autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Irritated the wife again (Detailing related).

Since my wife is disabled, I have to do all the shopping for the house. I went to Wal*Mart yesterday grocery shopping and after the awesome results of using the Mr Clean *Magic Eraser on my Camaro's windows, I bought ME a 4-pack (and a decent 3" paint brush to apply the Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel).

So I get home and my youngest unloads the car. As I'm unloading and putting the groceries away, the wife sees the Magic Erasers and said: "Oh good, we're almost out of those." I blinked for a second and said that if she would have put them "On The List," I would have picked up some for HER.

I got ......"THE LOOK."

"Why do you need those for you car?"

"Because I just used an old one you had to clean all the smoke film off the windows of our cars and it was awesome."

Again, "THE LOOK."

She totally quit smoking December 31, but her car DID smell of smoke and have the film on the windows until I hosed down the interior with Lysol and Febreeze and did the windows ... NOW she says it smells sweet in there and every time she gets in, it makes her hungry. LOL

She didn't say much about the paint brush, I've used them in detailing cars before, no shock there, but buying something SHE could use herself for house duty and having them strictly intended for auto detailing must have hit her: "Oh God, here he goes AGAIN." button.

She's over it now, but I was worried there for a minute.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

2. Thanks Mr blue thanked for this post
    Likes ronkh57, Klasse Act, SWETM, Frank70, PaulMys and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Irritated the wife again (Detailing related).

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    Cool story; and, who doesn’t
    like a happy ending...

Best Regards,

”Scrub Daddy”

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I have been a recipient of the "LOOK" from my grandmother, mother, wife and sister. That look can melt steel.

Post Thanks / Like

Well sir I get the look 4 times a week and double on holidays lol. The bad thing about it both of us are jerks so both of us has to have the last word. Our last fight was because I drunk whole jug of apple juice and she didn’t know there was another one in the fridge lol. So I feel your pain bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

If I'm in my car at a drive-thru and its raining, I'll sit there and dry off my door panel every 5 seconds with a microfiber towel so the rain doesn't leave spots...people look at me like I'm a crazy person LOL

Post Thanks / Like

After many years of "The Look" myself I have learned to say "just thought you might want some more".

And then promptly run back back to get the "sequestered" amount of ME's to hide with my detail stash!

Happy wife, happy life!

I feel your pain, brother Don.

Post Thanks / Like

careful Don, this "feel" could be the next "look"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    Since my wife is disabled, I have to do all the shopping for the house. I went to Wal*Mart yesterday grocery shopping and after the awesome results of using the Mr Clean *Magic Eraser on my Camaro's windows, I bought ME a 4-pack (and a decent 3" paint brush to apply the Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel).

So I get home and my youngest unloads the car. As I'm unloading and putting the groceries away, the wife sees the Magic Erasers and said: "Oh good, we're almost out of those." I blinked for a second and said that if she would have put them "On The List," I would have picked up some for HER.

I got ......"THE LOOK."

"Why do you need those for you car?"

"Because I just used an old one you had to clean all the smoke film off the windows of our cars and it was awesome."

Again, "THE LOOK."

She totally quit smoking December 31, but her car DID smell of smoke and have the film on the windows until I hosed down the interior with Lysol and Febreeze and did the windows ... NOW she says it smells sweet in there and every time she gets in, it makes her hungry. LOL

She didn't say much about the paint brush, I've used them in detailing cars before, no shock there, but buying something SHE could use herself for house duty and having them strictly intended for auto detailing must have hit her: "Oh God, here he goes AGAIN." button.

I trained my wife to order things like Magic Erasers off Amazon. Even if it costs a little more, it just shows up in a few days and it is all good. Amazon is not cheap but for most things it is not expensive, either. I used to hit Wal-Mart a lot but then I go lazy and started ordering everything for the house using Amazon Prime. Wal-Mart is good for heavy cheap stuff like some shampoos, soaps, etc. I still go there a lot but Amazon made our lives much easier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    I trained my wife to order things like Magic Erasers off Amazon. Even if it costs a little more, it just shows up in a few days and it is all good. Amazon is not cheap but for most things it is not expensive, either. I used to hit Wal-Mart a lot but then I go lazy and started ordering everything for the house using Amazon Prime. Wal-Mart is good for heavy cheap stuff like some shampoos, soaps, etc. I still go there a lot but Amazon made our lives much easier.
    If you buy generic melamine sponges, you can get 4 dozen for 12 dollars. The cheapest I saw for the branded ones is like 12 bucks for 8.

Granted most people won’t need 48... so storing them may be annoying, but they’re a good bit cheaper if you don’t mind not having the buff bald man smiling at you when you grab one.

There’s also a 20 pack of generic for 12 bucks.

I actually worked in a warehouse packing boxes for awhile, and part of me feels bad ordering all the stuff I do off amazon, but you just can’t beat the convenience sometimes Irritated the wife again (Detailing related).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Thanks Calendyr thanked for this post
    Likes Calendyr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    If you buy generic melamine sponges, you can get 4 dozen for 12 dollars. The cheapest I saw for the branded ones is like 12 bucks for 8.

Granted most people won’t need 48... so storing them may be annoying, but they’re a good bit cheaper if you don’t mind not having the buff bald man smiling at you when you grab one.

There’s also a 20 pack of generic for 12 bucks.

I actually worked in a warehouse packing boxes for awhile, and part of me feels bad ordering all the stuff I do off amazon, but you just can’t beat the convenience sometimes Irritated the wife again (Detailing related).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you very much for the tip. Never thought to buy generics.

13. Likes Finick liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast