autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pulled the trigger on my first mods for the EB Mustang (not detailing related)

That's gonna be awesome, Paul!!

I was thinking of getting a tune when I first bought my truck, but instead I got the pedal commander module. Instant throttle response for the Hemi is incredible.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pulled the trigger on my first mods for the EB Mustang (not detailing related)

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    LOL... Then I guess you got a GT350 when you bought the GT350 air box!!! LOL You're a lucky guy... I'd love to hear that Flat plain crank at around 7000 rpm's
    LOL. Yes, Ford threw in the airbox. I want to hear the flat plane crank at 8,250 rpms! I only have 450 miles on it so I've been short shifting between 5 and 6K rpms until I get a thousand miles on it. I am changing the oil at that point too. 10 quarts of 5W-50

3. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    LOL. Yes, Ford threw in the airbox. I want to hear the flat plane crank at 8,250 rpms! I only have 450 miles on it so I've been short shifting between 5 and 6K rpms until I get a thousand miles on it. I am changing the oil at that point too. 10 quarts of 5W-50
    What's the bhp on that engine, Chris?

Post Thanks / Like

Let the mods begin!!! Keep us posted on how much of a difference they make!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    What's the bhp on that engine, Chris?
    The GT350 is a 5.2 Flat-Plane Crank with a redline of 8250 RPM's... 526 HP and 429 Ft/LB Torque. It is a true track beast... 2018 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Sports Car | Model Details | Ford.com
    With the advent of the magnetic ride dampeners, independent rear suspension, and the Voodoo engine, this thing was built for auto-course lap times that rival super-cars.

7. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, WaxMaster1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Let the mods begin!!! Keep us posted on how much of a difference they make!
    Thanks Scott! I'm sure after the Magnaflow's go on it will sound like a "poor mans Porsche"

Post Thanks / Like

The GT350 is a 5.2 Flat-Plane Crank with a redline of 8250 RPM's... 526 HP and 429 Ft/LB Torque. It is a true track beast... 2018 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Sports Car | Model Details | Ford.com
    With the advent of the magnetic ride dampeners, independent rear suspension, and the Voodoo engine, this thing was built for auto-course lap times that rival super-cars.
    Incredible.

10. Likes WaxMaster1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Scott! I'm sure after the Magnaflow's go on it will sound like a "poor mans Porsche"
    I have a buddy with a 2017 EB Mustang with the Magnaflow competition I believe, and it sounds great. I had a 987 Cayman S and recently drove one of the new 718 and did not like the way THAT one sounded at all. Yours will sound much better.

12. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, nice to see some of the mods going on the mustangs. Not sure what is more addicting, detailing stuff or performance stuff. Not sure on the EB, but on 5.0s, removing the resonators with either the GT500, Borla touring, or one of the magnflow mufflers had the best sound...low, deep rumble with no drone.
    Recently upgraded the brakes. Suspension, wheels, exhaust, blower mod's so far. Shifter is next. Clutch is still hanging tough.

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE:

Picked the car up yesterday and WOW is all I can say. The installer said I need to put a few hundred miles on the car so the computer can calibrate through the system. Luckily he said that doesn't have to happen in one drive, but over time.

Right off the bat, dropping the big box resonator and going right to the cat-back system is huge weight savings. Secondly the exhaust sounds exactly like I envisioned in my head. A nice deep turbo roar, and while it's loud, it's not overbearing, especially when cruising down the road. I mean, it's a sports car after all...

The tune so far is pretty amazing, huge throttle response difference... Instantly the gas pedal felt different, more touchy... the gear shifts (automatic) are A LOT better, especially between 1st and 2nd. With out the tune there was a weird lag in shifts between 1st and 2nd, I can't explain it but I would always coax the car with "ok, you can shift now....", that is now GONE! It bangs right through all the gears and knows even to hold in gear depending on throttle position... It's not trying to quickly get to 6th like it used to... I'm sure I'm paying for it in fuel economy, but... It's a Mustang after all.

Torque is quite noticeable in gain, certainly getting 0-60 pr 0-80 is crazy quick. I jumped on the freeway, looked down at my speedo and didn't even realize I was near 90mph. That's SCARY!!! I quickly backed off... Don't want to meet Mr. Policeman...

I'll say this... I own a Mustang GT, and this EB. The EB always put a grin on my face, but now it puts a huge smile on my face. I feel it's at a point where I could potentially get into serious trouble, therefor, I don't see taking it past this as far as performance mods. Some on the eb forum has mentioned I should get a larger inter-cooler, but the entire bumper cover has to come off for that...

Anyway, I'll report back after we hit a couple of hundred miles and see if there is any more to report... Hopefully not from behind bars! LOL

15. Likes Hammer77, BudgetPlan1, PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast