autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yes, I bought a KIA

btw, how's she doing thus far Derek?

Post Thanks / Like

Kia Admits Stinger Successor Is In Doubt As Sales Didn't Live Up To Expectations | Carscoops

Not surprised really. Decent car but their go-to-market was doomed from day one IMO. The G70 is really nice but there too, I suspect it's not going to be around very long.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Too early to pull the plug IMO, have patience Yes, I bought a KIAYes, I bought a KIA

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Make it 2 doors....

Post Thanks / Like

They are very expensive. I went to the dealer to purchase one, but they do not have any rebates and their lease specials are abysmal. The salesperson even confessed it is hard to sell a person into buying a $50k Kia, even if it is one badass car.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

6. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Had this conversation with my buddy Hectour today and either one of could figure why someone would buy an Infiniti over the Stinger. I concluded it's because Infiniti has been around for almost 30 years and it's an established brand but one that around here atleast is the first to slip into the hands of those who, well, let's say seem to "free style without any taste" and that means depreciation. Out of the 3 LUX brands of the established Japanese companies, Lexus, Acura and Infiniti, the latter always seems to get the lowest rating in reliability. In closing this is why I say I wish and hope they would just keep their pants on and plug away, especially the Genesis G70, it's just incredible looking inside and out and I'm sure the reliability is going to be much better as wellYes, I bought a KIA

Post Thanks / Like

For 50 grand I don’t think America was ready for a 4 door Kia car at that price point

The average person isn’t wondering which would be faster at the ring or VIR or wherever

I’m pretty sure someone would pick a 3 series BMW or a c class Merc over a Kia of any level. It’s still considered an entry level brand by the public. I’m sure that’s all changing as time goes and the quality remains the brand is still building.

Cars are a tougher and tougher sell its the usual accord Camry choice. Or civic corolla choice. Then it’s straight to suv/cuv for most

Then the whole small group mostly knows if they want a mustang camaro or challenger the stinger isn’t stealing much share from those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The Stinger isn't the car for the person who shops for pony cars, I agree with that. The base Stinger GT w/AWD is $40K, not $50K and that certainly makes a difference in monthly payments and I'm sorry, you get more car than what you get with a 3 series or Merc. I'm not saying it's you but I buy a car, not a badge and hopefully at some point the public gets educated at some point.

10. Likes Jayfro, Mdjas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Had this conversation with my buddy Hectour today and either one of could figure why someone would buy an Infiniti over the Stinger.
    Branding.....I mean as nice as the Stinger is, it was a bad move to leave the Kia badge on it. The Genesis Branding is 200% better in image and marketing. That said, the cars are a far better value overall. My RedSport is fully loaded at $64k and leases out for dirt-cheap in comparison.

Buying or financing a NEW vehicle in this price range is flat-out a poor financial decision thus IMO a major factor as to why they aren't selling up to expectations. I grew up in the car biz and am biased because I know the inside-out of it all. I mean even for those that are buying them, if the money was equal between a Kia and a German Brand, the sale figures alone are showing where buyers want to put their money. Kia should have known that.

They needed to seed-the-market with them used as once the depreciation hits they will be a better value and more likely to compete.
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

12. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    The Stinger isn't the car for the person who shops for pony cars, I agree with that. The base Stinger GT w/AWD is $40K, not $50K and that certainly makes a difference in monthly payments
    ^^ honestly, it only makes a difference for non German Brand buyers. $10k is about $190-200mo which isn't much if you're used to spending $800-$1,200mo on a car. MBZ, Audi, up-level buyers who do that won't blink very hard at $10k. However, Kia needs to realize that and that their real market target isn't switching buyers from Germany to them, it's a better play to take the $38k Accord Buyer and move them into a $48k car. That's more likely what is happening not the other way around. Only catch is buyers are moving to more crossover and SUV route in that range too.

I'm a perfect example of that. As much as I love the G70 I just detailed (pics coming soon) if the money is equal, I"m still not buying it over a MBZ or Audi or other vehicle. In the case I had, the Infiniti comes in far less in cost and has some pretty stout selling points even if it's not the latest in tech for a vehicle. So much so, I went from going to another AMG to it just because the value was indeed that strong. No way I could justify $88k for the MBZ I picked out or even the A7 I was shopping when the lease payment was literally half. Maybe next time but not this go-round.

Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast