autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Kids, an unconditional love

So for Father’s Day with auto geeks 20% off sale I decided to finally splurged on a few items and purchase a new Montana triangle boars hair brush for quickie washes on my cars (mainly my 2500hd)

Lately my five-year-old daughter Abigail loves spending time with her daddy when i wash my cars and I always let her do things that aren’t so important like my work truck or my wife’s RAV4 which I don’t really care about proper wash techniques since my wife isn’t too critical like me

Today for the first time I bust out my new boars hair brush and abigail wants to try it, so I told her whatever you do do not drop it on the ground! put it right back in the bucket and she looks at me and says daddy I promise I won’t drop it!

So She starts scrubbing the paint with the brush and is walking next to the car scrubbing when she Trips on the garden hose, falls and scraps her knee and in a slow motion I watch My brand new $130 brush land half in the dirt and on the driveway...... of course she’s crying like crazy and I am freaking out over my brush while comforting her....

Ugh, kids.....unconditional love , I guess my brand new brush is going to soak in a bucket of water for a while. I got all of about 5 minutes of use trying my new brush before it hit the floor! Not a very good start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2. Likes derass, Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kids, an unconditional love

Small stuff.

I have a friend who’s daughter has cancer.

Have to keep small stuff in perspective

4. Thanks custmsprty thanked for this post
    Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post

Absolutely!

It’s funny because I have multiple vehicles and i always try to squeeze my Camaro in before she figures out what I am doing, because once she figures it out Then i am racing to at least get the Camaro (daddy’s yellow car) done so she can then help with the other vehicles

I couldn’t imaging what your friend is going through with their child fighting cancer... I lost a few friends to cancer

David

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    Small stuff.

I have a friend who’s daughter has cancer.

Me too, my bosses 21 year son has been battling Luekemia for 2 + years.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

My 3 year old daughter loves helping with whatever it is we’re doing. Haven’t done a car wash with her yet, mainly because I’m usually sneaking them in while she’s napping. She has helped with touching up mirror drips after the cars are back in the garage (she loves any chance to use a spray bottle).

I’ve gotta get her in on the next wash on my car. Worst case, it’s due for a correction anyway, and I’m planning on encouraging her to keep helping with everything as long as she’s showing interest.

And as others have pointed out, there are plenty reasons to be grateful for that time together - dirty brush or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, when you’re near something like that it’s a shock. For the parents, it’s consuming. And devastating.

OP, I didn’t mean to hijack your thread and I wasn’t really directing my comment at you specifically. You kind of made a lead in to a concept that’s important to keep in mind. I know as a parent I always had this in the back of my mind. I think it creates a calmness in dealing with day to day issues that in the long run really are ‘small stuff’.

Post Thanks / Like

Mend her knee and get another brush. Encourage her to spend as much time with you as possible. Perhaps you can put her on your shoulders and let her wash the roof. She will get a kick out that.

10. Likes Frank70 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For what it’s worth; my Montana boars hair brush is like.. idk, 8 or 9 years old? I can’t count the number of times it’s been used by others who have either set it down on its bristles (why anyone would do that just blows my mind) or used it for disgusting tasks.

It rinses clean of pretty much everything I’ve ever had get on it (even pancake batter and baby oil came off the bristles.) I don’t think there’s any reason to replace yours, just rinse it out, wait until it dries, and then work the bristles with your hand. Anything left in them will (ime) fall right out.

Post Thanks / Like

Original post withdrawn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    For what it’s worth; my Montana boars hair brush is like.. idk, 8 or 9 years old? I can’t count the number of times it’s been used by others who have either set it down on its bristles (why anyone would do that just blows my mind) or used it for disgusting tasks.

It rinses clean of pretty much everything I’ve ever had get on it (even pancake batter and baby oil came off the bristles.)
    I’m not even sure if I should ask, since this is a family friendly forum and all...

14. Likes PaulMys, Misterpaul liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast