autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How do these wheels look on my Car?

Should I get these wheels for my car? Would the blue look better or black? Any suggestion would be great!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How do these wheels look on my Car?-img_4457-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do these wheels look on my Car?

Honestly, I'm not a fan of black wheels because they tend to hide the design on the wheels and makes the wheel wells look like a dark featureless hole in the side of the car. I've seen some really amazing wheels where the design was impossible to really see because they were painted black.

My vote would be for the blue, or maybe gray or gunmetal color if you want to get away from traditional silver. All IMHO of course, aesthetics are a very personal thing.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

3. Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Volks!! I would go with a lighter color as well so that you can actually see the wheel pattern. If I was to go with a dark color rims, I would want a polished lip.

5. Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the wheels. If you want to stay in that area of the color spectrum, go with a graphite, or gunmetal. That way you don't hide the design, but still have a darker appearance that's not so flashy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Autogeekonline mobile app

7. Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree that black wheels don't make sense to me. Like was said black tire black wheel, looks like a black hole. Why spend money on wheels that you can't hardly see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Honestly, I'm not a fan of black wheels because they tend to hide the design on the wheels and makes the wheel wells look like a dark featureless hole in the side of the car. I've seen some really amazing wheels where the design was impossible to really see because they were painted black.

My vote would be for the blue, or maybe gray or gunmetal color if you want to get away from traditional silver. All IMHO of course, aesthetics are a very personal thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by zero4 View Post
    Nice Volks!! I would go with a lighter color as well so that you can actually see the wheel pattern. If I was to go with a dark color rims, I would want a polished lip.
    Quote Originally Posted by subyfan View Post
    Love the wheels. If you want to stay in that area of the color spectrum, go with a graphite, or gunmetal. That way you don't hide the design, but still have a darker appearance that's not so flashy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    I totally agree that black wheels don't make sense to me. Like was said black tire black wheel, looks like a black hole. Why spend money on wheels that you can't hardly see.
    I thought so as well so I guess black is out of the question. Any other wheels you would recommend? Probably going to go for HRE, VOLKS OR BBS. Also, you guys don't like dark wheels but how about the mag blue wheels on the picture?

Post Thanks / Like

I'll wear two different hats for my thoughts.

- Car Enthusiast Hat: The RC is an edgy, modern Japanese design that allows you to be more risky with both the wheel design and color and not look ridiculous. I don't mind the blue at all, and maybe a bronze or classy gold satin finish might work too if you want to be a little more daring.

- 40+ Year Old Hat: Putting colored wheel on my car would not fit my personality and I'd never do it. I'd choose a bronze or gray and enjoy looking at the more bold wheels on the younger guy's cars.

I really like BBS wheels and don't think there is a German car made that can't be improved by a nice set of BBS CH wheels. HRE's have some nice designs, but they have always been out of my reach, so I've not looked at them. I don't know anything about Volks. I'm currently running a set of OZ wheels on my GTI and really like them. They are fairly light, well made, and I like the fact I can see dozens of LMP2 cars running on the same style during the WEC season.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Sam View Post
    Should I get these wheels for my car? Would the blue look better or black? Any suggestion would be great!
    You really wanna know what i think of those wheels on that car.....

AWESOME! GO FOR IT!!

I like the blue because its dark enough and matte, this is key but on a white car like that, you can't go wrong with matte, dark bronze either. That wheel is in the wheel HOF!!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm casting another vote for gunmetal or smoky gray.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I'll wear two different hats for my thoughts.

- Car Enthusiast Hat: The RC is an edgy, modern Japanese design that allows you to be more risky with both the wheel design and color and not look ridiculous. I don't mind the blue at all, and maybe a bronze or classy gold satin finish might work too if you want to be a little more daring.

- 40+ Year Old Hat: Putting colored wheel on my car would not fit my personality and I'd never do it. I'd choose a bronze or gray and enjoy looking at the more bold wheels on the younger guy's cars.

I really like BBS wheels and don't think there is a German car made that can't be improved by a nice set of BBS CH wheels. HRE's have some nice designs, but they have always been out of my reach, so I've not looked at them. I don't know anything about Volks. I'm currently running a set of OZ wheels on my GTI and really like them. They are fairly light, well made, and I like the fact I can see dozens of LMP2 cars running on the same style during the WEC season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    You really wanna know what i think of those wheels on that car.....

AWESOME! GO FOR IT!!

I like the blue because its dark enough and matte, this is key but on a white car like that, you can't go wrong with matte, dark bronze either. That wheel is in the wheel HOF!!
    Thanks guys for the reply! I love these TE37 and yes I think my RC-F will suite good with any sets of wheels. My birthday is coming up and these are some expensive wheels that I must pay for!

So I narrowed it down to these wheels and probably not going for black wheels since it will be to dark, but we will see.

How about these wheels? I really like all these wheels and saw multiple pictures of them. Just so hard to decide!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How do these wheels look on my Car?-lm_db_db_4965992795121f7b0d37bc66e892b5144c3af4fa-jpg   How do these wheels look on my Car?-39766058735_544378b15e_o_ae2ec545adf5c3b84c8559ec0826421cf9d9c631-jpg   How do these wheels look on my Car?-16079148958_35a41b1939_o_c3570a78e12783eace632be61e852db8c1edee43-jpg   How do these wheels look on my Car?-0534378647-jpg  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast