autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,265
    Post Thanks / Like

    SEMA 2018 Roll Call - Who's Going?

    Just as the title states. Who's going to SEMA? Where are you staying? What would you like to see introduced at the show this year?

    I've gone every year since 2011. Last year was my first year going as a 'spectator.' It was a very different experience to walk the show instead of working the show. It had its pros and its cons. One of the cons of walking the show was being able to spend more time than I should have at Honda's beautiful display. It was so effective, in fact, that the weekend after returning home from the show I bought, you guessed it, a new Honda! My goal this year, besides reconnecting with old and new friends, is to avoid the Honda booth.

    One of the GREAT things about the SEMA show is being able to put a face to a name. So, who's going?
    Last edited by Nick McKees37; 09-05-2018 at 01:37 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    14,340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: SEMA 2018 Roll Call - Who's Going?

    What, no McKee's 37 Booth?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Aaryn NZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: SEMA 2018 Roll Call - Who's Going?

    Would love to be there & maybe one day I'll actually go. Be good to catch up too Nick, its been a while. A couple of Kiwis are attending that I know of - the guys from (owners) United Car Care NZ/OCDetailing are heading over this year . . . a bit jealous but Detail Fest & SEMA in the same year . . . . nope.

    As for 'introductions' - I think first off I'd like to see some innovation on the health & safety side of our industry - such as comfortable dust masks, vibration resistant gloves etc, that kind of thing. Stuff we take a little for granted most of the time & I know alot of this is already available but 'comfort' being the key here because us detailers are exposed to these hazards for long periods of time.

    Tools!!! I like tools. Anything to make things easier or yield better results.

    Stay clear of the Honda both Nick & have a blast mate.


    Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

  4. Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post
    Likes fly07sti liked this post
  5. #4
    Junior Member Scott V @ LCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: SEMA 2018 Roll Call - Who's Going?

    Hello Nick,

    Vice Versa. This year will be the first year that I will be working the show instead of walking it. Make sure you stop by the Lake Country Manufacturing booth and say hello to everyone.

    Scott V
    Scott Voelz - Account Executive



  6. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
  7. #5
    Senior Member Cruzscarwash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Desert of California
    Posts
    2,370
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: SEMA 2018 Roll Call - Who's Going?

    I registered but the time frame always kills me since I have kids and Halloween is you know a big deal for them still. So I might just make it one day, mayyyybe two. I'm for sure going to have a plan of booths to hit and not just walk around aimlessly.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  8. #6
    Senior Member LSNAutoDetailing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    3,224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: SEMA 2018 Roll Call - Who's Going?

    Probably not going to make it this year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Paul_G www.lsnautodetail.com IDA CD-SV

  9. #7
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,265
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: SEMA 2018 Roll Call - Who's Going?

    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    What, no McKee's 37 Booth?
    Not until 2021. Understandably, Bob has an agreement with Autogeek that McKee's 37 will not participate in such events until his non-compete has expired. Until then, we will continue to support Autogeek at such events.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    Would love to be there & maybe one day I'll actually go. Be good to catch up too Nick, its been a while. A couple of Kiwis are attending that I know of - the guys from (owners) United Car Care NZ/OCDetailing are heading over this year . . . a bit jealous but Detail Fest & SEMA in the same year . . . . nope.

    As for 'introductions' - I think first off I'd like to see some innovation on the health & safety side of our industry - such as comfortable dust masks, vibration resistant gloves etc, that kind of thing. Stuff we take a little for granted most of the time & I know alot of this is already available but 'comfort' being the key here because us detailers are exposed to these hazards for long periods of time.

    Tools!!! I like tools. Anything to make things easier or yield better results.

    Stay clear of the Honda both Nick & have a blast mate.


    Aaryn NZ.
    I'm looking forward to the day that I see you there Aaryn!

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott V @ LCM View Post
    Hello Nick,

    Vice Versa. This year will be the first year that I will be working the show instead of walking it. Make sure you stop by the Lake Country Manufacturing booth and say hello to everyone.

    Scott V
    You got it Scott.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    I registered but the time frame always kills me since I have kids and Halloween is you know a big deal for them still. So I might just make it one day, mayyyybe two. I'm for sure going to have a plan of booths to hit and not just walk around aimlessly.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I'll keep an eye out for you, Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    Probably not going to make it this year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shucks. 2019's show will be here before you know it.

  10. #8
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,265
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: SEMA 2018 Roll Call - Who's Going?



    Where's everyone staying? My wife and I will be staying at the TRUMP.




    The SEMA show presents a great opportunity to put a face to a name. If you see me at the show, please do not hesitate to say hello.

  11. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    14,340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: SEMA 2018 Roll Call - Who's Going?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick McKees37 View Post
    Not until 2021. Understandably, Bob has an agreement with Autogeek that McKee's 37 will not participate in such events until his non-compete has expired. Until then, we will continue to support Autogeek at such events.
    But Autogeek doesn't seem to have a booth either.

  12. #10
    Member Hllywd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: SEMA 2018 Roll Call - Who's Going?

    Wife and I will be there. I'll be the one with the neck brace on.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Roll Call - What's your real first name?
    By Mike Phillips in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 1809
    Last Post: 07-12-2019, 01:15 AM
  2. SEMA Roll Call - Who's going to SEMA?
    By Mike Phillips in forum Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions!
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-26-2015, 02:12 PM
  3. Roll Call! Who has a bada** muscle car?
    By tunakiller in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 10-09-2015, 12:39 PM
  4. Autogeek Mustang Roll Call ?
    By SON1C in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 234
    Last Post: 05-20-2014, 06:43 AM
  5. 2009 SEMA Show Roll Call
    By Dwayne in forum Company & Forum News Headlines
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 02:34 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» December 2019

S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31 1234