autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

WRX Wiper Blades

How old are your blades? If, like me, you live in a climate that does not get much rain blades tend to go bad faster than you think and since you only think about them when you use them it may just be you need new ones. I agree that Bosch Micro Edge Blades are the best.
    One more thing if the smearing is happening when you clean the windshield what kind of washer fluid do you use? The cheap stuff in the gallon jugs at the local auto part stores is not always the best. I go to the Mercedes or GM dealer and buy their fluid. The MB stuff comes in little tubes you mix with a gallon of water a works the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WRX Wiper Blades

I've always rotated out my wipers on a yearly basis no matter where I live and change them out in the Fall. My preference right now is Bosch Icons for my VW, but I've actually found the inexpensive Michelin wipers sold at WalMart work just fine on my other daily drivers. In fact, they've out performed more expensive wipers in some regards.

My experience with the washer fluid was the opposite of yours. I found some of the OEM or more expensive stuff sold in stores to streak terribly and performed no better than the cheap stuff. The really cheap -25F winter grade fluid found at gas stations and grocery stores seems to work really well.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Just replaced mine with Trico flex. Like them so far. Had Michelin stealth on prior. THAT WAS A GREAT BLADE! About a year or less here they do need replaced. In the winter I just use the blue stuff with a shot of P21S washer fluid additive for better cleaning. In the summer I mix my own. I get 7 gallons out of this stuff. And I will add, this stuff is fantastic! I always make sure I have it on hand in the spring...

Nexzett Kristall Klar Windshield Washer Fluid Concentrate 250 ml
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

OEM Mopar blades and Mopar washer fluid. New every spring and fall. Never had a single problem, and the washer fluid doesn't leave any kind of film on my paint or trim.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.