolutely beautiful post, Aaryn! Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family.

I wish you all the best for the new year.

4. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Aaryn, I couldn't say more than Paulie did! Thanks for the post and Merry Christmas to your and your fam!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

6. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Merry Christmas to you Aaryn. That pitter patter of little feet is what Christmas is all about.

8. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Merry Christmas!

Lakeland -Tampa - St Pete - Clearwater - Sarasota
    Boats / Auto / Trucks / RVs
    863-738-8336 Follow us on Instagram

10. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Merry Christmas and Happy New years to you and your family. Here's to a successful and healthy 2019!
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

12. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Aaryn,

Thanks for sharing your version of:
    It’s A Wonderful Life”.

Merry Christmas!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

14. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Hi Aaryn,

Thanks for sharing your Christmas with all of us! I love reading your updates for your family and your business.

We watched the movie, "It's a Wonderful Life" last night, one of our favorites and one of the core themes of the movie is how "your" positive life affects so many others lives in a positive manner. I'm confident that without knowing it, you sharing your struggles and successes on this forum has impacted others in a positive manner and inspired others to follow your success.

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and successful New Year!

16. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s 8:00 am Christmas Eve here in California and I’m lying in bed watching cartoons with my 2 favorite little girls. Zoe was looking at my phone as I was reading and she said “Daddy that’s your friend”.
    You’re so right man, it’s the little moments of them running up and grabbing a hug and seeing the pure joy in there eyes that are so precious. Hopefully our families will meet in 2019. Continued success to you in the New Year my friend.
    Enjoy your time off with your wonderful family and Merry Christmas to you, Ange, Jonty and Lil Benjamin.

18. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Looking at the PBM Holden Commodore I see the LS3 badge. Thinking that will be my Christmas present to my SS. I’m not doing the Holden conversion but I’d prefer LS3 to SS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

20. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast