autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Webuilder and hosting recommendations - expiring soon!

I just did my first website using Wix. It is pretty user friendly and I think I am paying $16 per month. It's very easy to update etc.

Here is the site:

Auto detailing|Delaware|Only Z Best Detailing
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Webuilder and hosting recommendations - expiring soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Have you tested your site using different platforms?

In Google Chrome, your menu doesn't show. I tried your site with Microsoft Edge and I can see the menu there.

Might be issues with other platforms too. You should try it on mobile and tablets to make sure everything is set up properly.
    Prior to publishing live I tested in Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Explorer. Both on Win 10 and 7, IOS. All looked the same.

I did notice that the menu in the header DOES not scale. So if you shrink the window it may not show up. I have to call go daddy on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    Prior to publishing live I tested in Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Explorer. Both on Win 10 and 7, IOS. All looked the same.

I did notice that the menu in the header DOES not scale. So if you shrink the window it may not show up. I have to call go daddy on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Correction, it does scale... (Chrome, IE, Edge, Firefox...) If you shrink your window size, the tags on the header change to a mobile appearance by putting the three lines on the left.
    Meaning, on a desktop, the sizing of the browser window controls or changes the appearance from a desktop version to a mobile version. Genius!

Also, for those that aren't aware, Go Daddy has s thing called SmartLine. It's a app you download to your smart phone and it is assigned a phone number, $3.99 per month for 100 minutes or $9.99 per month unlimited minutes, texts and it has it's own voice mail.

This way you can keep your cell number private and have a separate number for your business. I like it because my Cell number is from Boston (617) and we live in AZ. So I have been asked, why do I have a Boston number on my website. With Smartline I can keep the two separate and just give folks the business number. Genius again!

Post Thanks / Like

I just did some quick tests.

The menu doesn't show no matter if I am full screen or if I put the site in a window and change the size.

I am using Chrome : Version 66.0.3359.181 (Build officiel) (64 bits)

I am using Windows 10 Pro, and my monitor is set at FULL HD right now (1920 X 1080)

Hope you find the issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    I just did some quick tests.

The menu doesn't show no matter if I am full screen or if I put the site in a window and change the size.

I am using Chrome : Version 66.0.3359.181 (Build officiel) (64 bits)

I am using Windows 10 Pro, and my monitor is set at FULL HD right now (1920 X 1080)

Hope you find the issue.
    Thanks Calendyr, I'll have to mention it to Go Dadddy.. Here is what I tested

Laptop1 running Win 7, Google Chrome, IE and Firefox = No issues
    Laptop2 running Win10, Google Chrome, Edge and Firefox = No Issues
    Laptop3 running Win7, Google Chrome, IE and Firefox = No issues
    Computer #4 - Citrix Zen Desktop (In my Colorado Data Center) Win7: IE, Firefox and Chrome = No issues
    Computer #5 - MacBook (5 years old) - unsupported version of Chrome, 5 year old version of Safari and latest Fire Fox = No issues
    Computer #6 iMac (ELEVEN YEARS OLD) - unsupported version of Chrome = No issues; Unsupported Firefox = No Issues; Outdated 11 year old version of Safarii = I was able to replicate the issue you have
    iPad - Safari = No issues
    iPhone 1 = Safari & Chrome = No issues
    iPhone 2 = Safari & Chrome = No issues

The only way I was able to replicate the issue you're reporting was firing up a Mid-2007 Intel iMac, last updated in 2011.

My suggestion is to clear your cache & cookies - Aside from that unless more users report issues, I'm going to have to say it may be your system bro, maybe Customs Agents are confiscating packets at the boarder! Thanks for helping me trouble shoot! If we want to continue more troubleshooting, we can take this "off-line" to a PM and spare the rest of the community..

============================
    UPDATE: I called Go Daddy, they said this issue occurs within the first 24 to 48 hours of a new website going live. Propagation across DNS servers all over the world need to propagation. I found this neat site "whatsmydns.net" and all the IP's MUST be the same in every country. If they're not, that means DNS servers are still updating all the records, and looks like mine are still in transition. So, put on 2112, A Farewell to Kings, followed up by Hemispheres then check back!

Post Thanks / Like

Very strange... maybe I have a popup blocker installed on Chrome and the menu is considered a pop-up?

Really don't know what else it could be. Hopefully I am the only one having that issue with your site.

Post Thanks / Like

I know one more reliable hostng service, if you still need this info.

Mike Phillips

First - because this is your first post to our forum,

Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

I approved your pending account this morning.

If you recently joined the forum - all pending account approved - spammers removed

Quote Originally Posted by Sully788 View Post

I know one more reliable hostng service, if you still need this info.

Second - Anytime I see a BRAND NEW MEMBER make their FIRST POST and it's to an older thread, (this one is from 2018), and especially when the reply is NOT car detailing related, my Spidy Senses go off and I think they may be a Spammer.

I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyway, this thread is about hosting recommendations, so I can suggest one, maybe it'll be useful. When I was creating my website for the first time in my life, I thought that I'd never deal with it properly. However,

Spam link removed -Mike

helped me a lot. They helped me to choose the best appropriate for my site hosting and in general explained how it works. So, I'm really grateful. By the way, they have best web hostings in different countries, so it'll be useful not only for one specific country.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Sully788 View Post
    Anyway, this thread is about hosting recommendations, so I can suggest one, maybe it'll be useful. When I was creating my website for the first time in my life, I thought that I'd never deal with it properly. However,

Spam link removed -Mike

helped me a lot. They helped me to choose the best appropriate for my site hosting and in general explained how it works. So, I'm really grateful. By the way, they have best web hostings in different countries, so it'll be useful not only for one specific country.
    Yeah, the website you linked to is an Affiliate Site - you're gone....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12