autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lower Back Pain

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Lower Back Pain

Hey guys. Need some advice. I recently purchased a 2015 BMW M235xi and after a while my lower back starts to hurt. I am coming from SUVs for the past 6 years so the seat is definitely a new concept to me since I'm sitting more flat than when in an SUV. I also wonder if its from getting in and out from such a low car? My GF has a camry and I don't have any back issues with that. I also sit all day at work but I try and get up and walk/stretch for a little bit throughout the day. I have tried several different seat positions, even tried to follow one of those "how to properly sit in a car seat" videos. It seems like the main issue might be that the butt part of the seat is too stiff. I was debating on trying to get a butt cushion and see if that helps. I'm open to suggestions. As a side note I actually sat in the passenger seat for 4hrs with no real issues. So there has to be a fix to this.

I'm only 27 I'm not old and broken yet... or atleast my back isn't! Help!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lower Back Pain

It got to the point that I could almost not drive my corolla cause the seats were so bad. I got one of these from amazon and that was the end of my lower back pain from driving that car. Maybe it will do the trick for you.
    Im going to just put the ASIN as I imagine I can't put a link in this forum, heck ill try anyway - here's the link
    Amazon.com: LoveHome Memory Foam Lumbar Support Back Cushion With 3D Mesh Cover Balanced Firmness Designed for Lower Back Pain Relief- Ideal Back Pillow for Computer/Office Chair, Car Seat, Recliner etc. - Black: Home & Kitchen
    and the asin is
    B00D5J7SL2

3. Likes Daven75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kage65 View Post
    It got to the point that I could almost not drive my corolla cause the seats were so bad. I got one of these from amazon and that was the end of my lower back pain from driving that car. Maybe it will do the trick for you.
    Im going to just put the ASIN as I imagine I can't put a link in this forum, heck ill try anyway - here's the link
    Amazon.com: LoveHome Memory Foam Lumbar Support Back Cushion With 3D Mesh Cover Balanced Firmness Designed for Lower Back Pain Relief- Ideal Back Pillow for Computer/Office Chair, Car Seat, Recliner etc. - Black: Home & Kitchen
    and the asin is
    B00D5J7SL2
    So I've tried adjusting the lumbar and it seems like it hits too high, even at the lowest setting, so this might help. That's also why I was thinking a butt pillow might help, raise me up a hair along with adding some padding.

Post Thanks / Like

27.. Exact age I had lumbar laminectomy.

Post Thanks / Like

I got rid of my 2008 Impala because of the seats and bought a 2010 Accord,,,,way much better,, but the worn out seat on my 3/4 ton pickup is the most comfortable
    “I have trouble with names and faces, but I never forget a car.”

Post Thanks / Like

try a seat pillow or lumbar pad...
    bmws are nice cars..but like some lexus sedans ive been in, the seats are rock hard

8. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the late reply guys! I'll give all your suggestions a shot but it may ultimately come down to me replacing the bmw with something else :[ sadly.

Post Thanks / Like

Sitting in ANY seat too long will become uncomfortable.

I drive for a Ford dealer. This means making swaps. Sometimes 9+ hours of driving a day.

I picked up a top of the line King Ranch F-150 from northern Vermont last month. Air conditioned, power lumbar, massaging seats and all.

Great features, but even with all that, sitting in that seat for almost 5 hours was starting to get uncomfortable.

Just my two cents.........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

When properly executed:
    Low-Back Squats, and Deadlifts
    will take care of that lower back pain.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

12. Likes Finick, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stretching...yoga. it sounds dumb but I'm only 30 and have 4 herniated discs. I can squat and deadlift still without issue but if I don't stretch before and after I cannot. Also head posture is a big deal for low back pain. Between my stretching making sure I have good posture it has fixed my problems. I'm sure the seat is not up to your satisfaction as well. Car seats are like beds, if it isnt comfortable your aren't happy. Considering a bed is for resting you should wake feeling rested. A seat should be similar, if its causing pain and discomfort something has to change.

Anyways that's my story, hope you liked it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast