autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: We've lost a legend - Stephen Hawking dead at 76

I can assure you that there are things in this world and life that Hawkins had a hard time wrapping his mind around. He was a brilliant mind and I wish I could have sat down with him to just discuss every day things love, hope just humanity no science. We are all human and terribly flawed thus is why we were given a instruction manual and rule book to help us along the way. Yes Christianity is built on love and forgiveness but that's not everything. The biggest most single thing it's built on is faith and everyone has to start with that first step and sometimes we take the first step more then once.
    inDetail, "It's all in the details."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by inDetail View Post
    I can assure you that there are things in this world and life that Hawkins had a hard time wrapping his mind around. He was a brilliant mind and I wish I could have sat down with him to just discuss every day things love, hope just humanity no science. We are all human and terribly flawed thus is why we were given a instruction manual and rule book to help us along the way. Yes Christianity is built on love and forgiveness but that's not everything. The biggest most single thing it's built on is faith and everyone has to start with that first step and sometimes we take the first step more then once.
    I wonder if this atheist has changed his mind now that he’s passed on?

Post Thanks / Like

Religious arguments aside, (You know what they say about Religion/Politics debates in bars. re: forums) I think he was a brilliant man that overcame a horrible affliction to impact science in a positive way.

Also, his sense of humor allowed him to appear on TV sitcoms, and other media to use his computerized voice in a comedic setting.

Brilliant and honest man, IMO.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Likes FUNX650, DETAILROOKIE, custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Never understood how Christians can preach that no one can judge someone else but God, but they spend most of their day judging others. We are all imperfect, as god intended, and deserve forgiveness. I work for a hospice agency and see death way too often. No one should be judged by their religious beliefs and this man's legacy should be celebrated even if he did not believe there was a god. He was put on this earth for a reason, defied all odds, and lived 5 decades longer than doctors thought he would. May you rest in peace, Hawkins, and thank you for the tremendous information you passed on to the world.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

6. Likes SirTanon, custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    Never understood how Christians can preach that no one can judge someone else but God, but they spend most of their day judging others. We are all imperfect, as god intended, and deserve forgiveness. I work for a hospice agency and see death way too often. No one should be judged by their religious beliefs and this man's legacy should be celebrated even if he did not believe there was a god. He was put on this earth for a reason, defied all odds, and lived 5 decades longer than doctors thought he would. May you rest in peace, Hawkins, and thank you for the tremendous information you passed on to the world.

Amen to that!!
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post

Indeed.. Hawking even commented on this:

"Without imperfection, you or I would not exist"

9. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12