autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3940414243444546474849
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yes, I bought a KIA

wow, the KIA EV6 GT is no joke (it's like a rocket!).. this is what happens when you invest early into EV's among other things...

taken from car & driver...

Kia has surprised us with a high-performance version of its new electric car, the EV6. Called the EV6 GT, this range-topping model features an all-wheel-drive powertrain with front and rear electric motors that produce a total of 576 horsepower and 546 pound-feet of torque. It's available only with the larger of the EV6's two battery packs and also features visual tweaks to set it apart from the lesser versions.

Kia's performance claims for the GT are impressive: a sprint to 62 mph in 3.5 seconds and a top speed of 162 mph. It also features software that is said to to mimic the behavior of a limited-slip differential.
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it’s great we have options like EV’s, but I don’t like how everyone is dropping gasoline motors to make them.

So what happens when I’m driving a (for grins let’s call it) E-F-250 and I’m hauling a 17k payload that will undoubtedly drain the batteries quicker and I have to pull in to charge. I don’t see any Pilots/TA/Loves/Petro with charging station out in the diesel isle.

Plus, I have to buy a 240 to charge it in my garage? How long does it take to charge a battery? They have those little nuclear stations that charge batteries in 15 minutes, but how many of those lightning bolt charges you think Mr Elon’s brainchild can handle?

/rant

Looks like a nice car, for a power wheels. Yes, I bought a KIA

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    2021 Ford F-150 XL STX 5.0 Coyote
    2016 Ford Mustang 2.3 Ecoboost
    2010 GMC Acadia 3.6

Post Thanks / Like

That X4M Comp Pkg was .2 behind...anazingYes, I bought a KIAYes, I bought a KIA

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    wow, the KIA EV6 GT is no joke (it's like a rocket!).. this is what happens when you invest early into EV's among other things...
    Agree. I think Hyndai/Kia with the EV6 and the Icon6 are really putting thier flag in the ground of EV's. Not only do they seem to perform pretty well, but the look good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Brrr View Post
    I think it’s great we have options like EV’s, but I don’t like how everyone is dropping gasoline motors to make them.

So what happens when I’m driving a (for grins let’s call it) E-F-250 and I’m hauling a 17k payload that will undoubtedly drain the batteries quicker and I have to pull in to charge. I don’t see any Pilots/TA/Loves/Petro with charging station out in the diesel isle.
    I have a similar concern, but for different reasons. While EV's aren't a bad idea, I think the auto industry has really had a misttep by not continuing to develop hybrids and plug-in hybrids.

Charging infrastructure is is still an issue and likely will be for quite some time. I went on a 300-ish mile scenic back-roads drive and most if it was in uninhabited/sparsely inhabited areas. Since I was driving rather enthusiastically, fuel consumption was rather high. Electric consumption would be even worse. Anything full EV likely would not have been able to make the trip due to the unavailability of a charger, not to mention the charging time. Cold weather is still a big problem too. In cold weather, most EV's lose 30-40% of their range which makes them less usable for longer distance travel.

I seriously considered an EV for my wife since she drives about 200 miles a day for her job. We could save a fortune in gas, but we'd have to install a 240v outlet in the garage and through most of the late fall/winter there would be a strong possibility she be rolling into the house at the end of the day with only a few electrons left in the battery. The rural areas she serves are probably decades away from getting any chargers.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

5. Likes Brrr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i am the jump starter.

7. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

AGO iPhone App no longer on the store?

wasn't a fan of the previous K5 (mainly the rear end) but the newly refreshed 2025 looks great, and even better if you debadge the front and rear emblems for a clean look (like below). IMO, it looks better than the new accord which they missed the mark on...

i am the jump starter.

10. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw the 2025 K5 inperson yesterday at the CAS and it's stunning (except the rims, easy fix) It was in that popular what I call "clearcoated primer"Yes, I bought a KIA

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3940414243444546474849