autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Joining the military!

Well done! Keep your chin up and your mouth shut.....you'll be just fine.
    Navy Vet 1968-1972
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Breese147 View Post
    Thank you all!i am going Into the Army. My ASVAB score was alright(84) but I all my line scores(COMBAT,Gen Tech,ETC) we’re above 120.I qualified for 36 jobs but ending up choosing 11x due to my ultimate goal of earning a SPECIAL FORCES tab later down the line. For now I am focusing on the 25 meter target getting through basic,while graduating hopefully at the top of my class.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    84?!! That score will get you anything you want. Damn! Special Forces! Hoorah! 25 Meters is easy with Iron Sights...but my guess you will rock that too! Again, thank you for serving and rock on!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone that joins our great military should be praised for their commitment and dedication to the greatest Country on this earth.

Congratulations for joining the ranks of the truly greatest Americans of all...........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Thanks LSNAutoDetailing thanked for this post
    Likes custmsprty, VISITOR, LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your service!! GOOD LUCK!!

Post Thanks / Like

As a Marine Special Operations radio operator I worked with the 82nd, 101st, and 75 Rangers. I can tell you the friends you will make in the Special Operations units will stay with you for ever! I still talk (on FB) to over a dozen guys from my unit and am pretty close (not geographically) with 3 or 4. Since you have that as your goal Im sure you will like it even more than I did. Thank you for your service
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    As a Marine Special Operations radio operator I worked with the 82nd, 101st, and 75 Rangers. I can tell you the friends you will make in the Special Operations units will stay with you for ever! I still talk (on FB) to over a dozen guys from my unit and am pretty close (not geographically) with 3 or 4. Since you have that as your goal Im sure you will like it even more than I did. Thank you for your service
    So very true. Not only will you make great friends, but the men and women who break into the SOF world are truly exceptional. Over my career, I floated in/out of Joint SOF world multiple times and the people whether operators or mission support are fantastic. Everything from the work ethic to operations pace to mission sets make going to work every day highly rewarding.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your service! Stay safe!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the wonderful comments I have made it past basic training and I am currently on family day weekend. Infantry basic training is no joke we do a lot of different training events compared to other MOS’ . So far I’ve met plenty of people that I’m sure I will stay in touch the rest of my military Career. My highest shooting score was alright, I hit 37/40 targets on the range. We had 1 person in the company shoot a 40/40 but he is getting recycled because he can’t keep up PT scores. Still haven’t hit a perfect 300 PT score right now I am at a 270. (72 PU, 59 SU, 11:54 run)

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all so I meant to send that above message during family day weekend but I ended focusing on family rather than my phone that weekend! But I have since then been stationed in Germany for the past 3 weeks! Big transition and never thought I would be overseas as my first duty station but making the most of it. I have talked to an SF recruiter since arriving and have found out that I can drop a SF packet at the age of 20. (Something my recruiter told me wasn’t possible) so I will be getting stronger mentally and then physically for the next 4-5 months and then I plan to drop my packet around January.

12. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on graduating on BMTS! You made through the more difficult stuff... Great first assignment!!!! Been there many times.

USAF does it a little different, we go through BMTS then go right off the tech-school, no leave in between (the length of tech-school depends on the MOS or as we say AFSC). The idea is, get them into technical training while their minds are still jelly from basic. LOL. Only after graduating tech-school does one get to go home on leave, but it's at tech-school where we get our first duty assignment orders. It was a very exciting 8 years of active duty, and I got to travel a lot! I wouldn't change a thing...

Congrats! Keep in touch and let us know how you're doing.

14. Likes PaulMys, Breese147 liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast