autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I just don't get it????

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    You young punk...............
    Back in 95 I was just turning five... wild times, for sure.

I was probably at my 9-5 or something, building my retirement and budgeting. Maybe I was into extreme couponing, who knows what five year old me was like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by finick View Post
    back in 95 i was just turning five... Wild times, for sure.

I was probably at my 9-5 or something, building my retirement and budgeting. Maybe i was into extreme couponing, who knows what five year old me was like.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
    lmao!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    You young punk...............

JK, Pad Wizard!
    Haha! Once upon a time!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Back in 95 I was just turning five... wild times, for sure.

I was probably at my 9-5 or something, building my retirement and budgeting. Maybe I was into extreme couponing, who knows what five year old me was like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best thing was that all my grandparents, uncles, and Dad were still alive.

I was 18, drumming in two bands, dating one of the most beautiful girls I would ever cast a haze upon.

It was that blissful ignorance that comes with youth. Everything was in front of me, the world, my oyster.

Today...

I don't know what I'm doing these days!

5. Likes Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Had to think about this one. I would gladly use my real name and probably could/should have here. But... I've been on the Interwebz forever. Many sites forced a user name that was not your real name. And many didn't allow spaces. My name is David and my last name starts with R. So I would end up with David_R1234 on one site and DavidRRRRRRRR on another one. It's just crazy.

One nick name I picked up along the way was Dario. Another one was Rip, which then became Rippy, which then became Rippy D, which then became Rip Dario. So I tend to use 3 variations of those depending on what's available. Guessing there was already a Dario here or I would probably used that when I joined. We I smarter and more creative I would have just come up with one more unique one.

If David R is available I'd be happy to change to it. My last name is pretty common as well, but I'd prefer that a bunch of internet freaks not have my full name (not you guys, of course). Although a common name also has it's own anonymity.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

It's ones spirit that posts on the internet - devoid of a body. Most people's spirit is limited by the body they live in. Not something that necessarily has to be on the internet.

Plus, there are people in this world to be wary of. I don't go around with my address printed on my shirt or car. I like to know who I may be giving more sensitive information about myself too.

Post Thanks / Like

I spent over a decade as a girls' tournament fastpitch softball coach. My world revolved around softball and everyone I interacted with naturally called me Coach or Coach Steve. It's been a decade since I quit coaching and people still call me Coach. I'll run into someone at the store or wherever and It's "Hey Coach, long time no see!" and as I smile and wave, I can't remember their name to save my life!

9. Likes LSNAutoDetailing, SWETM, Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has their own opinions on privacy. It really isn't advisable to judge people for this because we all have different life experiences, some traumatic, some annoying, some just being OCD. We are what we are.

That said, I prefer a certain amount of anonymity because I'm in the business world and my opinions, however innocuous might have an effect in a business relationship or negotiation. It is just good business practice to remain as apolitical and non-secular as possible in my private life.

If I tout or rave about some product here that has some corporate connection to a rival I might have a business relationship with it could jeopardize or diminish that relationship. Google indexes anything and everything these days. Why take the risk?

Once I retire I could really give a hoot but as long as I make my living with business relationships it is just good practice for someone like me to maintain privacy. Privacy is not 100%, either. A motivated stalker can use social engineering to get to a result but this takes time and effort. Google searches don't.

11. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I just don't get it????

Last time I checked everyone joins Facebook with their real name?

This premise is not accurate. There are tons of people who desire to remain anonymous even on FB, and will attempt to choose and alternate name. The reasons go from reasonable to intentions that range from cathartic to just plain toxic. FB permits anyone to create a "page" vs. "account" and as long as the page doesn't violate any policies the name will be permitted.

13. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    User name is a lot like the avatar. It's a way of describing yourself. Who you are, where you came from, where your headed. Plus I think it easier to remember descriptive user names than normal names.
    Exactly how I decided to pick a handle which describes where I am from. Only remember one person ever make mention of my user name and figuering it out. I haveto say I was i pressed.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.