autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mini reviews: 303 Tire and Rubber cleaner, 303 Tire Balm and Gyeon Essence

Time will tell how it holds up but one coat not shiny. Just clean black. Hope for longevity from one coat, after that will lay more coats on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The 303 Tire Balm is very easy to apply. Looks fantastic. I like the way it feels too. Coating like.

Post Thanks / Like

Easy to apply but so far my impressions after using it on a few sets of tires is that it may be the equivalent of a water based tire gel. I don’t think I’m buying the coating thing

I put it on one tire of our van and drive through the rain and it looked crappy like any other water based dressing does after rain

Maybe it will get better. Put it on 4 michelins yesterday we’ll see how that goes.

Gotta clean the continentals on my car and try it this week as well. Rain is the true test right now

Post Thanks / Like

OK. I haven't driven in rainy weather yet. I was hoping it would last a month or so. I've applied 3 layers.

Post Thanks / Like

I just picked up a couple of bottles.

Hoping it’s got a little longevity for customers cars

Post Thanks / Like

2 coats has a better look IMO still not very glossy. Just a sheen I would call it

My wife took the van in the rain yesterday. Did around 40 miles in the rain. Tires look like garbage this morning when I checked. So 2 coats on cleaned Michelin tires didn’t last for us in 1 rain.

For the half price they were selling seems about right. It didn’t sling. Looks ok after two coats but hasn’t held up to rain on those tire. Would compare it to the average non slinging water based tire dressing so far.

My accord has two coats and it’s raining today lightly so it might get a little rain abuse I can monitor. Mine has the factory continental in 19”

7. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I’m not sure what to think of it so far.

I used it on one tire yesterday after a good cleaning. I tried using a paint brush to apply it and that didn’t work so well. Then went a grabbed a sponge and that was much better.

It went on similar to most other tire dressings and looked fine until I looked at it again later. Then you could definitely tell where I had already applied it with a brush before the sponge. I guess it had already cured some by the time I came back with the sponge and was darker and glossier in the brushed areas so that area basically got two coats.

Then I drove in the rain later and that killed it.

I did another tire with McKees at the same time and the rain had the same affect.

I don’t know if either really had time to set up or really cure because of the rainy weather. I’ll have to try again on a nicer day to see if that makes any difference.

Post Thanks / Like

So it looks like the 303 Tire Balm turned out to be a dud...

Post Thanks / Like

Almost used it today, but ran out of time. I guess it’s a good thing because it poured on and off on the way to and during a job I had this afternoon.

Post Thanks / Like

I call it no good on our Michelin equipped minivan. Looks ok with 2 coats as long as it doesn’t rain. Worth I guess the 5.50 it was on sale for half price. Tires look streaky and brown after that rain it went through. Redid them with some inexpensive Barrett Jackson tire shine I picked up at a close out store and they look a ton better I know it won’t last really either though

On our car, it has 19” continentals, and just saw wetness from road spray after rain no direct rain and it doesn’t look bad. Two coats and it has a dark look to it. Not the best look I have seen and quite frankly not as shiny as I like either. I like gloss. But Black is better than brown tires lol

Calling this stuff average. Nothing ground breaking or coating like qualities that were thrown around here.

I got 4 bottles of it on sale so now it will be used strictly on the continental tires on the car till it runs out long from now

Anyone else got any feedback on this stuff I can’t get much to last in LSP or tire stuff where I live, drive and park.

12. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast