autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Body shop recommendation

Hello all, unfortunately yesterday someone pulled over on my car while I was running errands after work I was going along on a road with two opposing lanes and a center turn lane ironically the asshat was pulling out of the swirl tunnel and pulled right out past center into my lane like he was trying to run me into the curb our vehicles contacted when he came into my lane they continued to contact it was like the guy didnt know he was hitting my car. Now of course the side that was hit was the one I compounded and polished them hit with 915 he couldn't of hit the side I just tried cleaner wax on... enough about that I came here to ask if anyone knows a trust worthy body shop my insurance said I can get an estimate from anywhere but I don't have any personal experience with any shops and I'm very leary of getting poor quality repairs, I'm in the north MS Desoto county area. I'm also worried they'll total the car cause it's old. 2000 Lexus gs300 black. Also I have not been able to get pics loaded from mobile yet. Thanks
    Last edited by infosponge; 05-11-2018 at 07:42 AM. Reason: typos

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Body shop recommendation

Or if anyone local has any shops that I should avoid to narrow the list down?

Post Thanks / Like

Well I got an estimate they'll probably end up totaling out the vehicle the estimate was over the KBB Value. Won't know for a bit though.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably going to total out the vehicle. Seems to be the way insurance companies operate. Have you thought about purchasing the vehicle from the insurance company and having it repaired? You might come out ahead. Sounds like the damage was mostly cosmetic. Some body shops can do amazing work and if you tell them you are paying cash you can sometimes get a sizable discount. We have several body shops in my town, but the quality varies greatly from shop to shop. Look for shop cleanliness as an indicator of the job they will do on your car. Take a look at their paint booth, if it looks like crap go to a different shop. Good luck.

5. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have thought about the buy back option, though ill have to find out the details as far how it works. Thanks for the paint booth idea, I will most definitely take a walk thru if I that ends up being the route taken.

Thanks for the reply

Post Thanks / Like

Ask around. When my wife got a dent in her Jeep in the grocery store parking lot (thank you, you hit & run scum bag......), I went to my dealer and asked who they used or would recommend.

They knew exactly where to go. It was in another town about 30 minutes away, but the work they did was phenomenal. When I brought her Jeep in for the guy to look at, I peeked around the shop, and it looked as clean as a hospital in there.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the vehicle has been deemed a total loss, so I will be doing the repair myself. I do want to note though that the insurance company did indeed comment on the great condition of my vehicle over all and the paint work specifically! They informed me that they did in-fact add value to the car based on that. I will be keeping the car and getting the title rebuilt.