autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: You know you have been seriously bitten by the detailing bug when you find yourself:

My favorite is when my wife has a special cleaning need around the house and I strut to my detailing cart all proud and big chested, “I got this one babe”. I’ve polished countertops, cleaned and treated leather recliners, sealed bathroom mirrors and removed tons of carpet stains!

2. Likes VISITOR, Maxreed241, PaulMys, SWETM, irvsmith and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: You know you have been seriously bitten by the detailing bug when you find yourself:

You know you got the detailing bug when u walk around with anMF towel stuck to your butt. Wow yes I follow many mentioned above. But one missing: when you walk around the grocery store for 20 minutes with a Yellow MF towel stuck to your butt ( I noticed my pant belt was very lightly scratching my leather seat on my M4 so I would put a yellow MF towel between my pant belt n the seat. And this time it stayed stuck during my food shopping). I am sure many folks got a good laugh.

4. Likes PaulMys, SWETM, irvsmith, rangerbay liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markymapo View Post
    You know you got the detailing bug when u walk around with anMF towel stuck to your butt. Wow yes I follow many mentioned above. But one missing: when you walk around the grocery store for 20 minutes with a Yellow MF towel stuck to your butt ( I noticed my pant belt was very lightly scratching my leather seat on my M4 so I would put a yellow MF towel between my pant belt n the seat. And this time it stayed stuck during my food shopping). I am sure many folks got a good laugh.

Hey! Is that a Gold Plush??
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Likes irvsmith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1-I knee it was getting bad when I had to get a 7x7 Tuff Shed to store my MF’s because when they were in our laundry room my wife would just grab whatever was closest to her at the time to wipe something down.

2-Using my VX5000 to clean the grout in the kitchen and to occasionally clean my daughter’s shoes.

3- Stocking up on plastic bottles to give out to people to try different products just because.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

9. Likes irvsmith, Goonie75, larr12, DetailZeus, Jim w and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You know you have been seriously bitten by the detailing bug when you find yourself:

I forgot the main one because it’s automatic...

5. Running consultations in your head for the cars around you while stopped at the lights.

11. Likes irvsmith, Goonie75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought you were reading my mind LOL.

JIM

13. Likes irvsmith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for your willingness to not leave me out on the detailing limb. I left one out - in a similar way I can search for the isolated parking spot, I also try and not park under trees or telephone lines but those are hard to do when you live in OAKland.

Quote Originally Posted by irvsmith View Post
    I found myself doing some idiosyncratic things now that I am interested in this obsession (I mean passion.) I thought I would tabulate some of mine and thought it might be a fun thread to have people post those things you do around your car (or even the house I guess) as a result of your passion to keep the car looking immaculate. You know the things that significant others or friends might comment on when you are getting into their cars or at their homes. In your replies you can add new items or simply reference the item number in this post as things you do as well.

1. Tapping your feet every time you get into the car.
    2. Blasting the defroster to avoid running the windshield wipers and potentially smearing any dirt on the glass.
    3. Closing the door with the side of your hand instead your fingers so you don't induce more fine scratches.
    4. Actually not incessantly wiping down the paint and waiting until a full wash so you are not touching the paint.
    5. Have a large set of products/MF towels in the trunk for immediately addressing the bird gifts, food/drink spills, etc.
    6. Searching far and wide for that parking spot away from other cars.
    7. Driving on certain roads to avoid construction work.
    8. Opening and closing doors for passengers so they don't introduce new scratches.
    9. Buying replacement MF towels after very few uses? After only one use?
    10. Seeing swirls in other cars.
    11. Cringing when you see someone using an automatic car wash or dry wiping their paint.
    12. Picking up those little crumbs or bits of dirt when you just did the interior yesterday.
    13. Doing all the above even on your daily driver (guilty as charged.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

After reading the thread I feel like in family now. Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

16. Likes Kamakaz1961, irvsmith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Putting up new shelving for new product purchases.
    2. Filling up closet with purchases to keep them out of the heat/cold.
    3. Wondering about getting the $500 gift certificate just in case.

It’s a sickness. Lol.

18. Likes PaulMys, minerigger, irvsmith liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast