autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Had this mower repair stand delivered today.

With eight lawn mowers in my "collection", having something to help do blade changes seems to make sense.

That pic is two years old, I have since added another large 21 inch self-propelled machine to replace the red Rover (second row, on the left.)

That list of eight will grow to nine soon, I may have just ordered a new one..............

This is a lighter machine and with a smaller 19 inch cut, favorable for the wetter/cooler months of the year. It only has the 150cc Briggs & Stratton engine but specifically chose this one for it key start.

These machines are used to make money with so are a tax write off, although I do tend to like playing with mowers.

2. Likes Big Dave, SNP209, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Had this mower repair stand delivered today.

With eight lawn mowers in my "collection", having something to help do blade changes seems to make sense.

That pic is two years old, I have since added another large 21 inch self-propelled machine to replace the red Rover (second row, on the left.)

That list of eight will grow to nine soon, I may have just ordered a new one..............

This is a lighter machine and with a smaller 19 inch cut, favorable for the wetter/cooler months of the year. It only has the 150cc Briggs & Stratton engine but specifically chose this one for it key start.

These machines are used to make money with so are a tax write off, although I do tend to like playing with mowers.
    Man, when you go in, you go ALL in.

And I know you will shake your head at this, but I've had my lawn mower for about five years, it's a Victa with a Honda motor, and I've only done one oil change, and never changed the blades, although I did try to find some at Bunnings the other day, but they were out of stock. I'll try to do better.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

4. Likes Tasmania, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I mowed my neighbours lawn they are in their 70s he did leave it a little long about 13 inches plus it was wet and about 10°c I broke the cutting deck belt putting on a new one
    Tomorrow. The belt was 4 cuts old dad said i must have sexy fingers because everything
    I touch i f###

6. Likes DFB, BudgetPlan1, dgage, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to wife and son dragging bags of 3-5 bowling balls across the back bumper, I had to replace the last guard/protector I had installed, and this time I took a little different look. I like it better. Still, wish we didn't need it but such is life with a heavily used SUV.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SPV31GM...roduct_details

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

8. Likes dgage, bbmach, Big Dave, DFB, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also got around to installing some outdoor accent lights before the storms rolled in

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

10. Likes dgage, bbmach, Big Dave, JDGolden, Tasmania and 4 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great Success! New belt on the mower took dad and i 30 minutes to do then i finished off the neighbour's lawn, Had a cuddle from the dog she is healing well.

12. Likes Big Dave, DFB, PaulMys, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I decided to do some work on my Victa/Honda mower, seems to be the thing at the moment. I was going to just put some new blades on it, but there doesn't seem to be any in stock anywhere. I didn't want to go into a mower shop, they would have talked me into a full service, or maybe a new mower. So I took the blade disc off, left the blades on there and went at them with a (illegitimate child) file then a grinding bit in my drill.

The hardest part of the whole thing, trying to put the disc back on while my 58 pound blue heeler cross tries to help out, by making sure my face stayed clean with his tongue. I don't have a picture of that.

14. Likes Tasmania, DFB, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I decided to do some work on my Victa/Honda mower, seems to be the thing at the moment. I was going to just put some new blades on it, but there doesn't seem to be any in stock anywhere. I didn't want to go into a mower shop, they would have talked me into a full service, or maybe a new mower. So I took the blade disc off, left the blades on there and went at them with a (illegitimate child) file then a grinding bit in my drill.

The hardest part of the whole thing, trying to put the disc back on while my 58 pound blue heeler cross tries to help out, by making sure my face stayed clean with his tongue. I don't have a picture of that.

Those 19" alloy Victa bases are brilliant, I have had many of those over the years.

These are the blades you will need -

BLADES & BOLTS FOR 19 & 20 INCH VICTA MOWERS
    Victa - Swing Back Blades (Blades & Bolts) CA09319S

16. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post

100% can picture.

18. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Engine swapped my Mustang.
    Pulled the stock rebuilt engine I put in last summer to put in the modified engine (rebuilt) back in.
    Hope to fire it up tomorrow.

Page 204 of 353 FirstFirst ... 104154194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214254304 ... LastLast