autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Garage Floor Coating

I went with Garage Tech this time. I had epoxy last time and while it's nice, I like the Garage Tech better. For me, less fatigue when working on it all day. Clean up is unbelievably easy. I run the shop vac over it and an O'cedar type mop loaded with Ultima Waterless Wash occasionally. It's chaneled underneath to allow water flow, so I can pressure wash it off if I want to as well.

Signature Car Care... Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    http://www.signaturecarcare.com/
    "May the shine be with you" Uncle Stu

2. Likes Goonie75 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

That’s a nice looking floor there Dark Horse.

Post Thanks / Like

That floor looks like mine. But mine is painted. Helluva lot cheaper than tiles
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Bringing back this thread as I'm now seriously leaning towards Rust Bullet Floor Coating. 2 Layers of color with flake then a layer of clear to seal those flakes in. Comes highly recommended as it's a urethane based product and will not peal up or wear under normal traffic or if items are dragged on it.

I love floor tiles but I do wash cars in the garage out of the sun and don't want all that water trapped under them as even if it's channeled, there no air flow to dry it out. The ventilated ones are nice but then all the dust, dirt, leaves, etc will get under there and become a real PIA too.

I really just wanted a nice smooth water proof floor that will make a rinse down and squeegee of it so easy. The drainage on mine is perfect as water will flow out to the driveway easily too.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

I tried Epoxy floor coatings, none have worked most have peeled. So I went with Swiss tracks. Been happy ever since
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Garage Floor Coating-603e0554-aba9-4607-bb26-1ac6f7228a95-jpeg  

Post Thanks / Like

Polyaspartec coatings are the way to go. Most come with a lifetime warranty and I've seen no issues. I'm strongly considering it for mine. Cost is about $2800 to 3000 for my 24x24 area.

Downsides outside more coat are its a 3 to 5 day process and I'd have to clear everything out. Upside is b one and done.

Swiss tracks are about 1400 to 1700. Upside is pricing and I can do it myself.

Water drains off my floor just fine. I am not sure how I would like working on them and underneath will get quit dirty.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

You can vacuum over the Swiss tracks and most everything comes up or pull one piece up and clean under it.
    Why I went with Swiss tracks was like you said everything out of the garage for a week and I have to many tools to put outside. It only took me two days to put down the Swiss track and I did it myself.

9. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dano shine View Post
    You can vacuum over the Swiss tracks and most everything comes up or pull one piece up and clean under it.
    Why I went with Swiss tracks was like you said everything out of the garage for a week and I have to many tools to put outside. It only took me two days to put down the Swiss track and I did it myself.
    I'm am probably going to go this route given the costs. I am trying not to cheap-out but putting things in perspective, to spend $3k on a garage floor is a bit more than I want. Besides, if I don't like the swiss trax I can box up and sell them without much issue. Overall though I think I will be happy.

Post Thanks / Like

I have Commercial VCT (Vinyl Composition Tile) in my garage. The biggest advantage I have experienced vs. a bare concrete surface (besides aesthetics) is cleanliness. It is very easy to clean and it prevents the dusting that any bare concrete surface will produce. Concrete can be polished and sealed to prevent the dusting, but that is more work than coating it.

If I drop a rag, or a clay bar, an applicator, or any other item during detailing I can pick it up and continue without issue. I don't have to worry about what kind of contaminants I might have picked up. That could never be done safely with a bare concrete floor.

Although I considered the floating, snap together, type tiles, i.e., Racedeck or the like, I didn't like the idea of dirt accumulation in the seams and beneath the tiles. The VCT tiles are bonded to the floor so that is not an issue.

I also considered floor coatings but the high-end ones were simply too expensive for my tastes.

So... In summary - cleanliness is a big "pro" in my opinion. And the VCT tiles provide that at a very reasonable price compared to the other options.

Post Thanks / Like

Bringing back this thread. I just ordered Swisstrax Ribtrax Smooth for my garage. It is 720 sqft so it is costing me $3300. Anyone elae have this floor? How do you like it so far?

I'm hoping it helps with the dust and dirt in the garage. I had the whole garage painted, added an air filter and heater, now last thing is the floor.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast