autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Was Your First Car?

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    Not mine but 1984 Nissan Sentra. 69hp with a 5 speed manual. I swear it went faster in 4 than 5

Mine was a dark red. Grey vinyl seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My parents had a Sentra like that, a tan one. I drove it some, but my hand me down was a 1984 Ford Tempo. Not mine shown below, mine was gray with red vinyl interior.

Post Thanks / Like

A dark metallic green 1975 Monte Carlo. I had the cool options like Landau vinyl roof, swivel bucket seats, power windows and 8 track player. I wish I still had that car.

3. Likes DaveT435, BadgerRivFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What Was Your First Car?

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    Too embarrassed to post your first car?

Let me guess a Toyota Paseo
    My 1st car was a 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz. White on white, burgundy carpet, stainless steel roof, factory wire wheels, fully loaded but almost none of it worked. But I kept it Clean though! Lol.

I bought it in 1997 and I was 18yrs. old at the time.
    This car had been parked outside unused for a couple of years prior to me buying it from a friend of a friend. It had belonged to his father, which IIRC had passed away... I wanted a Cadillac, but this wasn’t exactly what I initially had in mind, but it quikly grew on me and helped spark a loyalty to the brand that still lives in me today.

I paid $1,300 cash. These photos were taken @Ronald Moran Cadillac in Torrance Ca. [now known as Penske Cadillac]
    These are the only photos I ever took of the car.

My 2nd car: 1988 Cadillac Eldorado. White w/dark Navy blue leather interior.

I bought this car in 1999, I was 20yrs. old at the time. I paid $5,000 at a used car lot and built my solid credit thanks to it. I always hated those hubcaps, but that’s how it came...

I waxed a car for the very 1st time the day these pictures were taken. I used a tub of Mothers California Gold Carnauba Paste Cleaner Wax and I had little clue of what I was doing because I was a noob. I attended the wedding of 1 of my best friends that day.
    These are the only photos I ever took of the car.

My 3rd car: 1992 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe. Pearl White w/tan leather interior. Fully loaded, including full woodgrain console. Everything worked. 1st year of this body style, 4.9 liter V8. [32 Valve Northstar V8 didn’t come equipped until next year]

I bought this car in 2002, on my 23rd. birthday.
    I paid $10,000. This car was a certified pre owned vehicle straight from the Cadillac dealership and was in absolute mint condition. 63,000 original miles. Old lady 1 owner car. A Creampuff.
    These are among the only pictures I still have of the car.

My 4th car: 1992 Cadillac Eldorado. Dark Navy Blue. Beige leather interior.
    I paid $1,000 dollars cash for this car and it was an absolute beater to the max! Brakes squealed extremely loud any time the wheels spun, so basically you could hear this car coming 3 blocks away. Lol. Bad transmission, tail lights didn’t work, interior smelled like an ashtray and I could never minimize the smell...

This cars main purpose was to fix my other 92’ which I had crashed the front end in an accident... This cars body was straight, and that’s all that mattered. I drove it for 6 months until I blew the heads trying to force the transmission to kick into gear. The following week both cars went to the body shop to finally fix the white Eldo.

This is the only pic I ever took of this bat crazy Eldorado.

My 5th car: 1997 Cadillac Seville SLS. I paid $1,000 dollars cash. It’s my current daily driver and this car’s lasted waay longer than I ever thought it would... I have alot of respect for this car. It’s a Man!What Was Your First Car?lol.

I’ve had some other cars, but IMO they’re insignificant and don’t deserve to be mentioned nor do I even remember all of them. I only care about the Cadillacs.What Was Your First Car?

Took me a long time to post in this thread... Because I knew it would be a long 1. If you somehow made it through all that, then thanks for reading.What Was Your First Car?What Was Your First Car?

5. Likes Hammer77, PaulMys, SWETM, Goonie75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My first car was a 1967 Impala 3-speed on the column.
    My second car was the second car of my dreams.
    A 1970 Z28 with a 4-speed manual transmission
    advertised as 350 cu.in. (5.7 L) 360 horse but
    more like 400-425 horse. Back then, auto makers
    lowered advertised HP to help with insurance.
    First dream car,1965 427 Shelby Cobra, too
    much money for me then.

Jim

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My first car was an Opel Kadett C Sedan '77 in that orange color Before I took my drivers licens me and a friend of mine repaired and fixed all the rust on it. And he was a good painter so after some modifying and alot of sanding. Painted it in the original color.

The strangest thing it was a very good winter car. When we had snow roads and the studded 135/80 13" tires on. And alot of weights in the trunk. The car had remarkable handling on the snow roads. I could drive very aggressive when playing around with it. It was not at all hard to have it drift through the corners and have fully control over it. Many thought I had replaced the engine with a bigger one and har done something with the suspension. It was all original exept the exhaust that was 1 3/4" and only had the last muffler left. We drove on frozen lakes alot too. And there where rally cars that could not keep up with me. A co-worker of mine had one of these too and his little brother had a very rally tuned Volvo 242. He beat him over and over one day on the frozen lake. His little brother stopped compete in rally and sold his car after that LOL

Not my car in the picture but same color and modell.

9. Likes UncleDavy, Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Never had a car, always been into trucks. My first truck was a 1986 Chevy S-10.

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1970 Chevelle
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

13. Likes PaulMys, Hammer77, SWETM, Jim w liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    1970 Chevelle
    That was my second ride, Dave. Original SS 396 car, but it had a 383 SB stroker and 750 Holley double pumper when I bought it.

Guy had turned it into a drag car. I believe I paid 2,800 for it back in '87. It got about 4 miles to the gallon with me hot footing all over, but gas was about 95 cents a gallon then too.....
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

15. Likes Hammer77, SWETM, Jim w liked this post
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.