autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do these wheels look on my Car?

Go to the tire rack website. The wheel section has an app that you pick out the wheels you like, and then enter your car make and color, and it shows you your car with the wheels you are looking at. I am a big BBS fan, so I like the BBS in gunmetal. They are not too hard to clean.

2. Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In post #10, I like the ones on the far right...can't make out the brand.

Since you are looking at some high dollar wheels like HRE's you might look at Vossen or Vorsteiner wheels too. On German cars I'm a fan of OZ, BBS, and Vorsteiner. VMR, which has been recommended already, has some good designs as well.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    If their forged, they're good. Are you just getting into cars by chance?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I modified a car before this but I did not spend much money on parts. My wheels were around 300 dollars each but they look great. Linea Corse LC818. Want some advice from not only clublexus, but other forums that I congregate in as well before I spend a shizload of money .

Quote Originally Posted by chet31 View Post
    These are big among BMW enthusiasts:

V710

I've used them without issue for 5+ years. I don't know if they'll fit your bolt pattern/offset. A set of 18's set me back about a grand 5 years ago.

Always tricky to know how they'll look on any given car, but I was able to see pics of them on my model through BMW forums. Maybe you could check out forums for your car, there will probably be threads "show us your wheels" type thing and you could see how different rims look on your car.
    I like the design of these wheels and my client has it on his Audi A6. Looks good but want to go something different and plus I don't want to spend around a grand on a 80k+ car.

Quote Originally Posted by rangerbay View Post
    Go to the tire rack website. The wheel section has an app that you pick out the wheels you like, and then enter your car make and color, and it shows you your car with the wheels you are looking at. I am a big BBS fan, so I like the BBS in gunmetal. They are not too hard to clean.
    Thanks for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    In post #10, I like the ones on the far right...can't make out the brand.

Since you are looking at some high dollar wheels like HRE's you might look at Vossen or Vorsteiner wheels too. On German cars I'm a fan of OZ, BBS, and Vorsteiner. VMR, which has been recommended already, has some good designs as well.
    I love the wheels as well they are from HRE. They cost around 2,000k a wheel which is out of my budget. I looked in to Vossen and although they make good designs, the quality of the wheels are not good.

I love Vorsteiner wheels and here are two options from them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How do these wheels look on my Car?-vorsteiner-sport-forged-wheel_32731843246_o-jpg   How do these wheels look on my Car?-vcs-001-page-hero-jpg  

5. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BC forged are a forged wheel made in Taiwan and are extremely well built for the money but are heavier than flow forged. I almost pulled the trigger for a set on my Audi as they will custom build any off set and will clear any brake setup. The best price I found was $3750 for the set. I ended up going with Vorsteiner 107's as I like the classic made modern look. I spent months trying to get a decent concave that would clear 6 piston calipers and were lighter weight and found that the 107 were a perfect fit. HRE, Vossen and BBS are all excellent choices as well.

How do these wheels look on my Car?-dsc06998-x3-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Mach those wheels go so well with the car. I was thinking of vorsteiners vff103 or 101 but can't decide yet...

Post Thanks / Like

In post 10 the bottom left one. The one in the original post has been out for a long time. Also, and this is just my opinion, I don't know how to describe it. It has kind of a bulky look to it. I think the bottom left one is a nice clean design for the car. Also easy to clean. Personally I would stay away from that mesh style, too hard to clean. It's really hard to clean the barrel. You really don't see the barrel on that one, but I know I would be trying to clean them. Also that bottom wheel is lighter weight, the less unsprung weight you have the better the ride quality.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    In post 10 the bottom left one. The one in the original post has been out for a long time. Also, and this is just my opinion, I don't know how to describe it. It has kind of a bulky look to it. I think the bottom left one is a nice clean design for the car. Also easy to clean. Personally I would stay away from that mesh style, too hard to clean. It's really hard to clean the barrel. You really don't see the barrel on that one, but I know I would be trying to clean them. Also that bottom wheel is lighter weight, the less unsprung weight you have the better the ride quality.
    Dave you are so right! Have not dwelled in to the cleaning aspect of the wheels. My client has the bbs lmr and they are very hard to clean,especially trying to get in to the barrel. I just got done paint correcting this m3 and had the vorsteiner wheels. I love the looks and concavity. I don't know how good flow forged wheels are or the brand vorsteiner but here is a picture of the wheels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How do these wheels look on my Car?-20180401_175753-jpg   How do these wheels look on my Car?-20180401_175837-jpg  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123