autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Test drive...TITAN PRO 4X CREW CAB

Test Drive... TITAN PRO 4X CREW CAB

Finally had a chance to drive a new one today. Most buyers think Ford/Ram/Chevy when it comes to trucks. I wanted to test drive a TITAN. Been a long time since I have been in a truck. Loaded pro 4x with the bells and whistles. I loved this truck. A little too much. Ride and power were fantastic to me. Nissan really stepped up their interior design and materials. Heated/Cooled seats/Heated steering wheel/ Rockford Fosgate Sound. Again in my humble opinion, you got to have bank to buy these trucks. It was way out of reach even with the rebates etc. But again, I was only there to test drive. Trucks sure have come a long way, but their price reflects this. All in all I had fun and found it to be a very nice capable truck.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

2. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Test drive...TITAN PRO 4X CREW CAB

There's a few Titans running around run my area and honestly I think they are ugly. It's that front end that I don't like.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they should concentrate on the mid size market and compete with Toyota and the other offerings I just think they and Toyota are playing out of their league. The big three have a lock on that segment

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a Nissan guy but Toyota has sold A LOT of pick up trucks. The only thing keeping Ford alive is their pick up, yet they abandoned the Ranger in the US market. I wonder who drove them away from that segment that they once ruled, LOL. They have been making Rangers elsewhere since. Supposedly they are bringing it back. They are abandoing the Mexican made Fusion too. Same for Dodge / Chrysler. Nissan already owns a nice peice of the mid size market with the Altima and Rogue.They sold over 400,000 Rogues in 2017 and 250,000 Altimas.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tpr1634 View Post
    I think they should concentrate on the mid size market and compete with Toyota and the other offerings I just think they and Toyota are playing out of their league. The big three have a lock on that segment

I have a 2016 Pro 4X Frontier I bought brand new. I went with Nissan because over the long haul I know it’s the most reliable mid size truck made. Frontiers have been unchanged for many years & all the bugs are worked out. Truck has been 100% problem free. Bed comes Line X’ed with cleats & bed extender. Toyo comes with neither.

Ford & GM - forget it. I’m sure they trump the Japanese in size & power - but I used to wrench for a living for Ford & wouldn’t own any American vehicle. Pretty sure Ford can’t even give their cars away - I think they are going to stop making most cars. Why would the trucks be made any better?

Only midsize I considered was a Frontier or a Taco. The Tacos has all sorts of transmission headaches & complaints of lack of power. Plus, they were like $10k more & couldn’t match Nissans Pro4 X option package. Old Tacos were great - today’s; not so much.

So, if I had need for a full-size truck - it would be a Titan.

7. Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have an 14 Armada and love it. Before we had a 11 Murano and really loved it. Only thing I don't care for with Nissan's is the resale is absolutely garbage compared to anything, they just don't hold their value but in all other regards they are superb.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I have a 2016 Pro 4X Frontier I bought brand new. I went with Nissan because over the long haul I know it’s the most reliable mid size truck made. Frontiers have been unchanged for many years & all the bugs are worked out. Truck has been 100% problem free. Bed comes Line X’ed with cleats & bed extender. Toyo comes with neither.

Ford & GM - forget it. I’m sure they trump the Japanese in size & power - but I used to wrench for a living for Ford & wouldn’t own any American vehicle. Pretty sure Ford can’t even give their cars away - I think they are going to stop making most cars. Why would the trucks be made any better?

Only midsize I considered was a Frontier or a Taco. The Tacos has all sorts of transmission headaches & complaints of lack of power. Plus, they were like $10k more & couldn’t match Nissans Pro4 X option package. Old Tacos were great - today’s; not so much.

So, if I had need for a full-size truck - it would be a Titan.
    The Frontier is a nice mid size truck. Guess 2019 will be a redesign...2019 Nissan Frontier Redesign | Reviews, Specs, Interior, Release Date and Prices The Ranger is close to being on the lots. You can build and pre order one at our Ford dealer. As Swanicyouth mentioned, Nissan does little touches that matter. Bed liner, mud guards etc. My Xterra is basically the same platform as the Frontier. And it has been a great vehicle.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to get back into a mid-sized truck again, previously had a Taco and loved it, but with a growing family the backseat is just too small (on almost all mid-sized trucks). I wish they would had about 4 inches of legroom in most of these mid-sized trucks, if they did, I'd be on the hunt tomorrow.